G30 owners please fall in!

Will carbon fibre looks weird with BlueStone Metallic? My ride below:

5e1981922898bf94269c15ced44141be.jpg
61034bebf4f77ecc5ca23a4eb5f4f26a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same colour as me !!

Should be fine with some carbon parts on it ! Have you seen the M4 in silverstone ?

Similar kinda look

Hi everyone,

Mango3 - 530i lux mineral white

Have been following this forum, hoping to join in when there is another round of gathering.
Not much help from PI sales guy, so have to rely on DIY to setup.

I have similar Q3 question as Michael.

And I have another, what will happen if I continue to register locally by adding the car?

61360-ab283a2bcf1f4a423ba4247bb6f877cb.jpg

I notice some services has been activated till 2020.

cheers!
You have to register your car, not in Asia or SG site, if yours is UK PI car you have to register your car on below UK webpage. If unfortunately it had already been registered in UK, you need to write to BMW.UK for help to unregister it first. If not, it will be easy, once your registered your car in the correct webpage, a password will be send to your car. Go ConnectedDrive to retrieve the password to complete your UK registration. Once done, you are connected.

http://m.bmw.co.uk/en_gb/bmw-ownership/connecteddrive/digital-services/bmw-connected

Mine is fitted with all the original M carbon kit except the rims is different. It’s the 20’inch fm the 540

Agreed! I'm checking out rims now, as the stock rims can't cater much to bigger tyres.

As for tail happy, it is for me.
Hopefully it holds better. Thanks!
Funny thing is,i always wanted a job at PML,you know like,getting to drive to malaysia with the convoy as the last car,maybe angkat those Ultra high networth ppl and drive their cars for the week? Alas,the service staff at PML have really done it this time! Maybe the service staff is a newbie la..anyway,there are xdrives for the 520d but AFAIK,PML only brought in the RWD cars

Tail happy? More reason that your car is a RWD then an AWD... I suspect 1st gear must have turned off DSC and floored it into the corner?High torque could have contributed plus the weight in the corners may also have triggered it but dare not try,if go into oversteer and cannot recover and no sand bank to protect me,then i'll be crying liao...

On the topic of wheels,i usually prefere to buy online amd ship back but was recommended to AC Gruppen by Silly 5 and someone outside the BMW fraternity so thought i give it a try.

Call me a noob but Ive never heard most of the brands Jun carries but i can say is that hes dedicated to job/clients. Hes also easy going, u can say i talk big or maybe age has caught up with me and its not always "cheapest bid wins" nowadays. Buying from Jun has been happy so far but his shop front would not be a "candy store" compared to the other bigger players.

All i can say, give Jun a try or a chat, test him if u like then judge for yourself. I bought a set of rotiform forged monoblocks and front BBK from him. Not sure how the wheels will look on the car and so on but ive been happy with how im being serviced so far.

I bought rotiform dus monoblocks 20",8.5(F)ET27 and 9.5(R)ET28. Hope it has good concavity.

Last edited:
Where did u get it done bro ? Thinking of doing the front lip , boot lip and black grill

You can look up JSM motorsports if u want lesser hassle or you can also look to our site sponsor,Eng Soon and bring to yr usual panel beater to have it sprayed. The last suggestion is u buy online(ive bought from ECS tuning from the US),i found their prices ok provided u buy the whole set,bulk of the cost comes from shipping but u need to know the part numbers too.

If u want hassle free,maybe can consider JSM. I have not been to them yet. Only got a quote and not made a move as Im afraid the front lip may scratch if both the lip and springs are fitted.

Will carbon fibre looks weird with BlueStone Metallic? My ride below:

5e1981922898bf94269c15ced44141be.jpg
61034bebf4f77ecc5ca23a4eb5f4f26a.jpg

Hi Meng Teck,my personal view is that it may be too obvious. I could b wrong. Maybe others can give theie opinions too...Maybe u can get the non CF one and spray it in yr car colour?

Guess so too. But dies the spoiler really helps or more for aesthetics purpose only?

You have to register your car, not in Asia or SG site, if yours is UK PI car you have to register your car on below UK webpage. If unfortunately it had already been registered in UK, you need to write to BMW.UK for help to unregister it first. If not, it will be easy, once your registered your car in the correct webpage, a password will be send to your car. Go ConnectedDrive to retrieve the password to complete your UK registration. Once done, you are connected.

http://m.bmw.co.uk/en_gb/bmw-ownership/connecteddrive/digital-services/bmw-connected

Thanks. I will try as per your advice. Appreciate the information sharing.

I could not get past this stage....error message pops up. What services did you have activated?

Hi,

Thanks for the advise.

Hi Silly 5,

Thanks for your sharing. Have managed to register vehicle via the uk website.

Wat functions does registering does in term of local context?

Cheers!

I could not get past this stage....error message pops up. What services did you have activated?

I change country to uk and managed to register. But still unable to figure out wat they do.

Especially the apply carplay preparation. Hp display not able to display on screen.

Hi,

Thanks for the advise.

Hi Silly 5,

Thanks for your sharing. Have managed to register vehicle via the uk website.

Wat functions does registering does in term of local context?

Cheers!

It depends on what services your car already have. If you want to buy more Services,you will need a UK address.

Wow dude, humble!
You are also a high networth person leh.
But I do agree on the convoy fun.
Maybe we could organise a small 5 car convoy breakfast drive (a short 1-2hr breakfast drive)?

As for tail happy, my earlier few 3-series and 5-series are all RWD.
The G30's body-roll and tail happy nature is alittle different.

Next meet-up, if there's time, I share with you my concerns.
I'll go check out the rims, tyres, struts and suspensions for a start (not sure if PML will find issues with warranty issues after the suspension and strut changes).
But thanks for the rims contact bro!

Funny thing is,i always wanted a job at PML,you know like,getting to drive to malaysia with the convoy as the last car,maybe angkat those Ultra high networth ppl and drive their cars for the week? Alas,the service staff at PML have really done it this time! Maybe the service staff is a newbie la..anyway,there are xdrives for the 520d but AFAIK,PML only brought in the RWD cars

Tail happy? More reason that your car is a RWD then an AWD... I suspect 1st gear must have turned off DSC and floored it into the corner?High torque could have contributed plus the weight in the corners may also have triggered it but dare not try,if go into oversteer and cannot recover and no sand bank to protect me,then i'll be crying liao...

On the topic of wheels,i usually prefere to buy online amd ship back but was recommended to AC Gruppen by Silly 5 and someone outside the BMW fraternity so thought i give it a try.

Call me a noob but Ive never heard most of the brands Jun carries but i can say is that hes dedicated to job/clients. Hes also easy going, u can say i talk big or maybe age has caught up with me and its not always "cheapest bid wins" nowadays. Buying from Jun has been happy so far but his shop front would not be a "candy store" compared to the other bigger players.

All i can say, give Jun a try or a chat, test him if u like then judge for yourself. I bought a set of rotiform forged monoblocks and front BBK from him. Not sure how the wheels will look on the car and so on but ive been happy with how im being serviced so far.

I bought rotiform dus monoblocks 20",8.5(F)ET27 and 9.5(R)ET28. Hope it has good concavity.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868org
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back