Finally!! Collection day of my 523i F10..BUT!!

Re: Finally!! Collection day of my 523i F10..BUT!!

Centurion9990;619429 said:
I'm wondering if this happened buying from PI... What will the PI do??? I understand from a close source that PI usually pay a workshop $300 a year for 3 years to cover the warrenty... $300 a year how to cover in this sticky situation???

Actually PI's don't pay the workshop anything from what I know and understand.

PI's buy an insurance from a third party company to warranty the car. You get your car serviced at an appointed workshop that is their list. If anything screws up in the car, the company the warranty was bought from is liable to pay the workshop for the parts to be replaced.

The problem is sometimes getting the company to pay for the faulty parts, I spoke to a few workshops and they said sometimes it is very difficult to file a claim.

Nightwind;619421 said:
Bro sorry about ur new ride. N I take my hat of to u...i would have been hopping mad if this happened to me...brand new car dies on 1st 3 hrs.

I also have absolutely no faith in PML service. I dont know if this is ur first BM but for me i gave up on them and bought my next e92 from a good PI...and the car runs beautifully...absolutely no problems at all..

any way keep us posted. One possibilty is that the F10 has waaaay too much technology and some of it is still in the beta stages so i doubt its a problem with the engine itself...

Yes, this is my first BMW so thats why decided to go with PML just to be on the safe side because as you said this car has so much of electronics...it is just crazy.

I like you doubt that the engine has a problem and think its the bloody electronics acting up...I was just unlucky enough that it happened to me.

Notwithstanding PML's crap service, BMW makes creamy smooth straight inline 6 engine...can u share with us the specs of ur ride?

However if i had to choose between a F10 and a Jaquar XF...

Ask for a new car..........

Congrats on your new car .......

Mmm, maybe they need a software upgrade. Hope they dun wait till the new version comes out....anyway everythg should turn out fine.....Cheersssss

I think what prob pisses buyers away from PML is their standard reply 'its normal'. I mean I am sure ppl will agree t hat becos they sell so many cars a yr, the probability of 'lemon' or defect cars is also higher and convert that into absolute numbers, the number of complaints is inevitably higher as compared to PI, hence making PI look like a better option.

By saying 'its normal' to almost everything shows an apparent lack of tech know-how in PML backroom staff and this is shocking given they are the authorized dealer/distributor, i.e. sending their staff to learn the mechanics or an experienced technician fr overseas to educate the staff here doesnt seem to give them any edge over any other reputed wkshop in Spore. puzzling and disturbing.

Niva;619516 said:
I think what prob pisses buyers away from PML is their standard reply 'its normal'. I mean I am sure ppl will agree t hat becos they sell so many cars a yr, the probability of 'lemon' or defect cars is also higher and convert that into absolute numbers, the number of complaints is inevitably higher as compared to PI, hence making PI look like a better option.

By saying 'its normal' to almost everything shows an apparent lack of tech know-how in PML backroom staff and this is shocking given they are the authorized dealer/distributor, i.e. sending their staff to learn the mechanics or an experienced technician fr overseas to educate the staff here doesnt seem to give them any edge over any other reputed wkshop in Spore. puzzling and disturbing.

:errr: looks terrifying on all the above statement lei all bro ... Just bought my second hand e60 from pml and sending my ride on tomolo for few minor issue inspection :shakehea: steeling horribly heavy, wind noise at 100km /h ONLY !!! , tyre vibrate @ various speed , engine noisy and bla bla bla ... Really out of confidence and wonder they can fit ll the problem probably or not ... Still got vy long long way to go with my first time BMW and look plenty unpredictable problem ahead waiting for me :verysad:

that's part and parcel of owning a bmw. you have mentioned that's your first time bmw, so embrace it :lol:

Still got vy long long way to go with my first time BMW and look plenty unpredictable problem ahead waiting for me :verysad:

I believe PML/BMW Asia owe you something for your inconvenience and embarrasement....Least they should do is to give you some free accessories and extended warranty... else request for a new car especially if they cannot find any fault...

Hey, when is the lemon law going to be pass? This should wake PML from the "it's normal" mentality.

fat hope. even brand new car that in & out several times, owner is not able to "ask" for anything.
they will show you 10 pages of terms & conditions that you have signed for the purchase
nonetheless, it really depends on pml to act on goodwill. a F10 a $200k+ car, perhaps will be treated slighly better ? :lol:

zorro;619639 said:
I believe PML/BMW Asia owe you something for your inconvenience and embarrasement....Least they should do is to give you some free accessories and extended warranty... else request for a new car especially if they cannot find any fault...

