Feedback on car battery

IS250C

I brought my E60 523i used and not sure about the car battery health. So decided to replace for peace of mind. I am recommended to use Amaron Pro DIN100 at $280 incl installation.

I am trying to get feedback on the quality of Amaron and is the price reasonable?

Cheers.

Re: Feedback on car battery

I paid S$250 +S$30 =S$280. However, S$30 stated here was charged as it was an onsite job. Mechanics brought it down to my stalled vehicle then.

I could only talk about the price part, as for quality, I am still trying it out.

To exclusifmedia: Thank you for your input.

Buying car battery is so confusing. Now I get suggestion to buy Bosch S4 100ah battery.
Any input on which to buy. Help........

Over the last few years i have tried various batteries... in diff cars. Realised that most give 1 year warranty only. In terms of battery life, expensive brands reliability and life of battery.

If my battery needs replacing, as long as the size and voltage fits, i'll just buy which ever cheaper. Imho.

Meek;995951 said:
Over the last few years i have tried various batteries... in diff cars. Realised that most give 1 year warranty only. In terms of battery life, expensive brands reliability and life of battery.

If my battery needs replacing, as long as the size and voltage fits, i'll just buy which ever cheaper. Imho.
E39 battery was replaced by PML when E39 was 5.5 yrs old. From thereon, i have been using the same 1 till it was scrap (when E39 was closed to 9 yr old).

Have you tried AGM battery? It seems to last quite long.

Bro,

A good battery should be able to last 4 to 5 yrs in general. If battery is failing prematuredly, it may be other issues which affect the life span of it; hence unless we have the chance to compare apple to apple...its difficult for us to determine the actual quality of the battery. Agree?

Meek;995951 said:

Previously I am also not particular about battery because the batteries I used usually last about 4 years. But recently the battery in my Lexus is not lasting. Car brought new. The battery lasted 1.5 yrs. change new battery and lasted 1 yr which I change another just last month.

davidtch;995958 said:
E39 battery was replaced by PML when E39 was 5.5 yrs old. From thereon, i have been using the same 1 till it was scrap (when E39 was closed to 9 yr old).

Have you tried AGM battery? It seems to last quite long.

Never try AGM Battery before but heard it is lasting. However I will not buy AGM because my car is due for scrap in 2.5 yrs. so changing to a normal one to last 2.5 yrs. I don't know how long will the current battery last so better change now then to change when car left 1 year to scrap.

Exclusifmedia;995990 said:
Bro,

A good battery should be able to last 4 to 5 yrs in general. If battery is failing prematuredly, it may be other issues which affect the life span of it; hence unless we have the chance to compare apple to apple...its difficult for us to determine the actual quality of the battery. Agree?

Previously I would agrree woth you about battery because the batteries I used usually last about 4 years. But recently the battery in my Lexus is not lasting. Car brought new. The battery lasted 1.5 yrs. change new battery and lasted 1 yr which I change another just last month.

IS250C;995936 said:
I brought my E60 523i used and not sure about the car battery health. So decided to replace for peace of mind. I am recommended to use Amaron Pro DIN100 at $280 incl installation.

I am trying to get feedback on the quality of Amaron and is the price reasonable?

Cheers.

Price should be ok. I had the same car once. no problem with battery. better to wait till it fails unless you are really sure it will hit you when you least expect it.

stock battery not neccesay BEST
one mamber mentioned his stock Lexus battery last around 1.5 years
correct me if i am worng, battery located inside boot can last longer due to away from Heat and less vibration

Red_Bean_Bun;996080 said:
Remember to register the battery after replacing .......

Hi,

What do you mean by register the battery after replacing?

I have just changed my battery yeste after it failed to start. Jump Start and went to the nearest petrol kisok as nearly office closing hours.

Do we need to check any sensor also? if needed

Mine is also turning 5 year old 525. Thanx

Last edited by a moderator:

battery do depends on the car alternator, cycle life (charge discharge = 1 cycle) and full charge.

I just gotten mine changed at J4C (Juzz for Cars).

Hoppecke model (original) $280. But not including cost of labor which worked out to another $100 plus...

:)

bonsoir;1002543 said:

Hoppecke model (original) $280. But not including cost of labor which worked out to another $100 plus...

Wow. $100++ labour to replace battery is very high.
You can always DIY. It is easy especially if your existing battery is not flat. Just start your car and disconnect terminal to replace. When your car is started there is no longer a need for battery power so disconnect will not cause any issue with any electronics setting at all.

IS250C;1002574 said:
Wow. $100++ labour to replace battery is very high.
You can always DIY. It is easy especially if your existing battery is not flat. Just start your car and disconnect terminal to replace. When your car is started there is no longer a need for battery power so disconnect will not cause any issue with any electronics setting at all.

totally agree with you. Typical tyre/battery shop labour less than S$100

That is quite a bit of labor .....

bonsoir;1002543 said:

$100 is WAY too much for a simple job. Thanks for posting so we know where to avoid ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgamebai

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back