Fuel consumption current model 523i and 525i

dyschan

Hi to all current model 5 series drivers, can you advise on your fuel consumption. Looking at upgrading to 5-series, but concern about the fuel usage.

Thanks

Re: Fuel consumption current model 523i and 525i

Hi, my 3 weeks old 523i FC can hardly hit 8km/ltr(after 3 tanks full), est. 70% to 80% expressway. I personally feel that the FC is high.
Any comments from others 523i owner?

Hi Bros...dont tok abt the 523i, frankly all the 5-series are very thirsty...and when the needle drops...my heart drops too...Hahahahha...

bugaboo said:
523i also. obc shows 8.8km/l

Bugaboo, did u do the manual calculation by dividing the number of litres actually pumped into the tank with the mileage shown on the odometer after running out that tank?

On my e39 525i, obc shows 9.2km/l but actual is more like 7km/l.

Wld appear that both the old and new 5 series are heavy drinkers.

hi t6.
no. i just read off the obc. i wonder if workhorse's 8km/l is read off the obc as well.

by my estimates, about 55l per topup. gets me about 450km conservatively.
so its about 8.1km/l estimate.

its definitely less thirsty than 3.0 x5 :) but less responsive i feel. miss the x5.

bugaboo said:
hi t6.
by my estimates, about 55l per topup. gets me about 450km conservatively.
so its about 8.1km/l estimate.

Those numbers are very good. For me, with 60litres, I am getting anything between 400km to 440km depending on driving style and routes for the week.

Go chip your car lah. From 231 bhp to 177bhp sure will miss the old ride one.

Hi Bugaboo & T6

Thks for your sharing.

My mileage is not derived from the OBC, but from manual ave. record of dist. travel against litres of petrol top up to the rim. So far I hardly hit 8km/ltr, on ave. about 7.8km/ltr, I guess it will get worse after I run in the engine!
Any comments from E60 owners?

Any Truth in Putting in Chip will reduce FC?

Dear Owners, anyone know that by replacing the chip in E34 with a performance chip will increase Bhp as well as reducing the FC? Pls advise.

Re: Any Truth in Putting in Chip will reduce FC?

Tried it on e34. Increase in performance/response significant, but FC increased same amount. But total drivability and smoothness quiteness also improved. Back to stock chip till oil prices stabilize.

My 523I F10 also very thirsty, thinking to remap the ECU. As mentioned by OBD the tunning increase power n torque at the same time REDUCE FC.....
Too good to be true.. any true life example?

Re: Fuel consumption current model 523i and 525i - please advise

On my 2004 525, I am getting about 8km/L (30% city /70% highway) but now with jams on our highways almost during the day/and even some times at night..... I think its more like 50% city and 50% idling....)

dyschan;62580 said:
Hi to all current model 5 series drivers, can you advise on your fuel consumption. Looking at upgrading to 5-series, but concern about the fuel usage.

Thanks

IMHO, if concern about FC, please forget about BMW.

BMW (especially 5) is a heavy car (around 1.5 ton). It will definitely drink a lot in the city with start-stop traffic.

limmax1;660358 said:
My 523I F10 also very thirsty, thinking to remap the ECU. As mentioned by OBD the tunning increase power n torque at the same time REDUCE FC.....
Too good to be true.. any true life example?

Fyi, no ECU Remap/PowerBox for F10 523i available yet :errr:

E60 is 1.7 tons there about. My >4 years old 525i does about 7-8km/l when doing 70% city and 30% highway, but the FC improves dramatically to 10-11km/l when doing 70% highway and 30% city. And for 90% highway like driving to KL, it only consumes half tank from Tuas to KL city centre, i.e. >12km/l.

If want good FC, get a Toyota or Lexus. They are very frugal on fuel when driven normally (light on the accelerator). But what is the point, the drive will be dead boring without the handling of the ultimate driving machine.

Last edited by a moderator:

156F1;660961 said:
E60 is 1.7 tons there about. My >4 years old 525i does about 7-8km/l when doing 70% city and 30% highway, but the FC improves dramatically to 10-11km/l when doing 70% highway and 30% city. And for 90% highway like driving to KL, it only consumes half tank from Tuas to KL city centre, i.e. >12km/l.

If want good FC, get a Toyota or Lexus. They are very frugal on fuel when driven normally (light on the accelerator). But what is the point, the drive will be dead boring without the handling of the ultimate driving machine.
E60 cannot be 1.7 ton unless 550 loh. If 1.7ton, N46 no power man.

davidtch;660971 said:
E60 cannot be 1.7 ton unless 550 loh. If 1.7ton, N46 no power man.

You're right. E60 is not 1.7 tons. Just check the owner's manual for 2006 specs. The kerb weight is 1570kg for an auto 525i without options but with 75kg load (about an average adult male) plus 90% full tank of fuel. So with options such as adaptive headlights, pro-nav iDrive, etc plus barang barang (mobility kit, car care stuffs, vacuum cleaner, touch light, emergency use water and engine oil, etc) and me being overweight, think probably at least 1,650kg for my E60 I guess.

156F1;661061 said:
You're right. E60 is not 1.7 tons. Just check the owner's manual for 2006 specs. The kerb weight is 1570kg for an auto 525i without options but with 75kg load (about an average adult male) plus 90% full tank of fuel. So with options such as adaptive headlights, pro-nav iDrive, etc plus barang barang (mobility kit, car care stuffs, vacuum cleaner, touch light, emergency use water and engine oil, etc) and me being overweight, think probably at least 1,650kg for my E60 I guess.
That's why i keep my car wif as little as things as possible. Every kg add to the car will reduce its performance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pwin777orgph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back