Farrer Road Flyover Death trap

Red_Bean_Bun

Heads up to all - I have seen accidents there an average of about once a week.
From minor ones to major car pile ups with injuries.

And its always at the same section and lane in the same direction.

I had a look at the flyover at that spot and I found a series of metal grills
to evacuate water. I have at one time almost suffered the same fate but my
CSC5P held it together. And I was travelling at 70kmh.

I have gone to the LTA and my MP. 2 years and hundreds of accidents later -

NO ACTION.

The best I could do is to warn all the guys here ..... be careful when you use
this flyover in the direction of Holland Road (Downwards).

The red line marks the area where it has occured for the last 2 years.

Re: Farrer Road Flyover Death trap

Lane 1 (right most)

Thanks TS for the update. Personally I've encountered near skid as well due to the metal grill on the right hand side... AWD held my ride together. :)

I travel this route everyday when gg home..never seen what u described...will keep a lookout.
Thanks for the heads up!

Wishing all here a happy Chinese New Year!

Especially if you go down the slope with slight bend to the right..
I try to keep slightly left but within the lane to avoid it.

Dun know there is so much accident there..

The sound of the accidents wakes the whole area up ....... ususally the vehicle would screech for 3 secs then ram into the wall ... bounce off followed by a skid or spin. Then another vehicle or 2 would finish it off by ramming into the first vehicle.

Those gahmen agencies ...... did nothing. Quite sickening sometimes when I see the TP come to clean up the mess. Shouted at the driver. Scold him why speeding. Driver said he did not speed. TP said cannot be ...... no reason why he can lose control if below speed limit there. Arguments between TP and driver quite loud. And those living near that area can hear clearly.

hmm...I travel this direction every morning after alighting my daughters for school, on the right lane too! Gotta look out for this! Tks for the headsup!

View attachment 47217

I went to Google map and locate the exact place Red Bean Bun has described.... and actually found that there are skid and scratched marks on the wall....

Same here, I travel there quite often and by virtue of the downslope, my speed can be quite fast at times....scary!!

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Gong Xi Fai Cai!!

And that's why Eco Pro mode with max fuel saving settings dialed in, no air-con and windows down (for max visibility) is the best mode for driving on Singapore roads. HUAT ah! :lol2:

So far no bmw kena ....... Huat ah!

wobbles;955188 said:
And that's why Eco Pro mode with max fuel saving settings dialed in, no air-con and windows down (for max visibility) is the best mode for driving on Singapore roads. HUAT ah! :lol2:

a few time i travelled there, when i saw those drainage holes, i switched lane.

cos i scare my rim crack due to the shock, and dont like that dropping feeling

this route is my daily commute route and I agree with potential grip issue and losing control of car. so drive carefully out there

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Bean_Bun;955191 said:
So far no bmw kena ....... Huat ah!

Thanks for the heads up. Will be careful on flyovers, especially this one.
The DSC feature on our BMWs can be a life saver. There were a couple of occasions when I drove past puddles of water and wheels from one side of my car aquaplaned. The DSC activated and kept my car on the right direction.

I drove over those metal grills many times....
I realized if keep within 70km/h car still able to keep under control,
and if above 70, it's quite scary, car bounced hard and tends to veer left going into the other lane.

I will definitely avoid those metal drain covers, u never know when ur tires will give way or lose grip.

Rainy season means even worst. Most the accidents happen when it rains.

The most ironical accident was when the TP setup a road block at the end of the flyover - the guy braked and lost control when he approached the road block.

blackyM;955399 said:
I drove over those metal grills many times....
I realized if keep within 70km/h car still able to keep under control,
and if above 70, it's quite scary, car bounced hard and tends to veer left going into the other lane.

I will definitely avoid those metal drain covers, u never know when ur tires will give way or lose grip.

Thanks for the reminder. Btw, that is also the speed trap zone. Just keep a watch on your speed. There are eyes on the bridge.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
500aeesite

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back