• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Re: Feedback : Bad Buyers

collin;437580 said:
Wilman, I guess you can wait til July 09. Anyway, BFD, please make payment first,
Case close lor. Satay on me. Cheers.:yummie:

Thks bro collin for mediation. I personally think this is the best way putting my shoe as the seller.

However I sorry and will beg to differ for this case. I know I'm beating the odds cos many ppl are supporting him in this forum and it may due to many happy dealings in the past. Sadly not for my case. U guys may not undertand how it felt to receive remarks of " i not born ytd, rubbish la, excuses la" even after many apologies. explaining my situation and promise to get from him but in july. I think giving excuses and back out from sales is totally different with the buyer having prob but will still buy and honour the sale on a later date. I'll be honest and say that i will compromise to pay if he requested deposit or even for the bar first excluding installation but definitely not when he shut me off totally and and keep ranting. I'm a salesman myself and I dun go ard telling ppl off like the way he did without understanding the situation if he is genuine or playing punk.

I dare to say I have no prob in buying stuffs on forums for all my previous rides till date except for this. Happy buyer, happy seller whichever the case.

When things turns out ugly, I dun see a reason of dealing with him. Even if his price may be cheaper, I think I'm a happier person dealing with others.

TripleM;437645 said:
I m always steady n u never call me bro, call me frogface some more, nnb...

Agreed with gabey's post. Keep the whole thing simple...

BFD
And a word of advice to you ....if u ever want to mod to after mkt parts, u should know well by now that the Authorized Dealer will blatantly tell you warranty will be void..
Happens to all other cars very much too..

Key to life....
Fear of warranty issue ?, dont even bother thinking of modding in the first place...

For my other makes, I will and have done most mod irregardless of the warranty, maybe cheaper rides and thus translate to cheaper repairs if realli void warranty. However, I will still try to stay clear on mod affecting engine. In fact, I will definitely reason out with dealers if such mods affects such probs or not. To cut it short, they can only void certain parts related to my mods and not the void the entire warranty. Needless to say, swaybars have got nothing to do with engine but with pml strict warranty issue and recurrent engine issue, I will not meddle with them as yet.

sszone;437568 said:
chill Wilman, as sellers we all have our share of unhappy experiences with buyers but most are still good folks.
anyway, Bro BFD is a nice fella.....i think its the case of SA scaring him with some shitty warranty void story.....keke

I must thank bro sszone on vouching for me. In honest return, I must say he sell his stuff at very reasonable price with tip-top serive(help to install without additional charge). Btw, my credibilty in this forum is still low due to new ride and not much mod as yet..

i think at the end of the day...if all buyers behave in this manner? resellers hv to close shop. there is a saying...my word is my bond. in fact there r many sayings in many languages...haha. buay steady remains my favourite.

last time hor...my colleague make his gf pregnant...after that he say he marry her...then hor after that he say he cannot marry her, cos simi he think he is gay la...he wanna be a monk la. all very good excuse. but then hor she still pregnant leh. dun change the fact right? i say my colleague buay steady.

bfd;437687 said:
However I sorry and will beg to differ for this case. I know I'm beating the odds cos many ppl are supporting him in this forum and it may due to many happy dealings in the past. Sadly not for my case.

Sorry, it's not a case of who has a bigger e-following, but matter of buyer-seller principles.

The vendor took your word as gold and ordered the sway bar w/o any deposit from you. I'm sure as a salesman yourself, you should understand the trust needed for a vendor to do that. IMHO, he has every right to get angry at you. Maybe he was a bit harsh, but he is not obligated to understand your predicament.

Agree!

I am pretty new and have yet to buy anything from the vendors in this forum. Thus not everyone seems to be siding the vendors just because they may had earlier dealings with them. So what other reason is there for me to side with the vendors?

marklee;437694 said:
Sorry, it's not a case of who has a bigger e-following, but matter of buyer-seller principles.

The vendor took your word as gold and ordered the sway bar w/o any deposit from you. I'm sure as a salesman yourself, you should understand the trust needed for a vendor to do that. IMHO, he has every right to get angry at you. Maybe he was a bit harsh, but he is not obligated to understand your predicament.

