Re: Forum recently in war

iScoupe;991721 said:
Club Sandy 万岁!

Pls wash ur car. Quite dirty already.
Saw in carpark i wanna scratch it.
But later make my key dirty.
Pls wash first ya?

wow i did not know it was getting so serous.

admin... FYI your forum GOT VIRUS.

don't believe just try to google for stuff that links to this forum. whenever you click on a link from google there's some chance you will get redirected to some spam site.

Yes, the forum is a place to chill out and have fun and have good BMW discussions.

All the admins want - is for members to be civil, polite and at the very least, NOT TO ANSWER if you have nothing constructive to add.

The trend recently in the past few weeks is the regular and 'old school' members are becoming extremely nasty in terms of engaging the new forum members and they're sending in their feedback to us for review.

Hey - if you can't stand their questions or find them too 'dumb' or 'smart alec', click 'Back' on your internet browser and continue on your merry way.

That's all we ask.

You were new here once.

You didn't know a lot more info before compared to what you do know today. Does that give you a 'right' to be degrading towards a new member on the forums? Is that what we're all aspiring to be? An 'elite' group that shuns away newbies?

We welcome humour, definitely welcome banter. But we do not want to create a hostile and negative environment where new forum members are afraid to start discussions - where a 'group' of seasoned members come in to bully, harass and even gang up on them.

BMW.SG is nothing without its members as you mentioned... very true.

That said - we get over 1,900 UNIQUE visitors to our forums every day. (see screen shot below) We take decisions for the welfare and majority of the community (especially those who are silent) who comes to learn from the forums every day. Unless you want them to continuously see negative posts in every thread and have this forum degrade to the point that we earn the title of 'Most horrible forum in Singapore' - then please go ahead.

But we won't allow that to happen by doing nothing.

View attachment 50498

See.. the thing is - it's difficult to always ban friends and members on the forum. Especially those who you've known for years.

I know and respect these guys in real life, especially when they're successful individuals in their own respective fields. But when things cross borders online - We have to put on our blinkers for the sake of the greater community - especially those who don't say anything.

We don't usually step in until things get bad. And yes, things got bad. To the point we had to remove personal and identifying information about a particular member due to retaliation. (seriously not funny)

We just ask of all to be civil and polite to every one. You never know who you might meet online.

You can decide to be a joker in the lounge area - we don't really bother.

But don't be an ass to the point someone decides to take it up a notch and sends the stuff you post to your spouse/partner/business associate.

If you want to bitch about a company - We can't stop you - but just remember they may sue you and that's not fun either.

Watch your language, watch your tone and be nice to members (new and old). (if you can't then just don't reply to threads that you don't want to see).

pengful;991621 said:
Bobby, though I have never met you I think what you said made a lot of sense. This forum is like a kopi tiam like some said. You talk cock you sing song and occasionally you answer a few stupid qns that are google-able (got such word or not?). Anyway, the silly answers (because of silly qns) became OT but, but, but they were enjoyable OT. The subtle message to the silly qn asker is.... go figure and go to a f**king workshop!

I don't think this forum is a place where nothing gets answered. Many of us have shared our car breakdown stories or save money stories (if you bother to search) and it annoys the hell out of everyone when silly qns get asked again. The most annoying part is you try to ignore, don't answer and some smart alek will BUMP it up again... argghhhh!

Anyway, what I want to say is this forum is a great place to be in, but please bring with you some sense of humor, and all will be good. Btw, where are MW, Kenn, Toto, etc? I will say for the record, without them (of course C3PO, Milk, iscoupe, sszone, jonleek, too many I cannot name all), BMW.SG is NOTHING.

Peace and sleep well... (just came back from biking around my house park connector and now my ka chng very peng, I mean pain).

Sent you a PM
detach8;991725 said:
wow i did not know it was getting so serous.

admin... FYI your forum GOT VIRUS.

don't believe just try to google for stuff that links to this forum. whenever you click on a link from google there's some chance you will get redirected to some spam site.

It's serious that BOBBY decided to stop eating his da Lian mian to start this thread.
Serious that some mods n well respected lao jiao came out of seclusion.

