Forum recently in war

Re: Forum recently in war

When that happens, don't waste time. I teach you new term: JFGI

detach8;991956 said:
I think I keep quiet for very long liao

In all honesty, OK we may be a bit guai lan to newbies... and after some time up in the mountains meditating I think being a bully was not right. From now onwards, I will keep quiet, or just hint them at the right direction, i.e. tell them to use Let me google that for you

I cannot speak for the rest of them.

But talking cock is inevitable. Otherwise I don't think this forum will have that kind of traffic.

Admin -- whats your Google Analytics looking like for the past few days?

But for the newbie who came in here and make a ruckuss, also shame on you.

That's it. Over and out.

wobbles;991951 said:
Waaah, bro, that sentence is steeped in scientific facts.

He cums, with electric shocks, which presumably vapourizes the oil leakage, thus producing steam. WOW! I LEARNT SOMETHING NEW! :lol2::lol2:

Good to see you back on the forums, bro!

Hehe Bro wobbles, thanks for the warm welcome. Bo pian I kenna suck back here by last time Fatboy... now yantao but pai kia brother. Will try n visit more.:)

BlackCookie;991964 said:
Sometimes when I sit on the toilet bowl, I also think... If you give me Obama's job, do I want to do?

Funny stuffs aside...

Of all people, the old birds understand more than many of us (I tend to think I'm a new bird so ignore my join date) that it is tough moderating this forum. We came from AKM (if you know this, you are really lao jiao) to infraction points to the different coloured card ban. But it is because of the fine line people walk on that makes this forum interesting.

No one says it is easy and I have a good amount of respect for Ryan & Mock. I think the reason behind the anger is the fairness in the ruling. Say for eg, VAGSG goes by the draconian approach and they are very strict across the board. Punishments and bans are all done fairly and openly. If there are reasons why some people are banned, that particular group of forum admin will not tolerate another person (friend or not) to test that very same limit as well. I'm not implying anything, just an objective observation. Read as it is. I may be from the female specie but straight as an arrow (in various sense of the phrase).

I admit I don't know what transpired because I'm essentially a part-time lurker but I also know that Oilman, MW, Kenntona are not unreasonable people nor shit stirrers. They won't just flip the table like that. As for Toto, I really don't know. He's quite unpredictable but we all love him like that.

BTW, i'm leftfield from vagsg forum.

The AKM joke was initially funny but got really tiresome as it went on. Likewise for the you *xxx* face joke, the jay chou tickets call me number etc etc.

Vagsg is no doubt tough but look at the number of members and contributions there, it's not any worse than here. pple talk cock there too...

the forum can choose to degenerate into the old delphi tiongchia club forum where anything goes. i dont think that's what the moderators want. i can sense that Mock, the most lenient one of them all, feels that this is also going like a downward spiral.

As for Toto, i enjoy his sense of humour but as u can tell in vagsg, he is definitely capable of good behavoir! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Will u still be the same u after ur girlfriend become your wife? We speak differently to the people that is closer to us because there's no barriers? Tiring to put on a front at times. I love BMW-SG for all good n bad times, it's a package. Counting down to yellow card being lifted. What if they dun come back anymore? Cannot anyhow say break up or ask for time out, sometimes once go no come back....

Si bei OT.

Blackcookie very chio in her blue cabin crew costume. I drool.

End OT

BlackCookie;991965 said:
When that happens, don't waste time. I teach you new term: JFGI

Sorry, noobie here, err, what does JFGI mean? :lol2::lol2::lol2:

wobbles;992031 said:
Bro, forum rules dictate: NPNT

i was busy drooling so forget to take. but it was etched in my memory.

Gtlnt...
Got talk like never talk

dash;992048 said:
i was busy drooling so forget to take. but it was etched in my memory.

i got her photo for that blue sexy outfit... but the person beside her spoil the picture. i never say is rodder.

i stop posting in bmw-sg becos we meet more often outside then come here talk cock kenna warning. like my favorite "kkj"

sandman369,

There are a couple of points I agree in your post - and while we acted our bans accordingly - they were not done without prior warnings given time and again.

There are a number of signups everyday (7-15 on average) and I've received a large number of PMs from various individuals who gave us their individual feedback about the forum becoming a huge mess to navigate with a lot of negative posts.

After the ban - I also had a number of feedback from members PMing me for doing the right thing. Obviously, there are members and regulars here who absolutely believed I did the wrong thing by banning too 'hastily'.

Again, there are over a thousand unique members (close to 2000) surfing this forum on a daily basis. Do I then...

1 - take the majority of them for granted by allowing the forum to be continuously polluted by OT and off handed remarks to new-comers ..and not doing anything about it?
2 - do the difficult part in calming the vocal ones down (despite me telling them to watch what they post time and time again) and issuing a short term ban.

Behind the scenes - I deal with complaints from members to members more frequently than you'd think, one of which was recently - having to remove personal information that was posted online due to member retaliation. Also, I'm in frequent litigation issues because of what members post in here without thinking about what they say.

Sure, I could wait for people to accommodate my warnings..... but they weren't listened to, plus me and the admin team have been challenged publicly - which is something we absolutely detest, considering that we've done a major part in making sure there's a viable and personal platform we built for everyone - to use, for free.

