Farrer Road Flyover Death trap

Re: Farrer Road Flyover Death trap

this route is my daily commute and i by second nature stay clear of the gratings which means driving very close to left lane marker... if one pushes the speed a "bit".. chances are that he/she will breached the gratings..
i am not surprised for those who are not familiar with this route to have been caught by surprise.. they might have felt the car tram line and while trying to counter steer and over corrected ..bang! bang ! left ..right
.. left right.

one thing i do not understand is why LTA can't just use corner edge drainage cover against the wall, just like those along the same road further up near the Japanese assoc areas..
i suspect they might have wrongly design the draining pipe location therefore the need to lay grilles on the main drive way..

If the road are not safe, how safe can be the driver be?

I travelled via there every Sunday morning to visit my relatives, will slow down when approaching this area... being aware of the risk and take precaution which is better than cure.. paiseh my two cents

Good advice ....

isiowsg;986922 said:
I travelled via there every Sunday morning to visit my relatives, will slow down when approaching this area... being aware of the risk and take precaution which is better than cure.. paiseh my two cents

Latest fatality ........ last week motorcyclist flew from one side of the flyover to the opposite side. Blood all over and the railings bent till today. The injured guy's wailing was heard all around the vicinity ...... that flyover is jinxed.

Red_Bean_Bun;995660 said:
Latest fatality ........ last week motorcyclist flew from one side of the flyover to the opposite side. Blood all over and the railings bent till today. The injured guy's wailing was heard all around the vicinity ...... that flyover is jinxed.

that's horrible.....

thanks RBB! never thought seriously of those grilles til i read this.
will travel middle lane from now and go slower

RBB, would you conisder collating photo evidence of accidents and present it to LTA to jusify an improvement of road safer along that stretch?

LTA will reply " You are your own chairman to decide your safety".. just my two cents opinion.

Hi TS,

I am sure we can do something about this. Can you gather all the pictures you took and the incidents dates that you have? PM Me. I am willing to try my best to help with my guan xi. Hopefully we can sort this out soonest.

Bags4queen;1079204 said:
Hi TS,

I am sure we can do something about this. Can you gather all the pictures you took and the incidents dates that you have? PM Me. I am willing to try my best to help with my guan xi. Hopefully we can sort this out soonest.

Wow... are you from LTA? I have another problematic area to highlight. Hope you can help too!

One thing unusual in this section of the road is that the drop inlet is on the right instead of the left in the direction of travel. Due to the tranverse surface sloping down towards the right instead of the left, the car will veer to the right if the set up of the car is lower on driver's side. We either have to slow down or keep steering wheel slightly left to compensate for it.

Pls follow the (very low) speed limits driving there...

It happens even under speed limits ......

Bags4queen - Will try to PM you the pics ......

I drive this stretch to work everyday and I go around this flyover pretty fast (traffic permitting).

All I can say is that this road is fine, albeit narrower than regular roads... it's been narrow anyway all the way from Thompson anyway.

I don't have a problem with the drainage. My car can drive within the lane without going over the drainage covers.

I don't think the problem is the drainage covers either. I think this road is just narrow and does not have sufficient recovery space.

I have seen MANY drivers who can't keep in the f---ing lane especially the entire stretch from Thompson coming down. If my big fat car can stay in the lane, so should you.

I think people who crashed likely were either: -
1. Avoiding another motherf--ker who can't keep their lane (very common, especially Taxis; they like to cup corner and drive f---ing fast but cannot keep in their damn lanes)
2. Going too fast and braking on a wet road while going over these (slippery) drainage covers
3. Poor tyres, or simply don't know how to drive

Last edited by a moderator:

i live very near this flyover. super fun flying up and down at lets say good speeds. if u get the right line from lornie towards holland road…..its awesome.

totoseow;1079537 said:
i live very near this flyover. super fun flying up and down at lets say good speeds. if u get the right line from lornie towards holland road…..its awesome.

i also stay near this flyover, will take this flyover when i am going to holland v, after reading this thread i do start to notice the drain covers. I will definitely take note and be careful.

The last accident a couple of weeks ago had kids involved ....... Horrible sight ....

totoseow;1079537 said:

roger that

seanskye;1079274 said:
Wow... are you from LTA? I have another problematic area to highlight. Hope you can help too!

Pm what you have. I need supporting documents. I see what i can do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mb66pcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back