G30 owners please fall in!

哈哈哈 the black part on the Brembo. Without that our parking brakes does not work.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its the auto hold function that helps you stop at the lights but they call it electric parking brake. Attached original for info. Those rear calipers on the brembo look much bigger with the actuators than normal 4 pots

Attachments

• ep1.jpg
    ep1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 162
  • EP2.jpg
    EP2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 333
@hohlim - thanks for taking the effort but I am not able to make it on Sunday mornings as I have my church commitment.

Dear forum members,some of u may be busy,occupied or overseas or simply not intrested to attend but for the rest who are not,the rest of us talkative fellas would really hope you can attend.look forward to hearing from you anytime from now to 11nov. I will repost reminders weekly if i can remember.....

Friends and Fans of the BMW G30 Meetup
Date : 12 Nov (Sunday morning)
Time : 9am
Venue : Kallang McDonald's Carpark

Attendees
  1. Silly 5
  2. Mark 1919
  3. hohlim
  4. REND
  5. TezzaRed

I got mine from ES at the same price as well. As for exhaust mod, I used to have the Eisenmann quad sports exhaust on my F06. Even though it is LTA approved, IMO, the sound is sweet :thumbsup: - the subtle rumbling is very apt for the IL6 and is not overly loud as it is after all not a V8/V12. The droning is not too bad because anything lesser, one will start complaining there is no sound effect :). Don't think they have anything for the G30 yet.

Called up ES to ask about the black grille and it cost 130 per piece before GST. Anyone got better options?

Attendees
  1. Silly 5
  2. Mark 1919
  3. hohlim
  4. REND
  5. TezzaRed
  6. Daniel Golfer
  7. Squeaky
Just to get the list back again.

And furthering the discussion on tyres - are you guys saying that 19" tyres aren't as popular or well-stocked in Singapore as compared to 18s & 20s?

Attendees
  1. Silly 5
  2. Mark 1919
  3. hohlim
  4. REND
  5. TezzaRed
  6. Daniel Golfer
  7. Squeaky
Just to get the list back again.

And furthering the discussion on tyres - are you guys saying that 19" tyres aren't as popular or well-stocked in Singapore as compared to 18s & 20s?
I did not mean to generalise but there was one occasion that my rear tires got bald at inner tire wall due to negative camber and the car could not be driven. I was at Balestier at that time and the nearest tire shop did not have 19s for PSSs. He did have Pzero though...This arose when i said i may not change to 20s...for a couple of reasons,additional cost,afraid that stock would not be as available(leading to shops saying,this tire very hard to find:naughty:) and lastly, afraid that as the car grows older with me,i may not like the thin profile look as much...

But will see how when the tires are close to wearing out then see how.

Any experience to share with tires?

@hohlim - thanks for taking the effort but I am not able to make it on Sunday mornings as I have my church commitment.

I got mine from ES at the same price as well. As for exhaust mod, I used to have the Eisenmann quad sports exhaust on my F06. Even though it is LTA approved, IMO, the sound is sweet :thumbsup: - the subtle rumbling is very apt for the IL6 and is not overly loud as it is after all not a V8/V12. The droning is not too bad because anything lesser, one will start complaining there is no sound effect :). Don't think they have anything for the G30 yet.
Its intresting u mentioned F06 coz i did consider or my wife did say...."it'll be nice for us to have one" but i managed to convince her that the car is nearing EOL and the rear was not as spacious as the 5. Have to admit the sloping roof line makes it super sexy. Mind if i ask if you are driving a 5 now?would like to hear how the two compare? Does the 6 have the feeling that its long and not as manoeuvrable as the 5? Or would be driving a Panamera or CLS now? Can give a short comparison review?

Sorry,i'll keep in mind to avoid Sundays..

I did not mean to generalise but there was one occasion that my rear tires got bald at inner tire wall due to negative camber and the car could not be driven. I was at Balestier at that time and the nearest tire shop did not have 19s for PSSs. He did have Pzero though...This arose when i said i may not change to 20s...for a couple of reasons,additional cost,afraid that stock would not be as available(leading to shops saying,this tire very hard to find:naughty:) and lastly, afraid that as the car grows older with me,i may not like the thin profile look as much...

But will see how when the tires are close to wearing out then see how.

Any experience to share with tires?
I had the same experience too with my 19"and with 19"i had such issues so worried what if it's 20". I have customers who complained they had problem getting their 20" as not a lot of tyre shop carry and they need to order

I had the same experience too with my 19"and with 19"i had such issues so worried what if it's 20". I have customers who complained they had problem getting their 20" as not a lot of tyre shop carry and they need to order
Right - so stick to 18s then. LOL

19s already kinda small..18s too much for me to accept. What you running on now for your F10?
18s.. 343M rims.. non-staggered.

I don't disagree with you entirely, but when I see 500km on my journey computer with a quarter tank left to go .. well...

PML is 19” stock for G30 leh and i am not much into mods...
Yup...im kinda torn what to do. Dun look at it as a mod. Look at it as corrective maintenance. After 2-3years of kerb rash and knocks,it'll b good to get a fresh set.:Singer:
After all 19 and 20 is just a small step...now I can understand why Guardian suggested 21" a few thread pages back...or was it someone else?:think:

Yup...im kinda torn what to do. Dun look at it as a mod. Look at it as corrective maintenance. After 2-3years of kerb rash and knocks,it'll b good to get a fresh set.:Singer:
After all 19 and 20 is just a small step...now I can understand why Guardian suggested 21" a few thread pages back...or was it someone else?:think:

Corrective maintenance against kerb rash? LOL

Then get a tyre with a good wall around the rim edge (aka what tyre shops call "tyre protector"). Which usually is found on higher profile tyres. :D

Corrective maintenance against kerb rash? LOL

Then get a tyre with a good wall around the rim edge (aka what tyre shops call "tyre protector"). Which usually is found on higher profile tyres. :D
Talking about higher profile tires ...check out the damage to my tire wall..on my Q7..one of my booboos.Many warned to change but i drove it for another 10k kms before changing. Just to share.

Attachments

• IMG-20161122-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20161122-WA0000.jpeg
    841.9 KB · Views: 157
Talking about higher profile tires ...check out the damage to my tire wall..on my Q7..one of my booboos.Many warned to change but i drove it for another 10k kms before changing. Just to share.
ouch.. imagine if you were on 20s on your G30 - that might cost you the rim (possibly)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back