F30 now has long waiting list!

Re: F30 now has long waiting list!

B-Class;981496 said:
think u missed out GST?

If I am not wrong, GST is based on omv at import= 7%*omv

Then add-on the 7% from profit margin or something...i.e. gst is not taxed on the full retail price, but I am really not sure how the calculation is.

Staranz;981230 said:
Hi,

After I read the threads. Thot I should let all know that PML has cremed off Bimmers buyers again. I bought 320i at end Jan13 before the cooling measures. List price was $216.8K and COE was at $97K. PML gave me $20K overtrade. Net price I paid was $196.8K.

ARF increased by $7K with the latest measures and that will bring current net price to $203K, comparable to the $202K PML offers in Apr13. But guess what, COE is now $30K cheaper. PML is earning the extra margin of $30K, without lowering the car price. That's astonishing. I am only glad that I got mine before that.

AD selling price wont change at current COE situation. It is their COE rebates that's changing. If you're lucky to buy at 78k/88k rebate level, you would easily get back $20k cash back.

Staranz;981230 said:
Hi,

After I read the threads. Thot I should let all know that PML has cremed off Bimmers buyers again. I bought 320i at end Jan13 before the cooling measures. List price was $216.8K and COE was at $97K. PML gave me $20K overtrade. Net price I paid was $196.8K.

ARF increased by $7K with the latest measures and that will bring current net price to $203K, comparable to the $202K PML offers in Apr13. But guess what, COE is now $30K cheaper. PML is earning the extra margin of $30K, without lowering the car price. That's astonishing. I am only glad that I got mine before that.

Totally agree with what you say.

But still, i booked a 320i luxury edition 3 weeks ago at $207,800. The price is after deducting $16k overtrade, $3k finance rebate, $7k ARF rebate, $1k pml voucher, 3M mat and solar film.

I have a question, if the car price drop to $180k, will I be able to get the car at the lower price? According to my SA, she said PML will make adjustment to my contract so long PML haven't reg the car and no COE is bid.

Anyone able to advise?

waterfoe;981772 said:
Totally agree with what you say.

But still, i booked a 320i luxury edition 3 weeks ago at $207,800. The price is after deducting $16k overtrade, $3k finance rebate, $7k ARF rebate, $1k pml voucher, 3M mat and solar film.

I have a question, if the car price drop to $180k, will I be able to get the car at the lower price? According to my SA, she said PML will make adjustment to my contract so long PML haven't reg the car and no COE is bid.

Anyone able to advise?

i feel you have a very good deal. mine has just 15k overtrade and nothing else!

the car price wont drop... coe maybe and you can only hope if it drop below your rebate level. and that will be ur "discount"

buyer walk into showroom with eyes and ears wide opened
$30k $50k or $100k profit ... willing buyer willing seller

robert walk in ... don't chop robert chop who?

Last edited by a moderator:

When did you booked your car? Do agree that the car price won't drop much due to the higher ARF.

Cos currently the COE is quite unpredictable so not sure 4 months down the road what will happen since my car will on be deliver in Aug.

Tsu Basa;981786 said:
i feel you have a very good deal. mine has just 15k overtrade and nothing else!

the car price wont drop... coe maybe and you can only hope if it drop below your rebate level. and that will be ur "discount"

waterfoe;981791 said:
When did you booked your car? Do agree that the car price won't drop much due to the higher ARF.

Cos currently the COE is quite unpredictable so not sure 4 months down the road what will happen since my car will on be deliver in Aug.

I booked last month and collected last week. it was ex-stock :)

I think they bid your coe first and not waiting 4 months time for the car to arrive.

waterfoe;981791 said:

Did the SA tell you the Coe rebate level?

For new shipment, OMV may also differ due to variation in exchange rate.

Hope you make a gain on exchange rate with stronger EURO by then.

My rebate level is at $48,000.

Hope the Coe will be around $30,000 to $40,000 so I can save $8,000.

My rebate level is at $48,000.

Hope the Coe will be around $30,000 to $40,000 so I can save $8,000.

Just came back from PML, was offered 20K off listed price for 328i, 2K more discount if take in-hse loan. In addition, was offered a better trade-in value of my current ride...
Was told can still negotiate further if I find package unattractive.
I didn't cos I'm not ready to commit...

Tsu Basa;981616 said:
AD selling price wont change at current COE situation. It is their COE rebates that's changing. If you're lucky to buy at 78k/88k rebate level, you would easily get back $20k cash back.

Don't really agreed with that. If current COE market has reduced by $30K, shouldn't price down about the same with rebate reflecting expectation. Something is wrong if they quote the same price and lower rebate to $60K, while the rebate was at $90K before 26 Feb. AD passes the risk to buyers for them to earn that extra margin. If they set rebate constant at $90K and car price the same, than your theory holds. If not, it is a ripping off exercise. Again, it is a willing buyer willing seller situation. So I can't comment further. Current buyers are just writing off a bigger margin through agent's profit, besides ARF, customs duty, etc.

COE down but PML adjusted upwards their price to cover the additional ARF they need to top up, totally ignoring the reduction in COE price.

SynAce;981830 said:
COE down but PML adjusted upwards their price to cover the additional ARF they need to top up, totally ignoring the reduction in COE price.

Precisely. They are betting on brand loyalty. Worse still, trade-in and overtrade did not increase very much due to the weak 2nd hand market. So current buyers are financing a bigger price gap between new car and your existing car.

that's normal

SynAce;981830 said:

saw the peugeot 508 earlier today at vivo roadshow. very nice and value for $.

Staranz;981827 said:
Don't really agreed with that. If current COE market has reduced by $30K, shouldn't price down about the same with rebate reflecting expectation. Something is wrong if they quote the same price and lower rebate to $60K, while the rebate was at $90K before 26 Feb. AD passes the risk to buyers for them to earn that extra margin. If they set rebate constant at $90K and car price the same, than your theory holds. If not, it is a ripping off exercise. Again, it is a willing buyer willing seller situation. So I can't comment further. Current buyers are just writing off a bigger margin through agent's profit, besides ARF, customs duty, etc.

I believe they are holding their prices to give alot more overtrades to help buyers with the 50% dp. its the same case in AUDI and MB

if you want a realistic price without hidden overtrades then should look at PI prices.

Vansoh;981846 said:
saw the peugeot 508 earlier today at vivo roadshow. very nice and value for $.

was driving a pug earlier. Never gonna buy it again.

problematic car, inefficient service centre, nobody else except autofrance can fix your difficult car issues and real bad resale value.

Tsu Basa;981848 said:
I believe they are holding their prices to give alot more overtrades to help buyers with the 50% dp. its the same case in AUDI and MB

if you want a realistic price without hidden overtrades then should look at PI prices.

Agree totally that AD hold price so that buyers can get more loan due to 50% loan cap. However, I was comparing net price after all overtrade. So if net price about the same before and after COE drop $30K, then buyers pay $30K more for a lower paper value. Free market anyway. Just wanted to share with those to open their eyes wider when they go PML, and not thinking that they got a cheaper deal becos COE drops. Totally not the case.

Tsu Basa;981849 said:
was driving a pug earlier. Never gonna buy it again.

problematic car, inefficient service centre, nobody else except autofrance can fix your difficult car issues and real bad resale value.

Maybe depends on Model bro..Have been driving Pug 308 for 4.5 yrs w/o any problem. Strong, n reliable. Just booked bmw 316i. Going to miss my 308:(:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back