Farrer Road Flyover Death trap

Re: Farrer Road Flyover Death trap

Who is your MP? Write something on his Facebook wall.

No wonder the bridge was blocked off

Both accidents had the USUAL tyre screeching then silence (sometimes if I happen to be at my window and I hear the screech - I can catch glimpse of the car like its doing ballet on stage) followed by the bang (metal on wall - deeper tone).

Sometimes you get a few more bangs (metal to metal as in cars crashing into that car - higher tone). Normally you would see the car facing the opposit direction in the end. I experienced it personally as well ....... But I managed to control my car.

To answer your question - yes. The metal grills because the screeching alludes to a lost of traction. And being that rubber has bad traction on metal and in this case strips of metal (contact patch of tire is not full) arranged in the same direction as the vehicle's travel route on .... Next to the divider - And that the cars always seems to end up hitting the divider ..... It points to those grills.

End of the day ...... Look at the number of accidents at that spot since I started the post ....... And it just keeps happening.

pengful;984476 said:
You sure the accident was caused by the grilles-drain covers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Both accidents had the USUAL tyre screeching then silence followed by the bang. Normally you would see the car facing the opposit direction in the end. I experienced it personally as well ....... But I managed to control my car.

End of the day ...... Look at the number of accidents at that spot since I started the post ....... And it just keeps happening.

pengful;984476 said:
You sure the accident was caused by the grilles-drain covers?

Chris de Sousa. Went there done that.

Went to LTA. Been there done that.

It has been 2 years. Still like that.

Some survived .... Some died. Other have their cars scrapped.

If can .... avoid that area or just always use the middle lane.

Doesn't help that the police like to also have a police stop at the end of the flyover often. Make more accidents since people cannot see the police on the other end and panics when they see the flashing lights. And since its going down maybe will kena for speeding unless you brake all the way down.

Oilman;984468 said:
Who is your MP? Write something on his Facebook wall.

got injury latest case. female. chio. car bounced from right to left. but was wet roads.

now i know where u stay. lutheran.

now that i am in front of a computer...

I also have to agree whoever drew up the lanes for that road is an idiot...

Had previously driven on that lane, as usual was going slow and just coasting, but feared for the life of my rims.
I'd imagine if anyone had a heavy foot there and one side loses traction, sliding into the center divider wouldn't be too difficult. Or anyone breaking hard without traction control would also probably vear towards the left hard.

At least replace those metal grilles with those asphalt coated covers.

no man..the lanes r fine. its super good to drive down. its THOSE right lane metal grills. but then again...if u dun speed u dont mess up.

totoseow;984581 said:
no man..the lanes r fine. its super good to drive down. its THOSE right lane metal grills. but then again...if u dun speed u dont mess up.

I bet thats wat LTA is thinking as well....

after u come down from flyover...towards holland on the left lanes....the drain covers r all popping as well. u run over them u can hear the crashing sound. one day its gonna give way.....or fly up.

i think our roads r becoming very poorly maintained in some areas. going down hill. go check out alexandra road from havelock to the front of C&C. try driving at 80kmh any lanes.

totoseow;984593 said:
i think our roads r becoming very poorly maintained in some areas. going down hill. go check out alexandra road from havelock to the front of C&C. try driving at 80kmh any lanes.

This is true... The best road now is kallang carpark...

totoseow;984593 said:
...i think our roads r becoming very poorly maintained in some areas. .

Our Sg roads are World Class Standard ok..GET LOST LA!

Noob question: why do they need to drain water off a downslope? Why not just at the bottom of the flyover?

Mockngbrd;984594 said:
This is true... The best road now is kallang carpark...

ya every mth end fast n furious. next meet up i bring thumb tacks n nails.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mb66pcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back