G30 owners please fall in!

Thanks bro and you are absolutely right on the ability to have more discount on ex-stock.

Have such a feature on my other ride and I had a unit from PML that came with DAP for couple of days. Would have chosen one had there been such ex-stock for PML as I really like how it discreetly steer the vehicle to ensure one does not drift. Unfortunately, the price for aftermarket retrofit is way more expensive that the $13.8k...

Most of you have most likely committed and this info may not be relevant but perhaps for those who considering the option...the price i had gotten from PML as a factory option for Driving Assistance Plus, 5AS (same for all cars in their lineup) was $13,800. But this does not consider the discounts or prices quoted for exstock cars. Cause prices for indent cars may have lesser discounts. Anyway,its just an indicative price for new cars from PML....hope it is able to help someone..

Bro twtan,if u really intrested in autonomous driving,check out Teslas Autopilot...i would not be buying a Tesla but their autopilot is good!

Thanks bro and you are absolutely right on the ability to have more discount on ex-stock.

Have such a feature on my other ride and I had a unit from PML that came with DAP for couple of days. Would have chosen one had there been such ex-stock for PML as I really like how it discreetly steer the vehicle to ensure one does not drift. Unfortunately, the price for aftermarket retrofit is way more expensive that the $13.8k...
Fortunate of you to have driven a car with DAP (Driver Assistance plus)! understand that the test drive cars did not have that option? I assume, since it has active lane keeping assistant, its a G11/12 or was it a G30 or merc? Understand that the older cars had DAP but without the ability (semi autonomous function) to steer back? Or am I mistaken?

I'm curious as I specified it in my PI car (expected collection-1/12/17) but was concerned that DAP would not work well on our roads as it works by detecting lane markings. Did your test car work on our arterial roads / expressways? I once saw a video with the review done in KPE tunnel but it was just a short clip without much traffic. DAP has a lot of features that I could not find local reviews on. Can post a review on DAP? Please?

If I am not mistaken cars from performance motors will have that as standard.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Anybody knows where to buy the Tri Colour grill clips for the g30v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody knows where to buy the Tri Colour grill clips for the g30v

I bought from aliexpress,
IMG_9431.JPG

As it was a loan vehicle from PML, not sure the exact specs but based on the features, it smells like DAP which has semi autonomous driving with steering assisted and speed braking if vehicle slows down in front. Even if the ACC is not turn on, the LKA (lane keeping assist) will steer the wheel based on road markings.

This is very similar to the Pilot Assist II (PAII)/ LKA for the new generation Volvo and the good thing in Singapore is that the roads are all very well marked out so such features which depend on lane markings can work relatively well. However, I must say that the steering is more precise with the DAP especially at higher speed (e.g. along expressway). For PAII, the auto steering at times cannot turn fast enough at high speed and so you need to intervene :eek:!

Thus, I believe you will find the DAP option useful for the vehicle!

Fortunate of you to have driven a car with DAP (Driver Assistance plus)! understand that the test drive cars did not have that option? I assume, since it has active lane keeping assistant, its a G11/12 or was it a G30 or merc? Understand that the older cars had DAP but without the ability (semi autonomous function) to steer back? Or am I mistaken?

I'm curious as I specified it in my PI car (expected collection-1/12/17) but was concerned that DAP would not work well on our roads as it works by detecting lane markings. Did your test car work on our arterial roads / expressways? I once saw a video with the review done in KPE tunnel but it was just a short clip without much traffic. DAP has a lot of features that I could not find local reviews on. Can post a review on DAP? Please?

hi Silly5, can you advise if you'd recommend having the CarPlay and if so, for what reasons? Still thinking if I should spend the $500 which will primarily for streaming iTune/Spotify music as well as reading/responding to messages.

Mine came with the car.

hi Silly5, can you advise if you'd recommend having the CarPlay and if so, for what reasons? Still thinking if I should spend the $500 which will primarily for streaming iTune/Spotify music as well as reading/responding to messages.

Hi twtan,

The Apple CarPlay can just be coded. From what I know, it's already preloaded into all iDrive 6.0. BMW dealers will charge a fee to unlock it.

Get n touch with a respectable BMW coder to do it. I would do it for you for free but I'm not in Spore. If your coder is not sure, you can contact me for the Esys module coding instructions.

The only reason I will get Apple Car Play is that BMW map is not as updated as Google ones.
I have been staying close to 6 years in my existing address and yet it is still not reflected in the BMW map.
I tried searching for others address and it did not turn out as well.
I have itune music subscription in my iphone and it did sync to play in the car, however you have to control via iphone for songs selection.
The downside I can think of is all my nonsense whatapps messages will start poping out on the the screen in front of the car and other passengers in my car who will start reading it....haha

I honestly think it's personal preference, I find it extremely convenient as I stream most of my song, as for msg, usually doesn't apply as we WhatsApp instead of msg[emoji28] it also serve as a good Navi system if you do not have in you car.
Is this 500 quoted by third party or PML? Have you check with Elebest, Codewerke or other third party?

The only reason I will get Apple Car Play is that BMW map is not as updated as Google ones.
I have been staying close to 6 years in my existing address and yet it is still not reflected in the BMW map.
I tried searching for others address and it did not turn out as well.
I have itune music subscription in my iphone and it did sync to play in the car, however you have to control via iphone for songs selection.
The downside I can think of is all my nonsense whatapps messages will start poping out on the the screen in front of the car and other passengers in my car who will start reading it....haha

Hi Michael,
How you get whatsapp to work with Apple play? Please advice [emoji4]

Dare not say show off lah...just sharing my passion[emoji4] I post it when I collect it. Greeting from Shanghai!

Will be waiting for it. Will be sending mine in to install Advanced Car Eye later this month when I'll be away for 2 weeks. Still thinking what else I would like to do to further customize my car without spoiling the sleek and elegance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back