Can we encourage newcomers to utilize the search function more often? Especially in the welcome PM, dun just ask them to come for meet up only but more on "search before u ask". Everyone will try to answer if no answers can be found from the searcha as everyone will be happy to learn more as we share. Perhaps if they understand about this function and the importance to do some simple search before posting, it might make the situation better?

Are we able to remove the yellow card of our all time favs? Is not easy to find people that even bother to post more than 14000 post. 无功也有劳. It's not the best comments at times, I kena when I first joined as well, haha but it's really entertaining after a while. It depends on how we look at things at times. I believe there's no perfect forum member nor moderators, shouldn't we give and take in such a big family?

Lesson learn n time to move on. No decision is perfect but improving the solution might help. Cheers cheers cheers.

arsenal62;991556 said:
you never mention mirage?

Knn cos mirage I no share la.....
chicane;991578 said:
Well, if not happy with admin, either quit the forum or apply to be admin lor. Not stirring shit but it's like that one what.

Maybe can try spammy boy
jonleeck;991601 said:
I love u bro....
I got quads pipe.. and united are champion.

Gays sign lai Liao

davidtch;991602 said:
Actually, i used the method mentioned above to teach new stuff. Ez way, ppl nvr rem. Only thru blood & sweat, ppl rem.

Through my yrs of BMW ownership, i have alternator failure, fuel pump failure and whatever. 1st thing to do is go WS.

Ok u won $50 ntuc vouchers

pengful;991621 said:
Bobby, though I have never met you I think what you said made a lot of sense. This forum is like a kopi tiam like some said. You talk cock you sing song and occasionally you answer a few stupid qns that are google-able (got such word or not?). Anyway, the silly answers (because of silly qns) became OT but, but, but they were enjoyable OT. The subtle message to the silly qn asker is.... go figure and go to a f**king workshop!

I don't think this forum is a place where nothing gets answered. Many of us have shared our car breakdown stories or save money stories (if you bother to search) and it annoys the hell out of everyone when silly qns get asked again. The most annoying part is you try to ignore, don't answer and some smart alek will BUMP it up again... argghhhh!

Anyway, what I want to say is this forum is a great place to be in, but please bring with you some sense of humor, and all will be good. Btw, where are MW, Kenn, Toto, etc? I will say for the record, without them (of course C3PO, Milk, iscoupe, sszone, jonleek, too many I cannot name all), BMW.SG is NOTHING.

Peace and sleep well... (just came back from biking around my house park connector and now my ka chng very peng, I mean pain).

Thank you for ur understanding for me.....

wobbles;991634 said:
MW's profile shows that he's been banned!?!? I can't even find Toto's profile!? Has he been deleted? What's happening?

When u go out wif toto ...a lot of people like stadium...u will mot find him too..

Buywellsellwell;991736 said:
It's serious that BOBBY decided to stop eating his da Lian mian to start this thread.
Serious that some mods n well respected lao jiao came out of seclusion.

Can we encourage newcomers to utilize the search function more often? Especially in the welcome PM, dun just ask them to come for meet up only but more on "search before u ask". Everyone will try to answer if no answers can be found from the searcha as everyone will be happy to learn more as we share. Perhaps if they understand about this function and the importance to do some simple search before posting, it might make the situation better?

Are we able to remove the yellow card of our all time favs? Is not easy to find people that even bother to post more than 14000 post. 无功也有劳. It's not the best comments at times, I kena when I first joined as well, haha but it's really entertaining after a while. It depends on how we look at things at times. I believe there's no perfect forum member nor moderators, shouldn't we give and take in such a big family?

Lesson learn n time to move on. No decision is perfect but improving the solution might help. Cheers cheers cheers.

Knn I eat wat u also know...slow Liao la.....

OK RYAN...CAN I BE ADMIN...AND PEACE MAKER...

Bobby cannot sleep? Or just finish noodles? I bro never say which kind of noodle.

