G30 owners please fall in!

Just found out my car is made in Graz,Austria,i intially thought that all 5er would be made in Dingolfing..a little dissapointed that its not made in the "motherland"...what u guys think does it really matter?

Better than knocked down components assembly in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia or india . IMO, nowadays all assembly are robotic so where it’s produce should not have much issues. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes mine pml. Dont hv the vin no at hand.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Well, once you have your VIN, check the alphabet on the 11th character (or the 7th character from the right - whichever is easier for you).

That character is the Plant Code - i.e. it states which plant your BMW was built in.
  • A, F, K – Munich, Germany
  • C, B, D, G – Dingolfing, Germany
  • E, J, P – Regensburg, Germany
  • L, M – Spartanburg, U.S.A
  • N – Roslyn, South Africa
  • W – Graz, Austria
  • V – Leipzig, Germany
Hope that helps.

Better than knocked down components assembly in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia or india . IMO, nowadays all assembly are robotic so where it’s produce should not have much issues. Cheers!

URL: http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/03/03/bmw-5-series-g30-production-started-magna-steyr-graz/

It's to keep up with the huge demand for the car. Dingolfing can, but you have to wait longer for delivery already wor. Are you willing to wait?

:think: :Hehehmn:

Yes mine pml. Dont hv the vin no at hand.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Its not really the wait that irks me,its how my expectations were met,from the beginning,i always thought it would have been built along side the 7 at the fty in Dingolfing. Not that its not a bad car just because its not from Dingolfing but i expected it to be from there and when i checked,it turned out to be Graz.
This stems from the common consensus of some that Toyotas made in Japan will somehow be regarded as superior in terms of quality and reliability as compared to those from Thailand.
I believe the car will still be top notch nonetheless!
As my car was for the UK mkt, im also curious about the rest of the cars by PML. The VIN is often displayed on the passenger side close the wind wipers,just where the bonnet meets the wind shield.
It'll be good to hear where PML or PI cars are made. I got my info from the link below by entering my VIN details

http://bimmer.work/

Last edited:
Well, once you have your VIN, check the alphabet on the 11th character (or the 7th character from the right - whichever is easier for you).

That character is the Plant Code - i.e. it states which plant your BMW was built in.
  • A, F, K – Munich, Germany
  • C, B, D, G – Dingolfing, Germany
  • E, J, P – Regensburg, Germany
  • L, M – Spartanburg, U.S.A
  • N – Roslyn, South Africa
  • W – Graz, Austria
  • V – Leipzig, Germany
Hope that helps.

Wow...that’s cool, mine is G so Dingolfing[emoji4]

Hi guys,

Can anyone advise what's these parking lights (circle in yellow color) are used for and how/when to use them?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    585 KB · Views: 156
Hi guys,

Can anyone advise what's these parking lights (circle in yellow color) are used for and how/when to use them?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

It’s a European feature, similar to this F10(which is a hidden feature) now G30 have it’s own buttons. For left and right road side parking on a dark street to warn other road user.

Its not really the wait that irks me,its how my expectations were met,from the beginning,i always thought it would have been built along side the 7 at the fty in Dingolfing. Not that its not a bad car just because its not from Dingolfing but i expected it to be from there and when i checked,it turned out to be Graz.
This stems from the common consensus of some that Toyotas made in Japan will somehow be regarded as superior in terms of quality and reliability as compared to those from Thailand.
As my car was for the UK mkt, im also curious about the rest of the cars by PML. The VIN is often displayed on the passenger side close the wind wipers,just where the bonnet meets the wind shield.
It'll be good to hear where PML or PI cars are made. I got my info from the link below by entering my VIN details

Double confirmed![emoji1303]

Wah.. you kiss already now regret ah? hehehehe.. :D

It’s a European feature, similar to this F10(which is a hidden feature) now G30 have it’s own buttons. For left and right road side parking on a dark street to warn other road user.

-THANKS-

Was not able to watch the video at work cause youtube was blocked. Even after watching the video, I still did not understand until I looked up google. The parking lights are to warn drivers that there is a car parallel parked along side the road, the side which is not facing the pavement will be turned on to warns driver from the opposite direction. Suppose this would come in handy when I go to some dark and secluded place, with no street lights to have some fun in the car. :angel:

-THANKS-

-THANKS-

Was not able to watch the video at work cause youtube was blocked. Even after watching the video, I still did not understand until I looked up google. The parking lights are to warn drivers that there is a car parallel parked along side the road, the side which is not facing the pavement will be turned on to warns driver from the opposite direction. Suppose this would come in handy when I go to some dark and secluded place, with no street lights to have some fun in the car. :angel:

-THANKS-
Then u can kiss and forget!

I think this is described in the manual - i.e. the physical book.

Nice of u to join this forum! Any plans for your new ride?like replacement of wheels or mods or tinkering that you have planned?Any photos of your ride that u have taken and would like to share? Or maybe discuss what other cars u considered?
I indicated your nick with the suffix 77,mentioning it coz your nic in your post and your bmw sg nick are not similar...hope the 77 one is ok..

1. Squeaky Ninja - 530i lux mineral white
2. The Guardian - 540i m sport alpine white
3. BaamBaam - 530i lux med blue
4. mark 1919 - 530i lux black
5. F10fan - 530i lux black
6. Fres - 530i lux bluestone
7. hohlim - 540i xDrive m sport sapphire black
8. andychantw - 530i Msport Sapphire Black
9. cheerz - 530i m sport carbon black
10. JackJx - 530i m sport carbon black
11. CY Wong - 530i lux jatoba
12. Alphua - 540i m sport carbon black
13. kenhee - 530i lux sophisto grey
14. Izr911 - 530i m sport bluestone
15. ml5775 - 530i m sport bluestone (Brunei)
16. new5 - 530i lux alpine white
17. Kelvin Bek - 530i lux sapphire black
18. kktan - 530i m sport carbon black
19. Dean87 -530i m sport - sophisto Grey (Malaysia)
20. Skippy - 540i m sport bluestone
21. Sen Min - 530I M Sport White
22. BlurRhino - 530i Sophisto Grey
23. Daniel Golfer - 530i M SportMediterranean Blue
24.Twinnie - 530i M Sport Carbon Black
25.Michaelsia - 530i Cashmere Silver
26.REND - 530i Dakota Black
27.Schnider77 - 530i M Sport Bluestone

Hi, Ricardos - 530i Luxury Edition Mineral White

Bought the car back in August but noticing high furl consumption of 7.7 km per liter. Is that also the experience of other forum members?

Also some issues with Bluetooth connectivity and Spotify. Need to toggle between radio and Spotify for it to work sometimes. Would appreciate if someone has a solution or workaround. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88onlineclub
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back