G30 owners please fall in!

Not sure if you still have any doubt but here's some info on the chassis / suspension aids the G30 has to offer. I think G31 have air suspension but just for G30, heres what I know

Standard Suspension = Standard suspension

M suspension - lowers ride height by 10mm compared to standard suspension

Dynamic Damper Control (DDC) or EDC or active suspension = able to harden / soften the suspension when respective mode is selected. Comparing DDC and M suspension, I believe M suspension is lower. Was not able to find documents of this.

Integral Active Steering (IAS) = Steering control is to all 4 wheels, when below 60 km/h, the rear turn in the opposite direction of steering. At 60km/h and above, the rear wheels turn in direction of steering. Have a look at the video link below.

EARS = Electronic Active roll stabilization - Active Roll bars or anti roll bars that can stiffen or loosen depending on mode selected. Not available by itself and is part of adaptive drive option. Not available for 530s and below.

Adaptive Drive = DDC + EARS.

Adaptive M Suspension - Most power 1, has lowering and dynamic damper control. Option on the 550 only (no RHD), I believe its standard on F90 M5.

For 540,I could be wrong on this part but I read that IAS cannot be specified with AD. It can only be specified with DDC. I also read that builds after a certain date can. Need to check but for me, AD cannot be specified with IAS

Attached is the BMW ordering guide, was not able to find integral active front steering, I believe you were referring to integral active steering or just 4 wheel steering.

Attached is an old snap shot of the M sport 530 pricelist and options offered at PML (From around May 2017)

Can also refer to the link below for the chassis and suspension info, refer to book/chapter 4. Personally, Chapter 6 is also interesting
http://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1364915

As usual, the tech guru of our group![emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As usual, the tech guru of our group![emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pai seh le bro...i only read and share..too eng while waiting for car is like that one.
I believe many lao jiao much more knowledge than me,just lazy to post only.
Thanks for the compliment though:)

Finally got my everything also don't have ride yesterday.. dealing with PI is really good for practising anger management. 2 weeks become 6 weeks for existing stock and promises didn't materialise. I think they don't know what they are selling..

Anyway anyone have any idea how to change odometer from miles to km? The idrive settings only allow me to change for consumption and navigation but not odometer.

Agreed, after reading hohlim's post, also dunno should angry with myself for not researching or angry with PML, as they didnt advise properly.
Individualised options from PML will cost more than the std versions as it will mean more handling costs i think.

Finally got my everything also don't have ride yesterday.. dealing with PI is really good for practising anger management. 2 weeks become 6 weeks for existing stock and promises didn't materialise. I think they don't know what they are selling..

Anyway anyone have any idea how to change odometer from miles to km? The idrive settings only allow me to change for consumption and navigation but not odometer.

okay just realise analogue is km and digital is miles.. blur me

okay just realise analogue is km and digital is miles.. blur me
Hi Blur Rhino, do you mean the analog speedo is in km and the digital speedo is in digital?

Could it be the miles is actually the odometer (distance) and the kmh reading is the speedometer (speed)? If this case, my guess is changing the distance setting to km will solve the issue? since speedometer already in kmh?
Would you be able to share a photo of your dashboard where it shows kmh and mph? I don't have my car yet (PI car) so will have similar issue as you.

Hi all, for those who have changed the kidney grille. Is the kidney grille easy to change ourselves? Thinking of changing. Thanks in advance for your reply

Hi all, for those who have changed the kidney grille. Is the kidney grille easy to change ourselves? Thinking of changing. Thanks in advance for your reply
I saw the guy dismantle it and looks pretty easy. But as for me, I change the grill but not built in flap covers as you can see. So I am not totally sure the grille frame you talking or the whole set. ?
4f34d007661aecb0da842e6bd3dc6c9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I saw the guy dismantle it and looks pretty easy. But as for me, I change the grill but not built in flap covers as you can see. So I am not totally sure the grille frame you talking or the whole set. ?
4f34d007661aecb0da842e6bd3dc6c9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thanks. Just the external frame (ie the chrome part)

It's really simple, I dismantled it a few times. Just unclip the top three plastic clip and slowly lift it upwards, that should do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Blur Rhino, do you mean the analog speedo is in km and the digital speedo is in digital?

Could it be the miles is actually the odometer (distance) and the kmh reading is the speedometer (speed)? If this case, my guess is changing the distance setting to km will solve the issue? since speedometer already in kmh?
Would you be able to share a photo of your dashboard where it shows kmh and mph? I don't have my car yet (PI car) so will have similar issue as you.

Initially both analogue and digital are miles but now analogue showing km.

Attachments

• IMG_2355.JPG
    IMG_2355.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 361
Silly 5,is your digital speedo the same as Blur rhino's?meaning analog in kmh and digital in mph?can help?

Yes! Exactly the same and it can be switch the other way round in the idrive, if not wrong under vehicle setting/ units.

Yes! Exactly the same and it can be switch the other way round in the idrive, if not wrong under vehicle setting/ units.

:Frown:sianz cannot be fully kmh. Thanks for info bro!
Initially both analogue and digital are miles but now analogue showing km.
Bro Blur Rhino, looks like you got an answer. Guess its 1 of the cons of getting PI. Thanks for bringing this up, at least I know what to expect before my ride comes. Now afraid this screws up the Active Cruise control.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back