Last edited by a moderator:

pengful;619648 said:
Hey, when is the lemon law going to be pass? This should wake PML from the "it's normal" mentality.

In Singapore our right as consumers are pretty weak and companies know it.

The problem is when you go to court, our system does not practice 'punitive' damages, they only award for actual damages...so companies are not scared.

In the US, I believe there is a 'lemon law'.

Well, it is something we cannot do anything about.

So I do not want to stress myself out, spoke to PML this morning...they are running a full diagnostic and will update me on the results.

Hi All,

Just got a call from PML.

Apparently something known as the 'power distribution module' was faulty. Apparently this is a component that distributes electrical voltage to the entire car.

It needs to be replaced and will take 2 weeks to arrive!! Have these people not heard of FEDEX!!

I told them that they should be looking at other alternatives like taking the required component from another F10 that has not be bought or delivered yet because BMW Singapore orders their cars in bulk without pre-selling them first. The guy said he will look into this.

If anybody can tell me if this 'power distribution module' is transferable from one car to another...that would be great.

This is because I already anticipate they are going to tell me it cannot be removed from another car as it maybe tied in to that car's specific on board computer system.

pml should think "creatively" and see how to satisfy customer in all way and not just pour cold water news to you 2 weeks downtime ..... could be longer
as a matter of fact , part spoilt on 1st day of collection already earn you the milleage that PML should go extra mile and perform service recovery!

Called my salesguy to update him on the information just in case the service department has not told him anything yet.

Told him that the service advisor said it would take 2 weeks for the part to arrive but my salesguy said that he spoke to the service manager who said that the part would arrive this afternoon and car should be ready by tomorrow morning.

Interesting!! :hmmidont:

Yes, you can ask for some form of compensation for the inconveniences.:whythis:

When I collected my new ride in 2007, 1 of the doors had a different shade. :furious: Obviously, some cuckoos must have accidentally scratched or dented the door before delivery.

They said 'it normal' I told them to F$%^ spider then wrote to BMW HQ Asia copy BMW Germany.

The matter was escalated to their marketing department then they agreed to re-spray the whole car (because Ti-silver from factory and PML stock has slight difference in shade), a courtesy car for about 5 days (FOC full tank) plus $500/- voucher to buy their accessories.:juggle:

Honestly. I would rather have a fault-free car when its new than the courtesy car, $500, etc.:screwedu:

Since your ride is under investigation, I strongly suggest that you check to make sure no dings, scratch, both interior and exterior, before handling over.

If I'm in your capacity, I will demand that they extend warranty to 5 years (150K) instead of 3 yrs (100K). With all the electronics, 3 yrs is too short.

This should rebuild some confidence that you suffered on F10.

Iceberg;619766 said:

When I collected my new ride in 2007, 1 of the doors had a different shade. :furious: Obviously, some cuckoos must have accidentally scratched or dented the door before delivery.

They said 'it normal' I told them to F$%^ spider then wrote to BMW HQ Asia copy BMW Germany.

The matter was escalated to their marketing department then they agreed to re-spray the whole car (because Ti-silver from factory and PML stock has slight difference in shade), a courtesy car for about 5 days (FOC full tank) plus $500/- voucher to buy their accessories.:juggle:

Honestly. I would rather have a fault-free car when its new than the courtesy car, $500, etc.:screwedu:

Since your ride is under investigation, I strongly suggest that you check to make sure no dings, scratch, both interior and exterior, before handling over.

If I'm in your capacity, I will demand that they extend warranty to 5 years (150K) instead of 3 yrs (100K). With all the electronics, 3 yrs is too short.

Good talk and brovo bro :woottt:

Iceberg;619766 said:

Good suggestion, bro but this would require a lot of table banging on my part. From what I have heard PML does not entertain such requests.

I will try and keep you guys updated, for now I will just let them fix the car properly.

As you said the feeling of driving the loaner 523i somehow feels different than driving my own 523i!!

Iceberg;619766 said:
The matter was escalated to their marketing department then they agreed to re-spray the whole car

that is more scary than just getting the door sprayed. spray the whole car means glass panels, doors & lots of parts must be ripped out & put back together by local mechanics!!! i wldnt have gone that route

In your situation, I would incline to think that you deserve an extended warranty because the car reliability is suspicious...No need to bang table..just offer them 2 choices....5 years warranty or new car..pick one.

If u need to bang table, I can lend you my sledgehammer ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbetcominfo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back