G30 owners please fall in!

IMO, the F06 was and is still one of the best looking coupe/GC in the market. I tend to believe the 4 and to a certain extent the 5 are modeled to look like the 6er esp from the rear - streteched. Even the new Merc C and E coupe looks like the 6-er from the rear.

Comparing the G30 (530i) to the F06, I feel that the G30 is more nimble in that it feels like a smaller car to manage. In fact, I feel that the G11 is more nimble than the F06 and that could be due to the carbon core frame! In addition, the butt feel on the 2 engines for 530 (B48) vs 640 (N55) is quite close even though it is a 4 vs IL6 but of course the IL6 is creamy smooth when revved. As for the space, you are absolutely right in that while the F06 is a bigger car on the outside (which makes it less nimble), the space inside, esp the rear is really CMI when you have a 3rd rear passenger. Judging from the discussions above, I take it that you are a modster? If so, don’t bother getting the 6-er as 3rd party parts is very hard to come by or expensive. You basically have to go original (e.g. M Performance etc) and that is provided they even have them! The new Panny is unfortunately still a 2+2; as for CLS, I never thought much about Merc :).

I thought of getting the new 6 replacing the EOL whenever that might be but my hope was dashed when I read that the coupe/GC will be discontinued and replaced with a new 6 GT!?!? On picture, IMO the looks of the newly launched 6 GT basically destroyed the pristine sleek lines of the 6er. Maybe it will slowly grow on me after couple of years and by then, about right to change :yummie:?

Its intresting u mentioned F06 coz i did consider or my wife did say...."it'll be nice for us to have one" but i managed to convince her that the car is nearing EOL and the rear was not as spacious as the 5. Have to admit the sloping roof line makes it super sexy. Mind if i ask if you are driving a 5 now?would like to hear how the two compare? Does the 6 have the feeling that its long and not as manoeuvrable as the 5? Or would be driving a Panamera or CLS now? Can give a short comparison review?

Sorry,i'll keep in mind to avoid Sundays..

IMO, the F06 was and is still one of the best looking coupe/GC in the market. I tend to believe the 4 and to a certain extent the 5 are modeled to look like the 6er esp from the rear - streteched. Even the new Merc C and E coupe looks like the 6-er from the rear.

Comparing the G30 (530i) to the F06, I feel that the G30 is more nimble in that it feels like a smaller car to manage. In fact, I feel that the G11 is more nimble than the F06 and that could be due to the carbon core frame! In addition, the butt feel on the 2 engines for 530 (B48) vs 640 (N55) is quite close even though it is a 4 vs IL6 but of course the IL6 is creamy smooth when revved. As for the space, you are absolutely right in that while the F06 is a bigger car on the outside (which makes it less nimble), the space inside, esp the rear is really CMI when you have a 3rd rear passenger. Judging from the discussions above, I take it that you are a modster? If so, don’t bother getting the 6-er as 3rd party parts is very hard to come by or expensive. You basically have to go original (e.g. M Performance etc) and that is provided they even have them! The new Panny is unfortunately still a 2+2; as for CLS, I never thought much about Merc :).

I thought of getting the new 6 replacing the EOL whenever that might be but my hope was dashed when I read that the coupe/GC will be discontinued and replaced with a new 6 GT!?!? On picture, IMO the looks of the newly launched 6 GT basically destroyed the pristine sleek lines of the 6er. Maybe it will slowly grow on me after couple of years and by then, about right to change :yummie:?

Agree that the F06 looks better than the Panamera and CLS. Best looking 4dr coupe in my opinion..Im also relived to hear that the 5 drives better than the 6GC. Thanks for the review.
The 6GT is based on the 5 platform rite?so its actually a 5 but badged as a 6?Also agree that the 6GT doesn't look as slick as the usual sixers.
So...did u replace the F06 with a G11 or G30?

Dear forum members,some of u may be busy,occupied or overseas or simply not intrested to attend but for the rest who are not,the rest of us talkative fellas would really hope you can attend.look forward to hearing from you anytime from now to 11nov. I will repost reminders weekly if i can remember.....

Friends and Fans of the BMW G30 Meetup
Date : 12 Nov (Sunday morning)
Time : 9am
Venue : Kallang McDonald's Carpark

Attendees
  1. Silly 5
  2. Mark 1919
  3. hohlim
  4. REND
  5. TezzaRed
Oops so sorry for the late reply Hohlim! Recently busy with new house renovation so even online is looking those Reno related forums. :p

For the meet up can only confirm closer to the date as I am planning to move to around that time too.

Oops so sorry for the late reply Hohlim! Recently busy with new house renovation so even online is looking those Reno related forums. :p

For the meet up can only confirm closer to the date as I am planning to move to around that time too.
Thanks for replying bro,no prob,settle your reno 1st. Its damn stressful renovating...

Usually change the intake pipe because the original plastic intake pipe is known to crack/burst if boost too much[emoji28].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Likely to be expensive..recall last time CF intake by gruppeM was a few k..i til it was between 2-3k..so will likely stay away from this.

Likely to be expensive..recall last time CF intake by gruppeM was a few k..i til it was between 2-3k..so will likely stay away from this.

I am requesting Speedhaus to order my intake pipe. It’s ER Stainless steel intake pipe, slightly below 1k. [emoji28]...

I am requesting Speedhaus to order my intake pipe. It’s ER Stainless steel intake pipe, slightly below 1k. [emoji28]...

Hi All, just to clarify, I meant the intake charge pipe...not the same as what Hohlim is talking about[emoji28]. Sorry sorry[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups