F30 Teething Problems

Re: F30 Teething Problems

Growler;845933 said:
Bro tortoise mine sent in today, gave me loaner : (

Spoke to service manager abt upgrade as well if the issues persists!! Even my friends Suzuki swift the sound insulation better than the F30!!

When I went for the Passionwins thingy, the insulation was great. That's why I'm sold. But Im waiting for all these teething issues to be sorted out before I make the jump. Another consideration is the f10 520. I'm driving a Merc now and I must say, though the drive is definitely less sporty than a Beemer, the merc is definitely a quiet cruiser.......

Mentholatum;846784 said:
When I went for the Passionwins thingy, the insulation was great. That's why I'm sold. But Im waiting for all these teething issues to be sorted out before I make the jump. Another consideration is the f10 520. I'm driving a Merc now and I must say, though the drive is definitely less sporty than a Beemer, the merc is definitely a quiet cruiser.......

Yup I have a c class at home also and it's sound proofing is so much better . My previous Audi also decently insulated

Try changing out the run flat tyres?? They are really much noisier as well.

Growler;845938 said:
The answer they gave me lagi WTF!!! They say "yah agree the insulation very poor, dunno why like that lei" full stop!!!! No solution offered!!!!

any rough idea to top up for an upgrade ah haha...i might ask the same.....given if the wiper unit problem has been solved and if any other future problems arise within the next month or 2

Actually it's not true, the newer gen RFTs are great. I was running the Pirelli P7s and they were very silent

Growler;846760 said:
Bro detach8 and bro tortoise, thanks for putting things into perspective

Me too felt my expectations of the car were reasonable : )

Cheers guys!

Of cos its reasonable, the insulation was even poorer than my previous Vw GTI MK5 and the EOS!!! :D:D:D

Anybody's f30 is facing retardation at low speeds? Sometimes I feel is really irksome when I'm turning around the carpark or leaving carpark. Feels the car retarding at low speeds when you tap accelerator and brake here and there. Or is it just the brake regeneration thing....

creampuff;851992 said:
Anybody's f30 is facing retardation at low speeds? Sometimes I feel is really irksome when I'm turning around the carpark or leaving carpark. Feels the car retarding at low speeds when you tap accelerator and brake here and there. Or is it just the brake regeneration thing....

Yeah, it's the efficient dynamics thing working.....

creampuff;851992 said:

the efficiency shitto thingy, on comfort mode usually and u wun wanna go thru a faster corner cos the accelerator is retarded hahahaha sports is better but sometimes too sensitive.

Eco Pro is the worst, I only use it during traffic jams whahahahhaaa

I usually start using comfort leh but like retarded I've driven other underpowered and other guys but not really the retardation sigh

Comfort mode or sports mode doesn't affect the brake regeneration thingy...

Whenever you brake, and when u release the brake already, the brake regeneration thingy can still come in, causing the braking effect to still come in (when you do not want it already).

Either I've gotten used to the car, or the effect is less pronounce now... I remember it was very irritating initially... My frens Audis are really really irritating...

Hi!
Collected my 320i 3 weeks ago.
So far so good except for the contactless boot, sometimes doent work.
Anyone here facing the same problem?

BER simply toggles the clutch for the alternator. What you guys are feeling is the engine brake. Jap cars disengage TC lockup when you let your foot off the gas to let the car coast for fuel economy. Conti cars will maintain the TC lockup to allow engine brake to work.

detach8;855167 said:
BER simply toggles the clutch for the alternator. What you guys are feeling is the engine brake. Jap cars disengage TC lockup when you let your foot off the gas to let the car coast for fuel economy. Conti cars will maintain the TC lockup to allow engine brake to work.

Then why does it always kick in when the blue bar go to efficient dynamics? If talking about engine brake, it should be felt the moment the gas is released... Not intensify after sometime leh..

I'm sure the alternator does create some drag on the engine, but is it really that bad? My F10 has it, does not seem annoying.

Update :

Complained about the noise and other teething problems in first post, and spongey brakes as well. SE was kind enough to insist on a loaner car for me given my long loyalty record. Not bad, got an X1 to drive for a few days.

Fixed the foot-well light (loose connector). Initially technician said F30 onwards, no more footwell light for driver side(lights out for drivers!!???). They also bled the brakes and replaced the fluid. Now the brakes are more "Jiak".
As for the noise, I think spending many years in workshops have made them hard of hearing. They can't hear the whirling sound when the car is stationery or coasting at low speeds. Must understand they spend moe time outside the car than inside listening to Vivaldi. If it's too silent, somethin's wrong!

However, they were honest to admit that there have been lots of complaints on the sound insulation. Even showed me their emails with their German counterparts, who affirmed that the diesel sounding engine is characteristic of the N20. However, they were not convinced of the poor insulation (stuck at denial stage).

You guys need to keep complaining till it is a statistic they can't ignore. SA assured me that should they fix the insulation, earlier F30s would have the fix too. Please unleash those complaints else nothing is done! Meanwhile, have to turn the stereo a little louder. (now thinking of changing to better speakers rather than sound proofing material).

As far as I'm conerned, quite convinced they did all they could. (At least no one told me to buy an F10 or sell it and get a Lexus!)

btw, after 3 weeks, mastered the delicate art of "crouching-leg-swipe-open-boot" pugilistic technique. Works all the time now. Trick is in making swift and quick motions (make sure you take deep breaths and maintain internal pressure and say "Herk! Hwak!). No need to go deep under the car.

Just sharing with my bimmer bros....Cheers!

Hahaha ...

like your

"crouching-leg-swipe-open-boot"

bimmerman;855259 said:
Update :

Complained about the noise and other teething problems in first post, and spongey brakes as well. SE was kind enough to insist on a loaner car for me given my long loyalty record. Not bad, got an X1 to drive for a few days.

Fixed the foot-well light (loose connector). Initially technician said F30 onwards, no more footwell light for driver side(lights out for drivers!!???). They also bled the brakes and replaced the fluid. Now the brakes are more "Jiak".
As for the noise, I think spending many years in workshops have made them hard of hearing. They can't hear the whirling sound when the car is stationery or coasting at low speeds. Must understand they spend moe time outside the car than inside listening to Vivaldi. If it's too silent, somethin's wrong!

However, they were honest to admit that there have been lots of complaints on the sound insulation. Even showed me their emails with their German counterparts, who affirmed that the diesel sounding engine is characteristic of the N20. However, they were not convinced of the poor insulation (stuck at denial stage).

You guys need to keep complaining till it is a statistic they can't ignore. SA assured me that should they fix the insulation, earlier F30s would have the fix too. Please unleash those complaints else nothing is done! Meanwhile, have to turn the stereo a little louder. (now thinking of changing to better speakers rather than sound proofing material).

As far as I'm conerned, quite convinced they did all they could. (At least no one told me to buy an F10 or sell it and get a Lexus!)

btw, after 3 weeks, mastered the delicate art of "crouching-leg-swipe-open-boot" pugilistic technique. Works all the time now. Trick is in making swift and quick motions (make sure you take deep breaths and maintain internal pressure and say "Herk! Hwak!). No need to go deep under the car.

Just sharing with my bimmer bros....Cheers!

Bro bimmerman, I dun believe they will do anything for the sound insulation, we'll have to live with it lor : (

I've given up complaining, just enjoy the ride with loud music blasting!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fc777comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back