G30 owners please fall in!

You not only talkative like us, you also invested tons of efforts to make this group interesting [emoji1303][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Else it will be very quiet here. These days everyone is into group chat. :dance:

If ordering custom, you need to inform or clarify with the store what specs they are ordering....Heres what I intend to get..
Front 20x9J with ET 25~30 wheels with 245/35/20 tires with PCD of 112 x 5 with center bore of 66.6mm
Rear 20x10.5J (I may go for 10J) with ET 35~40 wheels with 285/30/20 tires with PCD of 112 x 5 with center bore of 66.6mm

Pics from Kelvin's car...not sure his dimensions but his offset is printed on his wheel. Power right? His front ET is 27 and rear is 34. Guess you are not lowering so no need to worry about rubbing, if you lowering, best to use a little more positive offset.

Front Wheel
View attachment 60472
Rear Wheel

View attachment 60471

As usual very informative and technical on the topic. Thanks!

If ordering custom, you need to inform or clarify with the store what specs they are ordering....Heres what I intend to get..
Front 20x9J with ET 25~30 wheels with 245/35/20 tires with PCD of 112 x 5 with center bore of 66.6mm
Rear 20x10.5J (I may go for 10J) with ET 35~40 wheels with 285/30/20 tires with PCD of 112 x 5 with center bore of 66.6mm

Pics from Kelvin's car...not sure his dimensions but his offset is printed on his wheel. Power right? His front ET is 27 and rear is 34. Guess you are not lowering so no need to worry about rubbing, if you lowering, best to use a little more positive offset.

Front Wheel
View attachment 60472
Rear Wheel

View attachment 60471
That's why i come here to learn.. haha no more lowering. Bad experience with my E93 that i see hump i have to run far away. lol

That's why i come here to learn.. haha no more lowering. Bad experience with my E93 that i see hump i have to run far away. lol

If you like, u can try my ride when we meet up, I use AC Schnitzer lowering spring kit, I like the feel and also it look better[emoji23].

Front Wheel
View attachment 60472
Rear Wheel

View attachment 60471
Pls let me know if anyone is keen or planning to change rims and tyres as I am keen too.

Hi Guys,

It's been a while, had been very busy with work.

Just to update those using Samsung mobile phone, the app allows remote view of our cars now. Previously only iPhone allow that function.

Now, you can use your bmws app on your samsung mobile phone and see your car's 360 deg view and locate it as well!

Enjoy!

Cheers
New5

If you like, u can try my ride when we meet up, I use AC Schnitzer lowering spring kit, I like the feel and also it look better[emoji23].

Hope i don't have to get nagging again as previous ride was like riding a horse. ;)

Pls let me know if anyone is keen or planning to change rims and tyres as I am keen too.
I plan to buy from US direct and ship over here. I have enquired and a set of 4 flow form rims cost USD2400 and forged cost USD8k, for HRE for 20" and takes around 4 months. If you like PI style, just google and set what the site can offer. Forgeline is also another brand I considered.

Intend to get Flow forged rims from HRE, Flow forged are not forged like what Silly5 and Mark1919 (I assume) got, they are a grade better than cast but 1 step down from forged. Plan to get the FF15. Intend to use the 1st set of tires first before changing and I may get 19s as 20s rubber will be more expensive (who am I kidding) but have not decided yet. jfyi

I plan to buy from US direct and ship over here. I have enquired and a set of 4 flow form rims cost USD2400 and forged cost USD8k, for HRE for 20" and takes around 4 months. If you like PI style, just google and set what the site can offer. Forgeline is also another brand I considered.

Intend to get Flow forged rims from HRE, Flow forged are not forged like what Silly5 and Mark1919 (I assume) got, they are a grade better than cast but 1 step down from forged. Plan to get the FF15. Intend to use the 1st set of tires first before changing and I may get 19s as 20s rubber will be more expensive (who am I kidding) but have not decided yet. jfyi
I had problem with my 19 previously when i had puncture on 2 occasion and tyre shop didn't have the size and specs and ended up have to tow to my friend's place for them to help me replace the tyres. That was only 19" so i guess i might not go into 20 if possible but then again it depends.. haha

I had problem with my 19 previously when i had puncture on 2 occasion and tyre shop didn't have the size and specs and ended up have to tow to my friend's place for them to help me replace the tyres. That was only 19" so i guess i might not go into 20 if possible but then again it depends.. haha
I doubt it, sure 20s .

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hope i don't have to get nagging again as previous ride was like riding a horse. ;)
I'm on KW V3s now on my E93. Gonna miss the man. Anyway.. The front dampers leaked after 2 years of usage.
Agree that its a little hard for my age. just a little, rides well on the expressways not on small roads or roads around my home where the LTA are doing the T.E.L. / D.T.L
Understand that ACS is acceptable. Suggest to give Kelvin's car a try before writing off lowering. If you change to 20s and keep stock suspension (non M sport), I'm afraid the look wouldn't cut it. Its subjective. have a look at the Demo car then decide? But yes, changing springs does shorten the life of the dampers somewhat.

Maybe others have other suggestions? Perhaps mixing Bilsteins with springs maybe?

Ya! Who are you kidding? I am pretty sure u realized G30 is huge, having it sitting on 19 cannot make it lah! Of cause if stock I can understand but since you are investing why even consider 19? Really kidding hor?.

I would agree to some extent. I started off using Brigdestone RE11s back in the day, rubbed like crazy then changed to Michelin PS 2 and then Michelin PSS and have been on PSS since. there may newer variations now?Occasionally some shops do not keep stock and will need to order.
It all depends on the brand and the size and availability during that time. If no PSS, Conti CSC 5 also not bad....I feel your pain bro but 20s are common nowadays. Sorry if this is a bias comparison as I did not mention much about Jap brands

I'm on KW V3s now on my E93. Gonna miss the man. Anyway.. The front dampers leaked after 2 years of usage.
Agree that its a little hard for my age. just a little, rides well on the expressways not on small roads or roads around my home where the LTA are doing the T.E.L. / D.T.L
Understand that ACS is acceptable. Suggest to give Kelvin's car a try before writing off lowering. If you change to 20s and keep stock suspension (non M sport), I'm afraid the look wouldn't cut it. Its subjective. have a look at the Demo car then decide? But yes, changing springs does shorten the life of the dampers somewhat.

Maybe others have other suggestions? Perhaps mixing Bilsteins with springs maybe?

Just to clarify, I have no affiliation to ACS, just sharing since I already changed it. And definitely don’t mind being “Demo” car.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

Here’s my thought when changing, why worry about the dampers now, actually isn’t it cheaper to change it when you damaged it after a few years than to change it now when it’s still good?

Ya! Who are you kidding? I am pretty sure u realized G30 is huge, having it sitting on 19 cannot make it lah! Of cause if stock I can understand but since you are investing why even consider 19? Really kidding hor?.

Haha bro pocket not deep enough plus burnt a hole so budget constraint. lol

That was what happened to my E93 too and recently sold off after i changed to M suspension

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8kbetch4
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back