• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

GB: iPod/iPhone Y-Cable for BMW

Re: GB: iPod/iPhone Y-Cable for BMW

Please note this is only applicable for the 2nd generation of iDrive - w USB port. 1st generation only comes with AUX - earphone jacks.

flyboy;501219 said:

The cable just arrrived today and I tried it out.

I can the songs via the steering wheel in a sequential manner but I can't seem to select the menu shown on the head unit, like Genre,Artist,Album...

Anyone who has this cable have any problem using it?

FYI, mine is a normal headunit with no iDrive.

Cheers!

Elliot[/QUOTE]

Hi. You said yours have no iDrive, means no USB port next to the AUX input? So what cable and from where did u get it? Mine only have the AUX input.....

my is a E90 LCI with no iDrive but I still have a usb and a aux input.

Anyway, the cable works perfectly. I can select all the Ipod menu via the head unit, select the songs in a sequential manner via the steering wheel and the ipod is being charged at the same time.

Cheers!

i cant select songs from the steerring wheel, everytime i press up, it plays next song, and reverse the song before it, i was told wen you press album in the head unit, u can even use the steering buttons to move it up n down

Hi,
I was told that we can get this connection cable from the Apple ctr too.. Is that true? Any idea.. what device is that? Thanks.

Checked with Epic Center, was told that they no longer bring this in.....so too bad no lobang.
FYI, this Y-cable (they claimed it's compatible to use in cars) cost only $20plus....

just curious. if we plugged a AUX cable into the iPod and into the AUX input of the car, will music from iPod still be transmitted to the sound system of the car?

yes, but u can only select ur songs thru ur ipod, not thru ur HU

may be placebo effect, the y cable sounds better than direct audio jack

sharps;503884 said:
yes, but u can only select ur songs thru ur ipod, not thru ur HU

may be placebo effect, the y cable sounds better than direct audio jack
thats fine. agreed, AUX cable sound quality will always trail in comparison.

sharps;503874 said:
only 20? wow, tats a lot of difference.....

Yes, but I'd not seen the cable itself nor a pic of it. Requested to see it , but they say no sample, n when i wanted to place a order, then they realised they r not bringing in anymore. Not sure if it's b'coz of BMW's agreement with Apple?

so far im quite happy with this bmw ipod cable, one of the best purchases so far

sharps;504241 said:
so far im quite happy with this bmw ipod cable, one of the best purchases so far
how much did it cost u?

rm 380, im from jaybee, i bought it at our local bmw

spore shud be selling at 170

Hi, noob question here.
If I have an iphone and I want to use it in my car to:
- listen to music, using the steering wheel buttons to control it, and charge the iphone at the same time; and
- make calls via handsfree, and able to use the steering wheel buttons to control it.

....What kind of cable should I use?

I don't have idrive. But underneath my armrest there is a USB hole and an AUX hole (round round one). Thanks in advance for all your kind advices!

C3P0;504525 said:
Hi, noob question here.
If I have an iphone and I want to use it in my car to:
- listen to music, using the steering wheel buttons to control it, and charge the iphone at the same time; and
- make calls via handsfree, and able to use the steering wheel buttons to control it.

....What kind of cable should I use?

I don't have idrive. But underneath my armrest there is a USB hole and an AUX hole (round round one). Thanks in advance for all your kind advices!
if u wan full control from the consol u need the Y cable. what i did with my nokia previously was to use an AUX cable. if u do that apart from volume, the changing of tracks and shit has to be done via the phone. AUX cable only cost $30 bucks from Apple shop

yup, just get that cable, although its not compatible accesory for the iphone
but can still charge, although seems abit slow for me

sharps;504532 said:
yup, just get that cable, although its not compatible accesory for the iphone
but can still charge, although seems abit slow for me
AUX cable can charge HP wan meh? didnt work for me leh.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88141
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back