F30 Teething Problems

Re: F30 Teething Problems

kianliau;845800 said:
at least u can settle within 3 days...mine gonna take 2 weeks ;(
wonder if these covered under the lemon law thingy?

well, ask the relevant ppl on such lemon law, not too sure but frankly F30 is kinda vulnerable to such, many problems and I wun be surprised if PML or MA has lotsa complaints on it

tortoise;845406 said:
I've rattles in front and rear, still waiting for my courtesy car from PML, they said 1 full day to check all noises (incl. suspension and brakes) and 2-3 days to solve them. Goodness.

Another mth before I shoot complaint letter to BMW AG directly. I'm tempted to opt for an upgrade tho, disappointed with F30 built. Power and handling wise, good. Rest, sucks. Hahahahahahaa

Bro tortoise mine sent in today, gave me loaner : (

Spoke to service manager abt upgrade as well if the issues persists!! Even my friends Suzuki swift the sound insulation better than the F30!!

tortoise;845400 said:
PML tech reply is lagi better, 3 and 5 series are sporty, sound insulation not so good, sporty ma.

U wan quiet, should have chosen 7 series.

I went on to show him what F up wind noise is, and he kept quiet and logged in the problem.

This is lagi WTF!!! hahahahhaa

The answer they gave me lagi WTF!!! They say "yah agree the insulation very poor, dunno why like that lei" full stop!!!! No solution offered!!!!

Does any bro here know if loaners can be driven into Malaysia? Insurance covered?

I'm not entirely surprised. The 3er and 1er are made in South Africa and it's known first few batches might have some small issues.

As long as the car is not breakin down, I would live with some noise and get it fixed a little later on once they know where all the common issues are. Let somebody else be the scapegoat.

Last edited by a moderator:

detach8;845955 said:
I'm not entirely surprised. The 3er and 1er are made in South Africa and it's known first few batches might have some small issues.

As long as the car is not breakin down, I would live with some noise and get it fixed a little later on once they know where all the common issues are. Let somebody else be the scapegoat.

Is the wind noise inherent on the 320 only or on 328 and 335 as well?
fhe 320 sports was noisy when it hit the AYE after a short drive . The tire noise was very bad. But seems the 328 was a tad quiet without wind noise.

Growler;845939 said:
Does any bro here know if loaners can be driven into Malaysia? Insurance covered?

Hey bro, loan cars are not allowed to be driven into Malaysia. Applies to all ADs.

tomcat;845985 said:
fhe 320 sports was noisy when it hit the AYE after a short drive . The tire noise was very bad. But seems the 328 was a tad quiet without wind noise.

Sound insulation problem has it got to do with the batches and place of manufacture? I am asking because the initial batch was from Germany and the new batch from South Africa. I test drive 328i back in Mar'12 and the sound proofing seems ok.

Growler;845938 said:
The answer they gave me lagi WTF!!! They say "yah agree the insulation very poor, dunno why like that lei" full stop!!!! No solution offered!!!!

i fail to see why pml must provide a solution for poor insulation. this is not a defect.

if we are reasonable with our expectactions... life will be more pleasant

Well for a $210K car with a $50K margin going to BMW Asia + PML (don't know and don't care how they split it) I think these expectations are reasonable. Like I said I was testing the 2012 A4, and right away after that I went to PML and tested the F30 320i. The difference was *really* obvious.

Not so much of road noise (partially blame the run flats there) but the wind and especially the engine noise was apparent. The 1.8T engine in the Audi was so much smoother. It is a pity the A4 1.8T is a FWD. If they offered the 1.8T with Quattro I would have gone with the A4.

The rear doors on the F30 were also noticeably lighter and did not close with a firm thud that my old E90 320i did. IMHO the entire fit an finish of the F30 is a disappointment. The *only* improvement was the engine (over the N46 in the 320i) and the iDrive. For 328i I think the old N52 engines were better. I'm not too optimistic about the reliability of forced-induction engine and the type of service intervals we are recommended by BMW given the historical sludge problems when BMW said it was OK to do an oil change every 25,000km on the E90s.

If you have read another thread where I gave my feedback during the initial launch of the F30, you will know why I went for the F10 instead. If given a choice and not for the completely f**ked up prices of the second hand market right now I will gladly buy an E90 323i or 325i instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Servicing interval is now at 12,000km or 2 years.. :thinking:

Growler;845933 said:
Bro tortoise mine sent in today, gave me loaner : (

Spoke to service manager abt upgrade as well if the issues persists!! Even my friends Suzuki swift the sound insulation better than the F30!!

Funny they din even bother to call me, or prob give others a loaner first whahahhaaa wat did they got u btw?

Sound insulation machiam Cherry QQ whahahhahaaa

Growler;845938 said:

They shld advertise this: - We shaved off all weight for the F30 to bring u the Ultimate Performance drive! Feel second to an Atom!!! whahahahhahahahaaaa :boring::boring::boring:

Growler;845939 said:

Normally not covered unless u advise them, and some clauses have stated that should something happened elsewhere in Sg, you have to pay a premium for the damages. Their insurances for such loaners are extremely high btw.

tomcat;845985 said:

Wind noise etc is heng suay, some din face it with the test drive car but got it on our own.

The tyres r naturally noisy cos most using run flats nowadays

arowana1;846060 said:
i fail to see why pml must provide a solution for poor insulation. this is not a defect.

if we are reasonable with our expectactions... life will be more pleasant

One does have expectations with certain makes and models. Do u expect a Mercedes to have poor sound insulation as well?

It boils down to the branding of cos. No one will expect a Honda FD2R to be quiet, likewise a Evo or GTR. But if an Audi or Bimmer gonna be poor on insulation unless otherwise stated, thats a big hoo haa.

kon;846163 said:
Servicing interval is now at 12,000km or 2 years.. :thinking:

thats crap for the TC engine, and is already pushing the limit for my NA engine! I would highly recommend doing oil changes at 6-8k intervals.

Bro detach8 and bro tortoise, thanks for putting things into perspective

Me too felt my expectations of the car were reasonable : )

Cheers guys!

tortoise;846610 said:
One does have expectations with certain makes and models. Do u expect a Mercedes to have poor sound insulation as well?

It boils down to the branding of cos. No one will expect a Honda FD2R to be quiet, likewise a Evo or GTR. But if an Audi or Bimmer gonna be poor on insulation unless otherwise stated, thats a big hoo haa.

I'm willing to bet the GTR is better sound insulated. I don't have doubt about high end Japanese cars. My old Latio was very good for a $14k omv car.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88compink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back