Like what I said earlier, a simple phone call from either party would have avoided this 'misunderstanding'. The moment I started reading this thread I immediately knew what the problem was...SMS. I experienced this many many times with good frens in the forum n in the end got 'heart' problem

I dun knw who BFD is but I would also be abit tulan to recieve tat sms statement but in the end, I also have to agree that goods arrive liao after confirmation then must honour, pay now n install later or sell off...

it's not a matter of taking sides.

it's a matter of principles and integrity.

Ah Lian;437698 said:
Agree!

I am pretty new and have yet to buy anything from the vendors in this forum. Thus not everyone seems to be siding the vendors just because they may had earlier dealings with them. So what other reason is there for me to side with the vendors?

totoseow said:
last time hor...my colleague make his gf pregnant...after that he say he marry her...then hor after that he say he cannot marry her, cos simi he think he is gay la...he wanna be a monk la. all very good excuse. but then hor she still pregnant leh. dun change the fact right? i say my colleague buay steady.
Your colleague? You lah. Shotgun liao think people dunno izzit?

HI All,

there is definitely two sides to this argument and it would be idealist to think that buyer OR seller backing out is not going to happen.

i think the simple solution will be to set up shop, display the wares, collect a deposit or full payment and do your business the conventional way.

The Internet has brought us many conveniences and lower cost of transactions albeit with greater possibility of no show. Whilst we enjoy the benefits, i do not think its necessary to wash dirty linen in public or to discredit someone. After all, its one's word versus another. Better still, gather the site sponsors to "sponsor" a rating engine for the forum, just like the one on ebay.

Otherwise, take your disputes offline and handle it maturely. Take a deposit next time if you worry that the buyer will backs out or establish a policy which best protects you bearing in mind that might inconvenience buyers or deter purchase. In business, you win some, you lose some. Customer friendliness keeps goodwill in the long term.

As for modifications, to each is own. I don't think anyone's willlingness to mod, or pay for mods should be any benchmark of any kind. Warranty is always a concern and when things do really go wrong, are we going to foot the bill for our fellow forumner? Or do we just extend our condolonses? So lets just leave people to decide with a clear mind.

This note is not meant to offend anyone but having read through 5 pages, i think some comments or personal attacks are not necessary.

We should let our fellow forumer off.

:topicsuc:

be nice.

steven32;437675 said:
Once i wanted to buy an used item ...selling price was $1000 ..so i called up and qouted him $800 but after sometime we compromise at $900 ..seller even asking me when and where to collect ...but after 6hours later call me back say sorry cant sell to me cos realised not worth it ..cos need to pay labour to take it out... wat can i do rite ? nothing done loh ....but later realised he sold at $1000 .....How can the seller back up just becos someone pay him abit higher ...is he wrong or right ? will anyone of you do this kind of stuff ..I wont deftly ....i will honour watever i say cos i believe it will happen to anyone of us ....

sounds familiar....sebring or remus ah? keke

It's not only SMS.

He did call me (7th May) & asked what is the difference between Hotchkis vs H&R & decided to take H&R after bargaining & price agreed with installation.

He also wanted to install the AC lower springs bought from Dave to be install together with the H&R swaybars & asked me to check if J4C could matched the price quoted by Fong Kim Exhaust for installing the springs for him.

I spoke to J4C & they agreed to match the price.

So it was all set & he was very happy that I can do this for him.

He wanted to install both the next day (8th May) but J4C was fully booked & the next available date was on the 12th May.

He also say he might just go ahead & install the AC springs at BVO on the 9th May (Sat) b4 the swaybars to get to feel wat's the improvement like progressively.

I told him, Sure, by all means, have fun, just do it.

He agreed & so I informed him that the swaybars will be delivered on Monday 11th May.

I'm cheez off bcos I have to send 4 SMSs & wait for 4 days (14th~17th) for a response from him for the next install date......

The swaybars are still at J4C & they were asking me when is my customer coming as they don't accept last minute booking.

Why would anyone want to inform PML's SA that they want to mod their cars with aftermarket parts??? Duh??

I sincerely apologize to you for saying such harsh words - " i not born yesterday, rubbish la, excuses la"

If you had offer to pay for the swaybars but will only do the installation in July bcos you dun wanna go against PML's advice, I would gladly keep the swaybars for you till you're ready.

Who know what other excuses you might come out with when July comes??

I must hold on the parts for you indefinately?

Like all Vendors here, a deal is a deal. Items delivered to workshop, appointment made......I too have to apologize to J4C bcos of your no show.

There are alot of bros here who order/buy stuffs from me thru SMSs, it's convenient & simple, also bcos I'm always not in Singapore.....by me replying to buyers thru SMSs also won't cause them any inconveniences if they were in a meeting with their clients/bosses....

Sorry for the ranting.......

Thanks to all who shared their views too!!!!

Case Closed.

'The Great White'

Ah Lian;437698 said:
Agree!

reason??...eh.....cos Wilman yandao....keke:woottt:

sszone;437727 said:
reason??...eh.....cos Wilman yandao....keke:woottt:

Siao!!! Talk rubbish.....

But I'll buy you kopi!!

kekekekeke

'The Great White'

understand your frustration Wilman, especially when u dun have much stock then u keep for some customer and somemore have to book J4C to do the installation then kena fly aeroplane.....feel very dui rite....anyway, dun lose too much sleep or appetite over it. things like this are bound to happen in our site sponsor line....just learn from it.
there are many situations happening, just like my stock supply kena prob (courtesy of some jerks), end up cannot deliver to my customer....customer still kind enough to wait for me which i am really grateful for their support.
dun so angry, think of the support the bros been giving u...think happy thoughts, be happy...hehe
thats why sometimes i ask some of my buyers pay deposit for those not so common items, especially when i have to specially indent.

sszone;437732 said:
understand your frustration Wilman, especially when u dun have much stock then u keep for some customer and somemore have to book J4C to do the installation then kena fly aeroplane.....feel very dui rite....anyway, dun lose too much sleep or appetite over it. things like this are bound to happen in our site sponsor line....just learn from it.
there are many situations happening, just like my stock supply kena prob (courtesy of some jerks), end up cannot deliver to my customer....customer still kind enough to wait for me which i am really grateful for their support.
dun so angry, think of the support the bros been giving u...think happy thoughts, be happy...hehe
thats why sometimes i ask some of my buyers pay deposit for those not so common items, especially when i have to specially indent.

Thanks for the encouraging words bro!

Yah, we will kenna from time to time....haiz....

I feel for you too when our suppliers are slow & we have customers to answer to......

I'm ok....watching HBO, ordered room service & sipping my wine now in Grand Millennium Beijing Hotel.......kekekeke

Now I owe you 2 kopi!! Will throw in kaya toast too! Sui boh??

'The Great White'

wilman2772;437728 said:
Siao!!! Talk rubbish.....

But I'll buy you kopi!!

kekekekeke

'The Great White'

thanks.....u so clever....i really need kopi...still in my office with auditors running thru the accounts....sibei cham ah

anyway, just a disclaimer..Bimshop more like a hobby and dream to me....doesn't feed the family or whatever with that....sometimes still gotta bear the losses when items are spoilt or supplier run away with my money. if not for the support from the bros, i probably quit liao.....still hanging in there...:uhhh:

Wilman, I think next time you should collect a non-refundable deposit to protect yourself. That way both buyer and seller are obligated to deliver their end.

Ya man Wilson, I think its better for u to collect no refundable deposit. Normally I will pay you deposit when I order stuff from you.

Anyways BFD, Im not siding Wilman nor you, Im just being objective. If you get ppl to order in, whether U wan to install or not, U also have to buy it from him. Its a matter of keeping your word. You can then decide whether to install it later or not. Thats only being fair. Bcos he specially order in the stuff for you or he rejected other ppl offers so that he can keep it for you. I feel its only fair.

Just came into the forum and spotted this thread. Just offering my 2 cents.

I am relatively inactive in this great forum and have to state for the record I do not know any of the parties involved. At least not yet. Most forum buy/ sell transactions are based on only 1 word: TRUST. I guess people will order and change their minds but I have to agree with most folks here that the buyer should pay the seller and he can do what he wants, when he wants, any time later as he pleases.

By the way, what has a sway bar got to do with engine light huh? And a bar that stiffens body roll can void warranty? BMW like that one hah?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back