F30 Owner: Does your steering produces such sound?

Re: F30 Owner: Does your steering produces such sound?

kon;991160 said:
wah! how come your seat have lumbar support? :(

oops, wrong term used, shld be thigh support..

jjg;991166 said:
Okie Dokie. For a moment I thgh your seat is made specifically for males only bcoz 'lumbar' sounded like ---par :p

jjg;991166 said:

damn! how heavy is your thigh?! hahahahaha

Meek;991149 said:
Hydrolic pump....

Only know it is electric steering and BMW call it variable sport steering... no idea of the component, in fact quite shock to see it being hydraulic - if it's really hydraullic, why so many KPKB bmw change to electric?

I don't see a problem before I send in to change the torn leather, but only on collection, I was told some problems on the thigh support... So what's ur take? :rolleyes: anyway, the side plastic panel suffered deep deep scratches.. :thumbdown:... Of course I complain!

Meek;991149 said:
Hydrolic pump....
I thought F series is running electric power steering?

The sound is likely coming from steering column. I had that sound on E39 till the day it was sold. Nvr bother to fix it.

I just sent in today.
Mechanic confirm that the sound ain't normal. Now, they say they need to check if it's steering rack or just those bushings...
I keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully they can get it sorted out if not i really wanna kpkb.

Hope it works out ......

Williammm;991386 said:
I just sent in today.
Mechanic confirm that the sound ain't normal. Now, they say they need to check if it's steering rack or just those bushings...
I keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully they can get it sorted out if not i really wanna kpkb.

I thought this normal for the Electric steering rack? "Steering lock" after off ?

h
Williammm;991874 said:
Got a fone call.. Car can collect today.
They changed my shocks and coolant sensor nia...
Nv change the steering rack.

great, hope ur prob is solved :) pardon my kuku, how does shocks and coolant sensor relate to steering :huhhuh::huhhuh::huhhuh: or was it some magic pml had performed on ur car???

I have the "Coolant level too low" warning, which is to do with the coolant sensor.
Got it sorted out. Seems like now it's good.

This time round i choose to use the famous German Castrol. Goddamn, its really good. My engine temp rarely go pass 70~80C.
Engine seems more responsive. Previously was using the Pennzoil Ultra (Euro), a lot of good reviews etc... but tried and i personally don't think it is really that good....

hi bro, was the shock part of the wear and tear due to the H&R coil? How much is castrol service ?

The Castrol oil wasn't from PML, it was from MXtrading. Can google abt German Castrol, its good stuff.
I believe the shock was having problem before i up those lowering springs. But then again, i might be wrong... which is why i'm thinking abt coilovers now.

Williammm;992146 said:
The Castrol oil wasn't from PML, it was from MXtrading. Can google abt German Castrol, its good stuff.

i didn't realize they started carrying castrol! BTW, am i right to say this is the BMW LL-04 spec'd oil? If so, I would be a little wary of using it with singapore gasoline. Sulphur control levels are far less restrictive here than the US. And LL-04 is not recommended for use in the US (more suitable for europe). You can run shorter oil changes, but then you risk deposits esp on DI engines (i assume yours is the N20 engine?). It's almost lose-lose with LL04 oil + SG gasoline.

in Q4 may be more feasible once new regulation deadlines kick in. PM me if you'd like more info.

I just put it in, yesterday. I feel that it should be good.
Previously the Pennzoil Ultra was good starting.. but it sort of broke down somewhere @ 4000km.
Engine felt sluggish and a big noisy.

Now GC, engine is quiet and importantly it's responsive.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nguyenvanhung

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back