Farrer Road Flyover Death trap

Re: Farrer Road Flyover Death trap

Oilman;984599 said:
Noob question: why do they need to drain water off a downslope? Why not just at the bottom of the flyover?

Cos then the crashes would be more horrific at the end of the slope.

Oilman;984599 said:
Noob question: why do they need to drain water off a downslope? Why not just at the bottom of the flyover?

then threadstarter will complain his condo ponding

537889_10151408001707934_6847736_n.jpg

drove pass before afew times..never noticed this before..thanks for the headsup..i just looked at google maps..wow..at least 10 accident markings on the wall on both sides..crazy..and yes the design does look very stupid aswell..i think i never noticed anything wrong before because i would usually avoid driving over those drains..

totoseow;984593 said:
i think our roads r becoming very poorly maintained in some areas. going down hill. go check out alexandra road from havelock to the front of C&C. try driving at 80kmh any lanes.

Ya +1. Right after Delta junction I will avoid first lane because it's like small mountains all the way. Then after a while the second lane's drain covers are like small hills. And somewhere in the middle the 3rd lane is the one.

I think for people who are not familiar and chiong that stretch, sure ganna stunt car flying lol

C3P0;984787 said:
Ya +1. Right after Delta junction I will avoid first lane because it's like small mountains all the way. Then after a while the second lane's drain covers are like small hills. And somewhere in the middle the 3rd lane is the one.

I think for people who are not familiar and chiong that stretch, sure ganna stunt car flying lol

brobot... is that one of your 'run lion' routes you take 菜 on the way home??? you not sked your 'sister' jealous?

jasonmaxima;984813 said:
brobot... is that one of your 'run lion' routes you take 菜 on the way home??? you not sked your 'sister' jealous?

pmed u. can u check pls

Basket. No wonder Brobot can spy on me at Delta Sports Hall... Himself running lion.

jasonmaxima;984813 said:
Run your lion head. The Cai is my sister ok. Swee bo? Robot got taste ok.

wobbles;984816 said:
Basket. No wonder Brobot can spy on me at Delta Sports Hall... Himself running lion.
When u going again? I long time never put summon.

C3P0;984825 said:
Run your lion head. The Cai is my sister ok. Swee bo? Robot got taste ok.

Cai is your sister?? may you stay in an infinite loop of 'committing adultery'

I bro... I never pichar your lobang

jasonmaxima;984826 said:
Cai is your sister?? may you stay in an infinite loop of 'committing adultery'

I bro... I never pichar your lobang

I also saw your AMG driven by a lady along the same road. You let your lion drive your wagon?

Sorry OT, jason's fault.

Let's be careful and drive slow on the flyover.

C3P0;984837 said:
I also saw your AMG driven by a lady along the same road. You let your lion drive your wagon?

I also saw Jason's AMG recently! The AMG was behind my CB, and I actually wanted to turn on my wiper & washer to say "hello". Lucky I never - because the driver was his lioness! Heng ah. Otherwise, Maximizer will have to explain to her just exactly what kind of friends he has been keeping for company....

wobbles;984841 said:
I also saw Jason's AMG recently! The AMG was behind my CB, and I actually wanted to turn on my wiper & washer to say "hello". Lucky I never - because the driver was his lioness! Heng ah. Otherwise, Maximizer will have to explain to her just exactly what kind of friends he has been keeping for company....

If he had his onboard camera then he could have stomped you if his lioness complained abt some inconsiderate unker splashing her just washed amg. Then we all get chance to buy ypur vrm for 4d.

Meek;984926 said:
If he had his onboard camera then he could have stomped you if his lioness complained abt some inconsiderate unker splashing her just washed amg. Then we all get chance to buy ypur vrm for 4d.

My number is 1824....

jasonmaxima;985162 said:
pls dun make me go hang a pig's head on brobot's front gate.....
Only one person has his own front gate. And his own aquarium. And his own swimming pool. And his own airport. And the list goes on and on......

C3P0;985188 said:
Only one person has his own front gate. And his own aquarium. And his own swimming pool. And his own airport. And the list goes on and on......

Wahahaha... you talking about hitmee again?

[video=youtube;Jl5M0uUtQZo]http://youtu.be/Jl5M0uUtQZo[/video]

here's a video of the stretch of farrer road flyover where the metal gratings are.
at about 7 seconds into the video, once can see the markings on the wall as well as further down (at about 10 seconds).
From the video, you can see the honda in front of me managed to stay clear off the gratings just by simply driving in the middle of the lane.
Personally, I feel it boils down to one's own driving habit/style. If one tends to drive nearer to the right side of the lane, then it's safer to stay clear of the right lane of this road since chances of getting on the gratings are much higher.

Farrer Road Flyover Death trap

Agreed. The challenge comes in the night or when visibility is limited.

Or go for driving course to handle this.

lim_ck;986489 said:
[video=youtube;Jl5M0uUtQZo]http://youtu.be/Jl5M0uUtQZo[/video]

here's a video of the stretch of farrer road flyover where the metal gratings are.
at about 7 seconds into the video, once can see the markings on the wall as well as further down (at about 10 seconds).
From the video, you can see the honda in front of me managed to stay clear off the gratings just by simply driving in the middle of the lane.
Personally, I feel it boils down to one's own driving habit/style. If one tends to drive nearer to the right side of the lane, then it's safer to stay clear of the right lane of this road since chances of getting on the gratings are much higher.

If it's at night or the visibility is limited, then you're supposed to be driving carefully anyway. Not to mention that there are warning markings on the road that say 'SLOW'. Ultimately, it's personal responsibility. Many of us here on the forum enjoy speed - hey, frankly I drive over this flyover often and frequently gun my engine on the way UP - but you only have yourself to blame if you take it to unsafe levels.

I look at the cars move and suddenly lost control before. They were not driving fast .....

yellowhandman;986499 said:
If it's at night or the visibility is limited, then you're supposed to be driving carefully anyway. Not to mention that there are warning markings on the road that say 'SLOW'. Ultimately, it's personal responsibility. Many of us here on the forum enjoy speed - hey, frankly I drive over this flyover often and frequently gun my engine on the way UP - but you only have yourself to blame if you take it to unsafe levels.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
500aeesite

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back