F10 - Misfire on engine

ngalan

Any brother could kindly provide your guidance on this matter?

My engine recently shake very vigorously and i ask the workshop to diagnose and was told there is misfire and my number 4 piston is not working properly. I was told to change ECU ignition computer and the other workshop told me i need to overhaul my engine......

Any kind bro could advice? I am down without a car for at least few months.... shit!

Thanks

Re: F10 - Misfire on engine

which workshop did you go to?

what diagnostics did they use?

are they familiar with BMWs?

probably just a faulty ignition coil which costs less than $200 to replace (excluding labour).

lesson: only go to workshops that are familiar with BMWs.

ngalan;1010989 said:
Any brother could kindly provide your guidance on this matter?

My engine recently shake very vigorously and i ask the workshop to diagnose and was told there is misfire and my number 4 piston is not working properly. I was told to change ECU ignition computer and the other workshop told me i need to overhaul my engine......

Any kind bro could advice? I am down without a car for at least few months.... shit!

Thanks

likely to be Ignition coil..............

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I went to my PI workshop at Sin Meng and the other one at Juzz for Car.

Thanks bros for the kind advice, if ignition coil faulty, will it cause pressure drop? My piston 1-3 pressure at 175 but piston 4 at 30 plus only. Thanks again!

So new (3yrs max) and piston leaking ?
What mileage is your car ?
Still within warranty period ?

milleage only 16000 and less than 1.4 years. cos i am buying from PI and crossing my fingers the PI workshop honour their cover. regret now!

ngalan;1011057 said:
milleage only 16000 and less than 1.4 years. cos i am buying from PI and crossing my fingers the PI workshop honour their cover. regret now!

what is the estimated cosf for repair?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pressure drop not coil pack issue ........ Looks like an overhaul is needed.

maybe just need to change the pistons ... piston crack ?

or worst scenario, bore crack =( .

Ring worn is most likely
Piston or Bore crack then we can present it to BMW and ask for answer liao, they probably want to take back engine to study it further.
TS, you go ask Pi if they want free advertisement should they not honour warranty

faint..... my PI workshop told me confirmed the problem is ECU and i have ask them to sign an agreement that if after changing the ECU, the problem still there then i will not pay them a single cents. ...... i just hope by changing the ECU will work!

ngalan;1011170 said:
faint..... my PI workshop told me confirmed the problem is ECU and i have ask them to sign an agreement that if after changing the ECU, the problem still there then i will not pay them a single cents. ...... i just hope by changing the ECU will work!

if under warranty then no issue........

* update us....
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ngalan;1011170 said:

In any case, you should not pay a single cent. The ECU should be covered under warranty too. Can PM the PI and workshop name to me?

Hi mine also got this problem .but I was lucky . Mine got warranty from performance motor. Did u install kellner sport modules.? My car was 1.5 year. Also went to the juzz for car first than they told me to go performance to check. I wait for 1 1/2 month to get it done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back