F20 120d Sport and M-Sport heading here in June

Singsider

Spoke to a few PI dealers today, apparently they are ready to bring in the F20 120d earliest by June this year. Ready for booking now, prices start around 192k for the sport version, and 204k for M-sport, which comes with the works. COE rebate at 86k.

Here are the performance numbers:

Power: 135 kw (181 bhp / 184 ps) @ 4000 rpm
Torque: 380 Nm (281 lb-ft) @ 1750 rpm
0 to 100kmh: 7.3 secs
FC (combined): 4.6L / 100km, or 21.7km/L. Real world is probably 30% less, so around 15.2km/L (50% urban cycle)
Fuel cost per tank (52L) = 52 x $1.45/L (assuming 15% discount) = $75.5 ~ $76
Range per tank: about 800km
Road tax: $2010 per year

And here's a video of someone tearing up the highway with one of these lovelies:

[video=youtube;Y9dRsILvMlc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9dRsILvMlc[/video]

Btw, turbo diesels are much easier to tune for higher gains, so 218hp / 450nm for stage 1 is very do-able!

Re: F20 120d Sport and M-Sport heading here in June

At that price and road tax, isn't it more worthwhile to top up another 15-20k for a pi m135i? I mean if you consider that m135i will probably have much higher parf because of higher omv and it does not qualify for carbon rebate. Or real difference is probably 10k or so?

Or has pi m135i become so much more expensive?

PI's M135i ranging in $220s....hmmmm

Bros, you're right about the m135i. Price is around 20k more. 5 door version should cost maybe 5k more. But issue for me would be running cost. Its a 3 litre petrol sports car that's gonna need 98 to run well. I travel about 100km a day, and i reckon its gonna cost me a lot more per month in fuel alone. Once i factor in the extra loan, higher road tax and insurance, im looking at around 1k more per month to feed my car. My friend sold his 335i after 6 months for the same reason. Back then it also cost around the same as an m135i now, and has the same engine. The m has always been my dream car, but alas dreams aren't always practical. :)

Singsider;959004 said:
Bros, you're right about the m135i. Price is around 20k more. 5 door version should cost maybe 5k more. But issue for me would be running cost. Its a 3 litre petrol sports car that's gonna need 98 to run well. I travel about 100km a day, and i reckon its gonna cost me a lot more per month in fuel alone. Once i factor in the extra loan, higher road tax and insurance, im looking at around 1k more per month to feed my car. My friend sold his 335i after 6 months for the same reason. Back then it also cost around the same as an m135i now, and has the same engine. The m has always been my dream car, but alas dreams aren't always practical. :)

yeah the former would be of a prudent choice for u...
I would consider it too....

Like the PML tagline says, "passion wins".. Sometimes anyway. :) if i live in Malaysia, it would be m135i, without a second thought! No coe, dirt cheap V-power, endless roads. All i need are rockets, machine guns and oil slicks to keep the bandits away... Lol

Singsider;959016 said:
Like the PML tagline says, "passion wins".. Sometimes anyway. :) if i live in Malaysia, it would be m135i, without a second thought! No coe, dirt cheap V-power, endless roads. All i need are rockets, machine guns and oil slicks to keep the bandits away... Lol

You will have AES cams, potholed roads, excessive number of high speed bumps in all housing estates, double parking and worse ADs than pml to contend with. The lalang is always greener over the causeway.

Meek;959022 said:
You will have AES cams, potholed roads, excessive number of high speed bumps in all housing estates, double parking and worse ADs than pml to contend with. The lalang is always greener over the causeway.

Well said! :thumbup: we've got our own lalang here as well. Believe me, its a matter of time before alot of us end up living in JB. Danga bay has Singapore expat community written all over it, now that the 2 pm's are so chummy. High speed rail, mrt to jb, everything seems to point towards it. The 6.9 mil can't all stack up here. Unless we end up like HK.

Anyways, back to topic. Checked out the vid above?

Singsider;959036 said:
Anyways, back to topic. Checked out the vid above?

guy is driving like an ID10T.

Meek;959056 said:
guy is driving like an ID10T.

Definitely an idiot. Should always drive responsibly when others lives are at stake. But it does show the drivability of the car. Overtaking is pretty effortless.

Singsider;959004 said:

Road tax is probably just an extra $200 more than 2.0 diesel...that is like $20 a month.

It cost 20k more up front, but it is probably going to fetch a lot more later on, even if you were to scrap and export it. Don't forget about the parf which will affect how your next car owner will calculate his depreciation. I suspect the difference in parf is going to be 10k or more...what is the omv of 120d m sport and m135i?

I test drove the m135i and all I can say is it is very good as a city car for daily commuting, yet it should also be a great drive on days that you leave work late and the roads are clear. Too bad, I was only given an insulting 2.5k discount off the list price, otherwise, it is worth a serious consideration.