All is said and done, and as mentioned, we were newbies once. However, over the years, the database of knowledge has grown to an immense size and nothing that has not been encountered has not been asked. Yes, we asked WHEN there was no body of knowledge. However, over the years, IT IS ALL HERE!

why can the newbies do a simple SEARCH before being spoonfed. Gets obnoxius and the thread ultimately makes the TS look real silly, or a real strawberry.

Nuff said, if the newbies can come and cause ruckus like this, I do not see myself hanging here too long too. I was a member since ye ol days of 2003, and I HAVE SEEN THE CHANGE IN THE WAY the new ones ask.

Even in MCF, where i am MOD, strictly a SEARCH is mandated. If a duplicate thread is started, then a warning is effected.

Just my views. Can choose to ignore an old man/member/etc

Good day all

Radon39;991755 said:
All is said and done, and as mentioned, we were newbies once. However, over the years, the database of knowledge has grown to an immense size and nothing that has not been encountered has not been asked. Yes, we asked WHEN there was no body of knowledge. However, over the years, IT IS ALL HERE!

why can the newbies do a simple SEARCH before being spoonfed. Gets obnoxius and the thread ultimately makes the TS look real silly, or a real strawberry.

Nuff said, if the newbies can come and cause ruckus like this, I do not see myself hanging here too long too. I was a member since ye ol days of 2003, and I HAVE SEEN THE CHANGE IN THE WAY the new ones ask.

Even in MCF, where i am MOD, strictly a SEARCH is mandated. If a duplicate thread is started, then a warning is effected.

Just my views. Can choose to ignore an old man/member/etc

Good day all

Bro, strawberry generation nowadays. Remember? Maid to carry backpack, mother to wipe ass after farting, misplaced and inflated sense of self-entitlement and the egocentric illusion that the entire forum exists only to appease/support/answer their dumbfcuk questions.

Give chance lah. If our million dollar ministers can't come up with another solution to our problems other than INCREASE LEVIES, UP TAXES and the MPs are more bothered about political theatrics and arguing about AIM and FMSS as opposed to actually helping their constituents, what do you expect these bunch of lazy, self-important, in your face, KPKB-to-admin-at-the-slightest-issue newbies to do?

No need to get the proverbial knickers in a knot over them - just take a deep breath, shake your head and enjoy the long drive returning 11.5 amazing km/L to work and back. At least you got that to look forward to everyday :). Have a good Friday at work, and a better weekend ahead!

Cheers bro! I have taken my mantra here as well, ie, 'dun sweat the small stuff'.....and let the 'whatever u call it' continue.....at least, it is an effort not to get too affected

a gd weekend to you too buddy!

but why MW kana ban?....mmmmmmmmmmmmmh nvm!
he should be ban for not taking out his comb while playing sex cam...

Note to Admins:

- don't you think you are over protecting the newbies at the expense of the seniors?
- are seniors taken for granted since they, probably in your view, have more to lose?

I am neither a senior or newbie. Just trying to take an objective view of how the recnet issues are being handled.

Are there so many new sign-ups (and active members) everyday that you are taking them so seriously at the expense of the seniors?

Lastly, I think being too judgemental and imposing bans on such trivial "offences" are absolutely not necessary in a forum. It is a turn off, really. Everyone should learn to accomodate each other. It will take time. Why the haste?

You acted on newbies' complaints. Perhaps you should act on views on the other side of the fence now.

There are more pertinent issues that need fixing in my view:
- monthly meetups
- events
- admins' / moderators' participation

Improving face-to-face engagements will help. There is a reason why I have not attended any monthly meetups.

Also, admins and moderators should take a more active participation in the forums. If current admins are too busy, appoint someone else that could do that job. Change the admins at any point if they are not up to the task.

ryan;991729 said:
Yes, the forum is a place to chill out and have fun and have good BMW discussions.

All the admins want - is for members to be civil, polite and at the very least, NOT TO ANSWER if you have nothing constructive to add.

The trend recently in the past few weeks is the regular and 'old school' members are becoming extremely nasty in terms of engaging the new forum members and they're sending in their feedback to us for review.

Hey - if you can't stand their questions or find them too 'dumb' or 'smart alec', click 'Back' on your internet browser and continue on your merry way.

That's all we ask.

Well said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back