Forum recently in war

Re: Forum recently in war

Radon39;991814 said:
Thanks Mok....good views there, yes and is def not easy being a MOD...i know cos yes, i manage the one that you say is DRACONIAN and COMMUNIST, aka MCF...lol.....

tough to find a balance as you can never please anyone. thus, I learnt to move on and let stupidity and ignorance prevail, if that is what the strawberries want......

Good day buddy!
I still hate you

[video=youtube;8aNObT5Tshs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aNObT5Tshs[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

kevinbmw;991812 said:
wah ozipo, that sight in the morning was just fantastic! Haha!

To all, have a brilliant day ahead and TGIF! Make love not war!

And I fully agree with sandman369...we shld try to work on some of the key areas highlighted such as meetups and activities that can really unite the forummers. Perhaps its the lack of such meetups and face to face engagements which doesnt allow the new and senior members to really interact. Perhaps by putting a face onto the nicks would also enhance the warmth towards each other. Of course if u had the look as hot as the girl ozipo posted, then good luck la..sure alot of horsins...including me. But really, some activities from the forum would also help - if need help with events, i am sure my shifu would help...i never say he is ac323.

anyway, the issue is really quite trivial and yes, perhaps seniors should also be more hospitable to such silly questions - like ignore the post or OT it with something funny. Its the internet..a free world (just dont go too overboard). But newbies should of course do some form of search and research before posting their silly questions here.

With that being said, I love being here at the forum and as a matter of fact, one of the first things I would do when at work, is to check out what new threads there are. It is a harmonious place and seniors or newbies are all generally nice people. I am quite new myself, almost going to a year now and to be honest, made a few new friends and bros here. Maybe I am lucky but I am very grateful that this platform allowed me to expand my circle of friends - even chancing upon my neighbour who drives a really sweet M3. Lol..

So let us all take things with a pinch of salt sometimes and not be stupid and get hostile, like comparing properties, etc (I wont say who). Let us all bury the hatchet and make bmw.sg a harmonious place to be in with exciting activities and month end meet ups to look forward to.

HUAAAAAATTTTTTT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

show your singpass first

Ah Mock,

In all fairness, you've always come across as an even handed, cool-headed Admin/Mod/kinda guy. I like your approach, and I personally think it's mature.

When I got the infraction points issued by Ryan previously (over some forum seller/spammer/DavidCB case), I was obviously unhappy, but hey, I took it in my stride - it's not the be all, end all, apocalypse that I thought it would be, and when the infraction expired, life resumed as normal - I think the key here was that I don't bring my ego & my real life hang-ups to the forum, and I enjoy the forum for what they are: an avenue for interacting, learning, making friends & just being a general idiot & di¢khead at times.

Chill bros, life is short enough and stressful enough as it is, we really don't need cyberspace to be the same.

Ah Mock, for what it's worth, keep doing what you're doing - coz IMHO, you're doing it Goldilocks baby: Not to heavy, not too light: JUST RIGHT.

My personal humble opinion.......

- the tendency for someone not to do a search is universal.
- you cannot expect everyone to be already educated with how a forum works
- not every is aligned with your thought process and think like they should or think like the way you do.
- expect all kinds of people to show up in a forum

Some thoughts in general about behavior -

If you just joined a new company and you ask where is the ABC meeting room, your senior colleagues could ask you to

- go search the intranet before you ask because its a stupid question that they have been asked by new colleagues since they joined the company since 2003 every week.

Or

- tell you where it is

Or

- Shrug their shoulders, look busy and walk away.

My take is to stop being an internet hero. Don't do what you don't have the balls to do in person versus what one is doing behind a keyboard.

Want to help ....help. Think its stupid ..... you have your options.

sandman369;991781 said:
Note to Admins:

- don't you think you are over protecting the newbies at the expense of the seniors?
- are seniors taken for granted since they, probably in your view, have more to lose?

I am neither a senior or newbie. Just trying to take an objective view of how the recnet issues are being handled.

Are there so many new sign-ups (and active members) everyday that you are taking them so seriously at the expense of the seniors?

Lastly, I think being too judgemental and imposing bans on such trivial "offences" are absolutely not necessary in a forum. It is a turn off, really. Everyone should learn to accomodate each other. It will take time. Why the haste?

You acted on newbies' complaints. Perhaps you should act on views on the other side of the fence now.

There are more pertinent issues that need fixing in my view:
- monthly meetups
- events
- admins' / moderators' participation

Improving face-to-face engagements will help. There is a reason why I have not attended any monthly meetups.

