F30 316i Opens for Booking Soon at PML

Re: F30 316i Opens for Booking Soon at PML

Better grab the 335 while you can. In the future, you can get a 3L engine only in the M3.

douggie;939421 said:
Better grab the 335 while you can. In the future, you can get a 3L engine only in the M3.

Why need a 3L engine when a 1L 3 cylinder triple-power tubo with dual power-box can do the job. And annual road tax is $250. Fuel tank is a tinny 20L capacity that powers you 800km.

We are into a new era of transportation. The Swatch-Benz SMART car could just be brought back.

Red_Bean_Bun;939414 said:
Remember last time got SiR and those bug eyes...... those ?

Think different generation of civic liao. The 50+k is probably EG generation. Bug eye sir is probably the EK? EK time coe started already and got very expensive liao, I remember EK sir was like 130+k?

Those hatchbacks ? Still looks good today .....

Slow_poke_driver;939453 said:
Think different generation of civic liao. The 50+k is probably EG generation. Bug eye sir is probably the EK? EK time coe started already and got very expensive liao, I remember EK sir was like 130+k?

MapleLeaf;939430 said:
Why need a 3L engine when a 1L 3 cylinder triple-power tubo with dual power-box can do the job. And annual road tax is $250. Fuel tank is a tinny 20L capacity that powers you 800km.

We are into a new era of transportation. The Swatch-Benz SMART car could just be brought back.

If it's that simple, there's no need for so many makes and models for cars. All up to individual preferences.

I think no one can beat the history of old car story...

my first car was a Suzuki with only 550 cc. Sometime must turn off the engine at traffic light to aviod enging die. Sometime must turn off the aircon when try to climb to Mount Faber....

...the worst thing I remember, my fuel tank dried up at the middle of the road outside Sim Lim Tower. I have to run to the nearest kiosk near Sim Lim Square to buy petrol and refill the tank at the middle of the road.

what a day...

Last edited by a moderator:

I had a test drive of the 316 last Sunday 30th Dec. The sport line looks really good on the car, and comes standard with all 316s i was told.

Next question really is.. any tuners out there familiar with tuning this brand new model? I understand it is using the 1 series engine, so probably similar maps?

TUV2008;939609 said:

my first car was a Suzuki with only 550 cc. Sometime must turn off the engine at traffic light to aviod enging die. Sometime must turn off the engine when try to climb to Mount Faber....

...the worst thing I remember, my fuel tank dried up at the middle of the road outside Sim Lim Tower. I have to run to the nearest kiosk near Sim Lim Square to buy petrol and refill the tank at the middle of the road.

what a day...

What has the empty tank gotta do with the car being old or new? :lol:

TUV2008;939609 said:

my first car was a Suzuki with only 550 cc. Sometime must turn off the engine at traffic light to aviod enging die. Sometime must turn off the engine when try to climb to Mount Faber.... ....

I suppose you meant turn off air-con and MUST put to first gear...

invaz;939677 said:
I had a test drive of the 316 last Sunday 30th Dec. The sport line looks really good on the car, and comes standard with all 316s i was told.

Next question really is.. any tuners out there familiar with tuning this brand new model? I understand it is using the 1 series engine, so probably similar maps?
I believe sure got aftermarket tuning package.

Sorry for repeating. Buy from PI if want to tune. Probably can find PI to bring in 316 with m sports package too.

M sports steering wheel for f30 looks so sick.

Btw whats the price? Any overtrade etc?

Last edited by a moderator:

gadgets;939397 said:
nope, he was not comparing, just reminiscing the good old days.

hahaha, tt was my first new car too. another hot cake during those days. price paid then can hardly buy a coe today :)

hard to compare with those good old days leh.. lol.. COE $1

ccc;939682 said:
I believe sure got aftermarket tuning package.

Sorry for repeating. Buy from PI if want to tune. Probably can find PI to bring in 316 with m sports package too.

M sports steering wheel for f30 looks so sick.

Btw whats the price? Any overtrade etc?

Price is $186,800 before next week, what I heard from the sales exec is that it will increase to $19X,XXX after official launch this weekend. No overtrade, but standard $2000 loan discount.

Overtrade discount probably will kick in when they start selling at $190+k.. just playing with numbers.

I heard for after market tuning if you use a piggback, the warranty is not voided? Do you mean PIs will honour warranty even after a reflash of the ECU?

invaz;939677 said:

Besides the look, can you comment on the performance, drive, acceleration, handling, power .....etc...many people are concern with the small 1.6L engine to handle that body size.

I guess handling should be better due to lighter engine block?

Acceleration surely not as good as 320i.

TUV2008;939691 said:
Besides the look, can you comment on the performance, drive, acceleration, handling, power .....etc...many people are concern with the small 1.6L engine to handle that body size.

Yes bro I know I missed out that part, because I can't really put a finger to it. Overall it was a smooth ride with the 8 speed gear box, because of that the pick up was quite quick, not to mention 220nm torque fromt the 1.6L. I was first off the lights for the 3-4 which I had to stop during the drive. Didn't go onto the highways to test high speed acceleration though.

Personally though I will be sending it for a tune once I get mine :) With the turbo engine, hopefully can squeeze some decent hp out of the engine!

invaz;939694 said:
Yes bro I know I missed out that part, because I can't really put a finger to it. Overall it was a smooth ride with the 8 speed gear box, because of that the pick up was quite quick, not to mention 220nm torque fromt the 1.6L. I was first off the lights for the 3-4 which I had to stop during the drive. Didn't go onto the highways to test high speed acceleration though.

Personally though I will be sending it for a tune once I get mine :) With the turbo engine, hopefully can squeeze some decent hp out of the engine!
Facepalm!!

No wonder price of Cat A COE will overtake Cat B.

invaz;939688 said:
Price is $186,800 before next week, what I heard from the sales exec is that it will increase to $19X,XXX after official launch this weekend. No overtrade, but standard $2000 loan discount.

Overtrade discount probably will kick in when they start selling at $190+k.. just playing with numbers.

I heard for after market tuning if you use a piggback, the warranty is not voided? Do you mean PIs will honour warranty even after a reflash of the ECU?

Yesterday went PML wanting to check out but boh open. Ish this more powerderful than c180 1.6L? If STI continue to chiong, I think the showroom will be crowded this weekend. If 190ishk might as well get FL A4.

Waiting for the day cars come with 1 cylinder with 1 turbo charger .....300cc.

I tested the car last Saturday and I can say that the acceleration and torque at low end speed is quite good, especially on sport mode. Couldn't believe actually that I was in a 1.6 liter car. I love the inside of the car too with the red line and all. I wonder whether they will bring in the M sport model.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
five88loans

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back