G30 owners please fall in!

Dear all,

We are a group of G30 owners and we already have a whatsapp group chat.

We notice that there is another similar group but is operated by some workshops owners whom is not driving a G30.

To join us you can PM me or go to our Official Facebook Page and leave us a PM. We will add you into the group chat.

BMW G30 Club Singapore stills support BMW.SG and looking foward to have events together.

Thank You.
Admin of BMW G30 Club Singapore

Could i have some opinions on which option i should take if i wish to take my brakes?

Its for a bmw 540i xdrive. Currently,the brakes for the front are 4 pot with 374mm rotors,i believe they are fixed calipers. The rears are 345mm and looks like floating calipers. They are blue in colour or monte carlo b05 blue.
The car will be on 20" wheels soon. Im not gonna track the car and my considerations for changing the brakes are cost and aesthetics.

Option 1
M performance brakes
Front would 4 pot with 395mm rotors and rear would be with 370mm and i believe rear is using floating calipers. They would be in red and would be a complete set. They would cost ard USD 2.9k without installation. This set would retain the electronic brake function.

Option 2
Brembo GT BBK
These are 405mm with 6 pot. The kit does not come with brakes for the rear. This alone costs USD $4.6k. without installation.i will also have to either paint the rear caliper to match the brembo factory colours of black,yellow,red,sliver or paint the brembo caliper to monte carlo blue b05 to match the rear,which would possiblt reduce its resale value.

For option 2 for the rear, I intend retain the rear caliper and then change to larger rotors,370mm.I dun have a quote for the larger rotors yet.

Could i hear the views of you guys? Even if its to bash me on wasting money...im all for it.
Thanks!

Hi All, Merry Christmas
c48244f1328dd838cb73e832dee96cce.jpg

And a Fantastic 2018!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For m performance brakes, it does serve normal driving. As in normal driving....it won’t give you the confidence of late braking.

For Brembo GT, I believe you will not have this concern. This by far my personal experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868co
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back