I've contemplated even just restricting the people who generally 'talk cock' and don't discuss technical, to just the lounge areas - which is something we might do - win win for everyone - since it's seen and known that some members are just here to chill out and not partake in anything serious.

There are more pertinent issues that need fixing in my view:
- monthly meetups
- events
- admins' / moderators' participation

YES. We do need help in these. The monthly meetups have been thin for the past year (seems like our 5er groups and 3er groups are having more successful gatherings). Just spotted a large 5 series meetup the other night at Kallang Carpark.

If you're willing to help - drop me an email ([email protected]) / call (9841-3138) anytime to discuss about it.

Just wanted to say at the same time, that I'm very appreciative that we have had many good members here who have helped in terms of supporting the forum through good times and bad (Kenntona, Babe, Alvin, Mock, Racebred etc) and that I do see a need in injecting new blood into the admin/moderator pool.

sandman369, apart from you... any other volunteers? PM me!
sandman369;991781 said:
Note to Admins:

- don't you think you are over protecting the newbies at the expense of the seniors?
- are seniors taken for granted since they, probably in your view, have more to lose?

I am neither a senior or newbie. Just trying to take an objective view of how the recnet issues are being handled.

Are there so many new sign-ups (and active members) everyday that you are taking them so seriously at the expense of the seniors?

Lastly, I think being too judgemental and imposing bans on such trivial "offences" are absolutely not necessary in a forum. It is a turn off, really. Everyone should learn to accomodate each other. It will take time. Why the haste?

You acted on newbies' complaints. Perhaps you should act on views on the other side of the fence now.

- monthly meetups
- events

Improving face-to-face engagements will help. There is a reason why I have not attended any monthly meetups.

Also, admins and moderators should take a more active participation in the forums. If current admins are too busy, appoint someone else that could do that job. Change the admins at any point if they are not up to the task.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLK69 raise both hands to volunteer........ lolxx

I think boobby can be " event organizer" he will revive our monthly meet up..... No problem...
Seriously consider that!
Kenn.... Can be a moderator?
I belive both are good.

Thanks for taking time writing a long response.

As indicated before, I have no interests (and will) to take a more active role in the forum.

There are many that can do a good job. Perhaps you should consider starting a recruitment drive (if u have not done so).

ryan;992155 said:
sandman369,

There are a couple of points I agree in your post - and while we acted our bans accordingly - they were not done without prior warnings given time and again.

There are a number of signups everyday (7-15 on average) and I've received a large number of PMs from various individuals who gave us their individual feedback about the forum becoming a huge mess to navigate with a lot of negative posts.

After the ban - I also had a number of feedback from members PMing me for doing the right thing. Obviously, there are members and regulars here who absolutely believed I did the wrong thing by banning too 'hastily'.

Again, there are over a thousand unique members (close to 2000) surfing this forum on a daily basis. Do I then...

1 - take the majority of them for granted by allowing the forum to be continuously polluted by OT and off handed remarks to new-comers ..and not doing anything about it?
2 - do the difficult part in calming the vocal ones down (despite me telling them to watch what they post time and time again) and issuing a short term ban.

Behind the scenes - I deal with complaints from members to members more frequently than you'd think, one of which was recently - having to remove personal information that was posted online due to member retaliation. Also, I'm in frequent litigation issues because of what members post in here without thinking about what they say.

Sure, I could wait for people to accommodate my warnings..... but they weren't listened to, plus me and the admin team have been challenged publicly - which is something we absolutely detest, considering that we've done a major part in making sure there's a viable and personal platform we built for everyone - to use, for free.

I've contemplated even just restricting the people who generally 'talk cock' and don't discuss technical, to just the lounge areas - which is something we might do - win win for everyone - since it's seen and known that some members are just here to chill out and not partake in anything serious.

- monthly meetups
- events

YES. We do need help in these. The monthly meetups have been thin for the past year (seems like our 5er groups and 3er groups are having more successful gatherings). Just spotted a large 5 series meetup the other night at Kallang Carpark.

If you're willing to help - drop me an email ([email protected]) / call (9841-3138) anytime to discuss about it.

Just wanted to say at the same time, that I'm very appreciative that we have had many good members here who have helped in terms of supporting the forum through good times and bad (Kenntona, Babe, Alvin, Mock, Racebred etc) and that I do see a need in injecting new blood into the admin/moderator pool.

sandman369, apart from you... any other volunteers? PM me!

Red_Bean_Bun;991820 said:
If you just joined a new company and you ask where is the ABC meeting room, your senior colleagues could ask you to
- go search the intranet before you ask because its a stupid question that they have been asked by new colleagues since they joined the company since 2003 every week.
Or
- tell you where it is
Or
- Shrug their shoulders, look busy and walk away.

ryan;991826 said:
Well said.
This. Exactly this.

Poor analogy.

When a noob asks "What gear should I drive when in normal mode?" it's more like someone asking if they can take a crap in the office cubicle instead of the toilet cubicle.

Red_Bean_Bun;991820 said:
My take is to stop being an internet hero. Don't do what you don't have the balls to do in person versus what one is doing behind a keyboard.

"Well said. This. Exactly this." So when Botay jio you to back up your statement, don't U-turn and say it's a general comment. We might mistake you for an Internet hero.

fk la...don't blame RBB la. the last guy botay jio...groveled like a dog after only 1 punch.

CONgrats on your new appointment BOOBy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33winprome

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back