G30 owners please fall in!

Hi All, just received my ride 2 weeks ago. Its a PI car, Ride experience is fantastic; but I am confused by all the tech that are built into the car. My car comes with the park assist plus with 360 cam, comfort access, apple car play, bmw connected drive services. Appreciate some expert advice on the following:

1) Driver assist (the green button next to the hazard light). Is it true that the g30 comes standard with anti collision and pedestrian warning? For anti collision, was able to see a range setting of "early", "late" or something during demo. But now I cannot find this setting when I pressed on the green button. I tested the function by tailgating a car, but no warning came. Setting was at "All on"

2) When i received the car, the gps comes with 3d building view. Now its showing normal view like what you see in the google map. Went through the menu, "3d" setting was checked.

3) BMW connected drive as i understand has limited function if it is a PI unit. Was only able to see weather and news. My car was a UK unit. Is there anyway i can activate the other function? I was told i needed a UK address to "register" the car, but I could not even "add this vehicle". I am however able to see the fuel level and the total range. Will the feature remote view be available?

4) Apple car play, seem like i can only get limited apps on the menu. How do get it to run "waze" or "google map"?

On a note, the car initially has a "USB error" and they were not able to load the Sgp & Malaysia map. A new head unit has to be replaced before delivery. Could it be the new head unit not uploaded with the right software package?

Would really appreciate some good advices here before i take it up with the dealer.

Oh by the way....mine is 530i in Sophisto Grey.

Thank you.
Michael

Hi everyone,

Mango3 - 530i lux mineral white

Have been following this forum, hoping to join in when there is another round of gathering.
Not much help from PI sales guy, so have to rely on DIY to setup.

I have similar Q3 question as Michael.

And I have another, what will happen if I continue to register locally by adding the car?

61360-ab283a2bcf1f4a423ba4247bb6f877cb.jpg

I notice some services has been activated till 2020.

cheers!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 185
Hi Michael, Congrats on your new car, im only able to share some info on S/N 1 on Driver Assistance Systems. My car is also from PI. I'm generalizing here but only PI and management units from PML have the "intelligent Safety Button". For our car, Collision Warning consist of

1. Frontal Collision warning with city collision warning mitigation
2. Daytime Pedestrian protection Features

These are optional functions but i guess the PI spec it for you or was part of the package when he bought it. You should have a KAFAS camera when you have this option

The system warns the driver in situations where a collision is imminent. Or when a pedestrian is close to the car. The early warning is a visual signal, the 2nd signal is a acoustic sound. Personally, i did not hear the acoustic sound when tailgating, i managed to get it to activate when i brake late for Frontal Collision warning

To access the settings,
Press the Intelligent Safety Button once - its the button next to the hazard light button
Use the I drive to scroll to individual and select individual.
All the settings for the various safety systems will be displayed and you can adjust the early or late settings as you deem fit.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. The setting is in "Early" but no visual signal. I do notice the camera view & audio warning comes on when I stop very close to a car at a red light. I don't think this is the anti collision, but i could be wong. Have not seen any visual warning when cruising on the expressway.

Hi everyone,

Mango3 - 530i lux mineral white

Have been following this forum, hoping to join in when there is another round of gathering.
Not much help from PI sales guy, so have to rely on DIY to setup.

I have similar Q3 question as Michael.

And I have another, what will happen if I continue to register locally by adding the car?

61360-ab283a2bcf1f4a423ba4247bb6f877cb.jpg

I notice some services has been activated till 2020.

cheers!
I could not get past this stage....error message pops up. What services did you have activated?

Thanks. The setting is in "Early" but no visual signal. I do notice the camera view & audio warning comes on when I stop very close to a car at a red light. I don't think this is the anti collision, but i could be wong. Have not seen any visual warning when cruising on the expressway.
Mine appears on the HUD. Understand that it appears on the instrument cluster as well but its easily missed as the driver is concentrating on whats happening in front.

Hi All, just received my ride 2 weeks ago. Its a PI car, Ride experience is fantastic; but I am confused by all the tech that are built into the car. My car comes with the park assist plus with 360 cam, comfort access, apple car play, bmw connected drive services. Appreciate some expert advice on the following:

1) Driver assist (the green button next to the hazard light). Is it true that the g30 comes standard with anti collision and pedestrian warning? For anti collision, was able to see a range setting of "early", "late" or something during demo. But now I cannot find this setting when I pressed on the green button. I tested the function by tailgating a car, but no warning came. Setting was at "All on"

2) When i received the car, the gps comes with 3d building view. Now its showing normal view like what you see in the google map. Went through the menu, "3d" setting was checked.

3) BMW connected drive as i understand has limited function if it is a PI unit. Was only able to see weather and news. My car was a UK unit. Is there anyway i can activate the other function? I was told i needed a UK address to "register" the car, but I could not even "add this vehicle". I am however able to see the fuel level and the total range. Will the feature remote view be available?

4) Apple car play, seem like i can only get limited apps on the menu. How do get it to run "waze" or "google map"?

On a note, the car initially has a "USB error" and they were not able to load the Sgp & Malaysia map. A new head unit has to be replaced before delivery. Could it be the new head unit not uploaded with the right software package?

Would really appreciate some good advices here before i take it up with the dealer.

Oh by the way....mine is 530i in Sophisto Grey.

Thank you.
Michael

Nice. .seems higher spec then mine. I don't have the button next to hazard light, no apply car play

Hi guys,
Just did my first servicing with PML yesterday.
Just sharing a finding, which made me ponder.

I told Service Advisor that my car feels tail happy.
He later informed that my 520d is 4WD.

I was like... really? I thought...
Then I did a quick web-search to discover this.
https://www.car.info/en-se/bmw/5-series/g30-10600472
Point for sharing is that, this may answer some earlier discussions on FC, etc...?

So the service advisor is bull shitting but is it true it’s tail happy? If that’s that case wider tyres and lowering may help. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys - where’s a good place to shop for rims ?

Depending on what brand you looking for. Mine was purchased from AC Gruppen, the Boss is Jun. There are a few owners here also got from him[emoji4]. Please note that I am not related nor have any business interest with them, just sharing.

Agreed! I'm checking out rims now, as the stock rims can't cater much to bigger tyres.

As for tail happy, it is for me.
Hopefully it holds better. Thanks!

So the service advisor is bull shitting but is it true it’s tail happy? If that’s that case wider tyres and lowering may help. Cheers!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868org
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back