But then again, for your type of mileage, I guess diesel is indeed the way to go.

For me, I average about 850km per month...so fuel consumption is really the last thing on my mind.

What is your age, how much is the insurace quoted to you for m135i?

Slow_poke_driver;959186 said:
Road tax is probably just an extra $200 more than 2.0 diesel...that is like $20 a month.

It cost 20k more up front, but it is probably going to fetch a lot more later on, even if you were to scrap and export it. Don't forget about the parf which will affect how your next car owner will calculate his depreciation. I suspect the difference in parf is going to be 10k or more...what is the omv of 120d m sport and m135i?

I test drove the m135i and all I can say is it is very good as a city car for daily commuting, yet it should also be a great drive on days that you leave work late and the roads are clear. Too bad, I was only given an insulting 2.5k discount off the list price, otherwise, it is worth a serious consideration.

But then again, for your type of mileage, I guess diesel is indeed the way to go.

For me, I average about 850km per month...so fuel consumption is really the last thing on my mind.

What is your age, how much is the insurace quoted to you for m135i?

Haven't checked insurance, but I reckon that a 3L sports car will still cost more than a 2L one. Road Tax is $350 more ($2010 vs $2362). Petrol vs Diesel is $1.99 vs $1.45 per litre (assuming 15% discount)

Final price for 120d is cheaper because it attracts a $15,000 CEVS rebate (119g/km), whereas m135i attracts zero CEVS rebate (175g/km). So in terms of OMV, you may not find so much of a difference.

Long term, diesel is a much better way to go, considering how fast petrol prices have been rising. I understand that mileage is not a concern of yours, but for most drivers who commute daily and get stuck in jams most of the time, the N55 engine is not going to help at all.

Hope you find the data useful!

Ah yang;959229 said:
Should also think abt how 2 maintain a diesel engine. Juz like hybrid. U save on tis. Bt u got 2 spend on other maintaining cost.

True that. I think those workshops that deal with euro-taxis are gonna see more business soon! Btw, 70% of the European car market is already diesel. We are the ones who are still straggling behind. Their air is alot cleaner now, and spend alot less on fuel. What are we waiting for exactly? Even our govt has given the green light with the new diesel tax structure.

Singsider;959194 said:
Haven't checked insurance, but I reckon that a 3L sports car will still cost more than a 2L one. Road Tax is $350 more ($2010 vs $2362). Petrol vs Diesel is $1.99 vs $1.45 per litre (assuming 15% discount)

Final price for 120d is cheaper because it attracts a $15,000 CEVS rebate (119g/km), whereas m135i attracts zero CEVS rebate (175g/km). So in terms of OMV, you may not find so much of a difference.

Long term, diesel is a much better way to go, considering how fast petrol prices have been rising. I understand that mileage is not a concern of yours, but for most drivers who commute daily and get stuck in jams most of the time, the N55 engine is not going to help at all.

Hope you find the data useful!

So 204k is after or before rebate? Coz you see, even if 120d and m135i have same omv (which I doubt so as m135i omv at ad is already 38+/-2), because of the 15k cevs rebate, the parf of 120d is already 7.5k lower. This is the part you must take note before you commit. Paying less up front is always good, but paying less up front and getting back less later on is what dealers don't tell buyers.

Slow_poke_driver;959238 said:
So 204k is after or before rebate? Coz you see, even if 120d and m135i have same omv (which I doubt so as m135i omv at ad is already 38+/-2), because of the 15k cevs rebate, the parf of 120d is already 7.5k lower. This is the part you must take note before you commit. Paying less up front is always good, but paying less up front and getting back less later on is what dealers don't tell buyers.

So you're planning on driving the m135i till scrap?

204k is after cevs rebate of 15k. So its 219k before rebate. This is the m-sport version. The normal sport version may work out to be more worth it at 192k. MA sells the m-aero bodykit at 3.5k promo price, unsprayed.

Diesel not convenient to pump in sg leh.

If really only 20k lesser than m135i, i for sure would take M135i. 100km/day is not alot.

How much is the nett px for pml 118? 120 Performance wise only slightly better than 118. Can PI indent 125 instead?

ccc;959241 said:
Diesel not convenient to pump in sg leh.

If really only 20k lesser than m135i, i for sure would take M135i. 100km/day is not alot.

How much is the nett px for pml 118? 120 Performance wise only slightly better than 118. Can PI indent 125 instead?

Yes I think you should buy the M135i. :)

Singsider;959239 said:
So you're planning on driving the m135i till scrap?

I no $$ to buy m135i, especially not a nett nett 247.5k m135i with cloth seats.

Anyway, parf will affect you even if you don't drive till scrap. If you sell the car after 2-3 years, the next buyer will simply calculate his depreciation from your selling price minus parf. If you try to sell the car after 7-9 years, dealers will ask you to export, which means it is still back to arf. But then, I am sure you already know this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hitclub999com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back