F30 Teething Problems

Bro thekop5, you have wind noises coming thru very loud as well? Have you logged this issue on yr ride with PML yet?

Seraphblade;862413 said:
The only problem I have with the noise is during cold start... sounds really like a diesel engine... Some ppl attribute this to possible piston slap, or direct injection forcing a over rich mixture to have very hot EGT to light up the cat converter for lower emissions...

I am accepting the noise in the cabin, but for a top end "luxury" model, there shld really be no wind noise (esp when the CD is only 0.29, meaning there shld be very little turbulence or watever). So the solution i found, was to accelerate more =)

The lexus (of coz) and the old 3 series are much quieter.

I guess 4-cylinder engines are like that especially with direct injection. That's part of the reason I decided on a 6-cylinder F10 523i.

tortoise;862514 said:
insulation problem appear to be random. Test drive cars seem to be ok tho, thats why when we sent our rides in for insulation checks, PML acknowledged such problems cos there's a diff!

MK5 GTI insulation sucks of cos, my wife had that and it was worse than my EOS hahahahahhaaa but a decent 2.0T and one of the hottest hatch around :thumbsup:

I agree. I liked the GTI. Really exhilarating drive and good balance of power, great cornering, yet relatively comfortable.

wt_know;862521 said:
bmw sound proofing was never great

Just read not too long ago that BMW is tying up with Toyota. Hope they will learn a thing or two from Toyota on what good insulation is. I've sat in Camrys and even Alphards driven as airport limousines in places like Bangkok and KL, and I must say I'm very impressed with the quiet ride, especially on the Alphard.

Re: F30 Teething Problems

Growler;863358 said:
Bro thekop5, you have wind noises coming thru very loud as well? Have you logged this issue on yr ride with PML yet?

I hear some wind noise from side windows at around 100kmh. My car stil under run-in will try to go NSHW to see if they are obvious. If unbearable then I'll make an official complain.

Mine the wind noise on drivers side starts at abt 90km/hr, logged problem with PML Liao, awaiting fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theres no magic to soundproofing. It simply adds weight to the car. How do you think BMW shaved off 100+kg from the E90? Go close an E90 door and you will know :)

thekop5;863352 said:
Let's hope that BMW Asia able to solve the side windows noise soon.

Maybe they will ask u to unwind window to enjoy fresh air or wait for the cabrio version whahahahhahaaaa :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

clamsgp;863371 said:
Just read not too long ago that BMW is tying up with Toyota. Hope they will learn a thing or two from Toyota on what good insulation is. I've sat in Camrys and even Alphards driven as airport limousines in places like Bangkok and KL, and I must say I'm very impressed with the quiet ride, especially on the Alphard.

I have a RX450H and frankly, the 3 or 5 series is not close to its silent ride, and thats a SUV??!!!! Toyota can definitely teach BMW on how to do up a performance ride that has proper insulation hahahahhaa :lol::lol:

Alphard is good! I used the company Alphard V6 up to KL with my family and its awesome, great when u wanna stretch ur legs, buy ur stuff and best, ease of entry and good Fc. Few conti MPVs come even close! :dance:

thekop5;863478 said:
I hear some wind noise from side windows at around 100kmh. My car stil under run-in will try to go NSHW to see if they are obvious. If unbearable then I'll make an official complain.

If urs had wind noise from 100km/h, try 160 onwards, u might wanna kill urself hahahahhaa I've tried up to 200+ and frankly I tot I was driving a China-made car with proper conti handling specs hahahahahhahaa :lol::lol::lol:

Growler;863551 said:
Mine the wind noise on drivers side starts at abt 90km/hr, logged problem with PML Liao, awaiting fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their fix was to inform me "its like that one, even the 5 series also. Why dun u consider the quiet 7 series?"

That my frens, is simply LAME :nutkick::nutkick:

detach8;863677 said:
Theres no magic to soundproofing. It simply adds weight to the car. How do you think BMW shaved off 100+kg from the E90? Go close an E90 door and you will know :)

Then potential buyers for F80 M3 better be careful, they might use plastic windows, consolation is the new M3 might still have the carbon roof and the bonnet hump kekekekeke :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am not surprised if they started developing a lightweight alternative to glass. It's already done with our headlamps :)

Growler;864009 said:
Ask them to change the seal kit bro, think its worth a try : )

Yeah prob my next week hahahhaa for now I'm scared of the X1, maybe when I go on hols and just leave car there hahahahhaaa btw, the sunroof also have wind noise (esp more if u open the cover) hahahahhaaa :lol::lol::lol:

Hahaha! Mine they say they ordered seal kit for me Liao, when it's gonna come I dunno

X1 here I come again hahaha!

Agree on wind noises coming thru sunroof, though me still more concerned with drivers window lor : (

Growler;864238 said:
Hahaha! Mine they say they ordered seal kit for me Liao, when it's gonna come I dunno

X1 here I come again hahaha!

Agree on wind noises coming thru sunroof, though me still more concerned with drivers window lor : (

Then I go round 2 complain on the seals whahahhahaaa :laughing::laughing::laughing:

You guys are getting X1 as courtesy car... Is that standard for PML or juz for owners of certain model?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88compink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back