Forum recently in war

Re: Forum recently in war

SLK69;991835 said:
NO POLICE INVOLVED LIM PENG ON U ANYTHING

I help him rephrase... " AI TIO AH????? LAI! LAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

lucky i am not ban, if not MW will post "obi goot..

kevinbmw;991843 said:
I help him rephrase... " AI TIO AH????? LAI! LAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

kevinBMW is another internet hero.... if come out jio Bobby sure call police.

I know I OT but please don't ban me. I'm from Bobby Tay Fan Club!

I miss Toto!

BlackCookie;991850 said:
I know I OT but please don't ban me. I'm from Bobby Tay Fan Club!

I miss Toto!

Ur membership fees is expiring since 6mths ago.....
Making babies for ur husband n other husband is not an excuse...

You not happy with what ?

Got say you in my post ?

SLK69;991835 said:
My take is to stop being an internet hero. Don't do what you don't have the balls to do in person versus what one is doing behind a keyboard.

Want to help ....help. Think its stupid ..... you have your options.

People who knows me knows I m not Internet hero.....in person wat can u do or wat u want to do

NO POLICE INVOLVED LIM PENG ON U ANYTHING[/QUOTE]

Red_Bean_Bun;991861 said:
You not happy with what ?

Got say you in my post ?

People who knows me knows I m not Internet hero.....in person wat can u do or wat u want to do

NO POLICE INVOLVED LIM PENG ON U ANYTHING
[/QUOTE]

U implying u not Internet hero can type a lot and can come out so come lor...now I jio u...97425808 my personal number....btw call anytime ...I m always available unless sleeping

S2k;991790 said:
early morning have some tua bao is good for health

Ahwing;991803 said:
this one is 小笼包 leh... hehehe

S2k;991804 said:
guni say 小笼包 can swallow whole

Ahwing;991810 said:
i like to eat 小笼包 leh

Got BUNS............. S2k & ahwing sure appear............ :lol::lol:

SLK69;991865 said:
U are not the first one being jio

Keng Jio ai mai?????

bobby already jio 9 of them before this.

which hotel again?

Buywellsellwell;991875 said:
Hahaha. Good one la. Both of u really good. Funny x100, Like x100.

Please click "Like" and "Thanks" button..................

S2k;991880 said:
how is your jdm?

Slow as it should be.............. hehehe...
Pls dun jio me race with your S204..... i scared.....
Jio me HH..... i onz.....

You are missing the point. Admins need to move from back to the front. It's beyond deleting posts, policing, banning, applying the rules.

More importantly, get on the ground, participate in discussions, get off your high horses, influence through engagements and not the stick.

Accept that there are ups and downs. There is no need to achieve perfection , maximising value as this is not a public company.

Quite frankly, before this issue, I only know you as an admin (Apart from Ryan). Now I know there is the tofumonkey.

Mockngbrd;991811 said:
Ok, so here i am wondering if i should say my bit on this matter.

But first, my views do not reflect the views of Ryan or any of the other admins/moderators of this forum (But i do support Ryan's decisions). If anything i say riles you, let me know and do not quote anything here out of context.

It's sad how fast n furious things can get when a few key members are banned a couple of days with harsh words flying here and there.

I'd like to believe each of the admins/mods moderate the forums in their own way and capacity. You don't see us participating doesn't mean we are not working behind the scenes removing posts/threads.

Perhaps my relaxed way of moderating might have contributed to how things have degenerated and i guess it's partly my fault for not enforcing rules as strictly as "VAG-SG" or even "MCF" to a lesser extent. On good days, that means the atmosphere is pretty chilled and everyone can pretty much talk cock and just relax. On bad days, it becomes a cowboy town.

Do some of you hand on heart REALLY REALLY want us to moderate the forum by the book? I think as an admin/mod i've been pretty relaxed with the rules here. Maybe other admins (not just from here) might not like it and i think seasoned members will know i am pretty chilled with the rules. Sometimes they push it and i delete their posts without any warnings and i hope they do get the message after they see their posts removed. Sometimes when things do get really really too far, i will send PMs out instead of a straight ban. Sometimes we will miss posts too because at everyone one time there are so many threads out there, it's just not easy to keep up. That's where that "report" button comes in. Help us by using it.

Some might think what we did is sometimes right, some might think it is wrong. It isn't really a fun job (well, sometimes it is, zouk girls don't get impressed though.), we can't mouth off (as much), and we have to toe the very fine balance between what is right, what is fair, what is expected of us and what we don't want to do but have to.

I have had personal threats issues to me before when i ban ppl, some even somehow get a hold of my HP number. Unfortunately, non of those issuing threats were hentai ladies, but you get the point. It's extremely bothersome especially on a friday night when all you want is to have dinner after work.

You don't see us participating does not mean we are not behind the scenes quietly observing.

I do agree with some of you that, yes, noobs should use that search button (or google if your search is 3 letters or less). But also to an extent, everyone else should (yes, me included) chill and read our replies before hitting the "post reply" button. It takes a little bit more effort, but it does make for a better online experience for everyone.

If you srsly want us to go strictly by the book, a boatload of ppl can and would have been banned already. I personally don't like that as i believe it will make the forum too sterile (I prefer a more "Laissez-faire" style but that is my view), and tbh, internetz is internetz. Just take it easy. Don't like what you see, go ez141 or go wash your car. Life is bigger than some words on a screen. It took me a really long time to realize that when i first became an admin. But after all this, if you don't like how things are run here, you are welcome to visit other forums. If you think the admins are strict here, head over to mcf and vag and see what happens to you, if you think seniors' replies to newbie questions are too vile, go check out the US forums and see how quickly they will get eaten up. It's hard to keep the balance.

Stuff like:
- events

What's stopping non moderators/admins from getting together, organizing or suggesting events?
It's been done before...

OH wait! Here's an event, go sign up!
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/track-section/77138-sign-up-bmwsg-sepang-td-28-july-2013-a.html

- monthly meetups
I personally do agree it's due for a revamp or to just cut down on the frequency of the meets (or gasps! change location). But that's just my view. If you have views on this, start a thread and start contributing.

Peace out. Back to work.

Perhaps try a differnent approach?

Use a diverse group of admins to manage this forum, just so different interests can be represented. Some can continue be the policemen, some can be the PR Guys, while others can be technical experts

Just to clarify, we had attempted several approaches. I'm not, and neither are any other admin/mo, trigger happy people who go around deleting post or banning people.

There were attempts to communicate with the parties and discussions internally prior to the action. Just though you might want to know.

Thanks for the input too.

sandman369;991901 said:
Perhaps try a differnent approach?

Use a diverse group of admins to manage this forum, just so different interests can be represented. Some can continue be the policemen, some can be the PR Guys, while others can be technical experts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back