Also, admins and moderators should take a more active participation in the forums. If current admins are too busy, appoint someone else that could do that job. Change the admins at any point if they are not up to the task.

Oh, one more thing - can ya FIX the bloody DOUBLE POSTING thingee? It's uber irritating! Thanks, mate :)

wobbles;991819 said:
Ah Mock,

In all fairness, you've always come across as an even handed, cool-headed Admin/Mod/kinda guy. I like your approach, and I personally think it's mature.

When I got the infraction points issued by Ryan previously (over some forum seller/spammer/DavidCB case), I was obviously unhappy, but hey, I took it in my stride - it's not the be all, end all, apocalypse that I thought it would be, and when the infraction expired, life resumed as normal - I think the key here was that I don't bring my ego & my real life hang-ups to the forum, and I enjoy the forum for what they are: an avenue for interacting, learning, making friends & just being a general idiot & di¢khead at times.

Chill bros, life is short enough and stressful enough as it is, we really don't need cyberspace to be the same.

Ah Mock, for what it's worth, keep doing what you're doing - coz IMHO, you're doing it Goldilocks baby: Not to heavy, not too light: JUST RIGHT.

yeah, ahmok is a cooll fella...over at mcf he gets a bit gila, but overall we are mods in our own sites and that matters, correct fellow mod mok? in goodwill, your yellowness reduced lah....cos overall u senior enuf and u din mean hum

Well said.

This. Exactly this.

Red_Bean_Bun;991820 said:
My personal humble opinion.......

- the tendency for someone not to do a search is universal.
- you cannot expect everyone to be already educated with how a forum works
- not every is aligned with your thought process and think like they should or think like the way you do.
- expect all kinds of people to show up in a forum

Some thoughts in general about behavior -

If you just joined a new company and you ask where is the ABC meeting room, your senior colleagues could ask you to

- go search the intranet before you ask because its a stupid question that they have been asked by new colleagues since they joined the company since 2003 every week.

Or

- tell you where it is

Or

- Shrug their shoulders, look busy and walk away.

My take is to stop being an internet hero. Don't do what you don't have the balls to do in person versus what one is doing behind a keyboard.

Want to help ....help. Think its stupid ..... you have your options.

Admin/ mod should quickly deal with the following:
1) people whose purpose in this forum is to sell stuffs they claimed were own/ used and you see them selling the same stuffs again and again.
2) The other group is the super hao lian, super obnoxious one boasting they are damned rich and challenge people to give singpass to check wealth. You all know which case I am referring to. (and they can act like newbie when they asked that stupid qn).

To do my part, I will immi report the above 2 types.

SLK69;991740 said:
And HELLO TO THE ELITE GROUP...U ALL BETTER STAY AWAKE N OPEN UR EYES....
THE SPECIAL FORCE IS COMING AFTER U.....

haha u call me? i am the special FORCE ! walk in gym 2 hours and grow muscle.

duly noted....that shall be my mantra gg forward here....

is called 'act brur'

pengful;991828 said:
Admin/ mod should quickly deal with the following:
1) people whose purpose in this forum is to sell stuffs they claimed were own/ used and you see them selling the same stuffs again and again.
2) The other group is the super hao lian, super obnoxious one boasting they are damned rich and challenge people to give singpass to check wealth. You all know which case I am referring to. (and they can act like newbie when they asked that stupid qn).

To do my part, I will immi report the above 2 types.

Oh, I finally captured the bola already - no wonder I kept seeing requests for Singpass! :lol2::lol2::lol2:

iScoupe;991829 said:
haha u call me? i am the special FORCE ! walk in gym 2 hours and grow muscle.

you're someone who provides "special"

Want to help ....help. Think its stupid ..... you have your options.[/QUOTE]

People who knows me knows I m not Internet hero.....in person wat can u do or wat u want to do

NO POLICE INVOLVED LIM PENG ON U ANYTHING

Hi, 我是警察。
10 char

*ran out of popcorn*

Eh, got new admin. From where one?

SLK69;991835 said:
People who knows me knows I m not Internet hero.....in person wat can u do or wat u want to do

NO POLICE INVOLVED LIM PENG ON U ANYTHING

u da man. i bring a bell. i "ding ding" who not happy hoot... then hug then become friend.
NO beat NO know each other. (exclude beat aeroplane)

SLK69;991739 said:
Knn cos mirage I no share la.....

nnb...then 鑫天地 (verge) got bo....can poh your name and get better service? kekeke

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jisanmia

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back