Fluctuating RPM @ idle then engine stalled?

Re: Fluctuating RPM @ idle then engine stalled?

centurion;328857 said:
it's OMFG time now, 2 guys with the same issues with a same car = batch or design issue.

No no... not same car, but appears to be same problem...

adjusting idle spped is a quick fix not a real solution, I do not know why they do this all the time. THey did this to my E90 as well but I had them restore it to factory settings. It cannot be the fuel filter after just 9000km. Let me check the TIS and see if there is a solution for this symptom...

Hi Sir,

bringing this thread to life because I am experiencing the irregular rpm problem although not to the extend of engine dying, but the rpm needle keeps fluctuating.

any discovery on your research ?

desertfox65;328925 said:
adjusting idle spped is a quick fix not a real solution, I do not know why they do this all the time. THey did this to my E90 as well but I had them restore it to factory settings. It cannot be the fuel filter after just 9000km. Let me check the TIS and see if there is a solution for this symptom...

jojosnr;368055 said:
Hi Sir,

bringing this thread to life because I am experiencing the irregular rpm problem although not to the extend of engine dying, but the rpm needle keeps fluctuating.

any discovery on your research ?

my car had that problem around 11,000 km mark...

the idle was uneven, and sometimes the engine just died.

Anyway, i tahan until servicing time.. brough it in... was told that the valtronic sensor is faulty.... they have to change it... takes 2 days....

Anyway, its been done now... so far so good.. the problem hasn't come back at all...

oh.. they also change my servicing interval to 19,000 km

thanks for sharing, sir.

henry2703;368084 said:

Anyway, i tahan until servicing time.. brough it in... was told that the valtronic sensor is faulty.... they have to change it... takes 2 days....

Anyway, its been done now... so far so good.. the problem hasn't come back at all...

henry2703;368084 said:

Hi Henry, I remember when I first joined the forum, you were one of the first I got to know, hows ur car? Mine's really bad haha, went in and out of PML more than 6 times in a month. ANyways hopefully the problem is solved. the CSA was really nice and helpful even though I complained like crazy. Yup my servicing interval was set to 19000km too. :)

delrosa81;368162 said:
Hi Henry, I remember when I first joined the forum, you were one of the first I got to know, hows ur car? Mine's really bad haha, went in and out of PML more than 6 times in a month. ANyways hopefully the problem is solved. the CSA was really nice and helpful even though I complained like crazy. Yup my servicing interval was set to 19000km too. :)

hi hi! yes.. i remember you...

Sad to hear that your ultimate driving machine is giving you more pain then pleasure. It shouldn't be the case. My only complain is that the car drinks too much.... as compared to the E46 previously.

Mine has been pretty alright. There were a couple of complains, such as creakings and the uneven idling.... But nothing i couldn't live with. I drove it in for servicing and they fixed all the problems mentioned. Well, except for the creaks in the seat, which is probably weight related (my weight, not the car).

I have another IS250 at home. And i tell you.... over the last few months, i have been thinking.... perhaps that should have been the ultimate driving machine instead. lol... there was no weight problem with this car at all too (again, my weight, not the car) but well... i'm stuck with this one for the next 5 years. Lost too much money changing cars ...oh yes,... the consumption for this car is much better than the 320i

IMHO, which is what i did for my previous car.... It doesn't matter how nice the CSA is... i need him to do his job, he doesn't have to be friendly with me.

My previous ride was giving me a lot of problems too. So one day, i drove my car in, ask the CSA how long he will take to give the car a complete check, and change everything he needs! After that, if he still can't fix, i would want to write to the car company itself, and he (and the distributor) will have to endorse my letter of complain. Get his manager to sit down and discuss as well.

They told me 2 weeks... after 1.5 weeks, they called to say the car is ready for my inspection.... true enough, all the problem is gone.

So i query them.. how come they can only perform under pressure from the customer.... they told me that, in all honesty, if given enough time, they would be able to fix most of the problem. The biggest problem is, they have got lots of vehicle to clear each day, and everyone needs their car back urgently.... they don't have time to do proper checks on the car. Hence they can only rely on what they can see in the surface. True, although some problem can be seen / heard during the test drive, but it is hard for them to replicate... so when it reaches the workshop... unfortunately they cannot find out how to rectify it.

If i have to buy another car now.... i will give the merc a serious look. For one reason. Recently they have announced that their profit margin has been cut, not because of price reduction, but because they are spending more time to rectify the faults in the cars to make it more perfect for clients.... Now that is what i like....

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back