• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

GB: iPod/iPhone Y-Cable for BMW

Re: GB: iPod/iPhone Y-Cable for BMW

sharps;514759 said:
aiyoh, like that means can charge la, wait a while i guess
but super slow, better than nothing
I have found a way to charge it everytime I pluck it in.

Secret. If anyone wants to know, just buy me lunch or breakfast. Dinner I eat at home liao so no need.

Last edited by a moderator:

nabeh... after the feedback and input i gave...still wanna charge us for lunch :(

sharps;516179 said:
nabeh... after the feedback and input i gave...still wanna charge us for lunch :(

No no, u no need. Only those who can't charge their phone and wants to know my secret. The person must buy u and me lunch or dinner, swee bo?

Anyway, can ycable be used on Lexus?

but for mine, i dun think i got charging probelm, but then again, i seldom plug my iphone to it, it always connected to my ipod

:D

Hi,

Does it work in a E60 (525i)? I thought BMW was selling this add-on for $1200. If yes, I'm interested.

Cliff.

if ur E60 has aux n usb then no issue

i tested mine on the F-02, works as fine

I found the AUX but not the USB... Maybe it's not there... Anyway, I took out the AUX at the glove compartment, got a longer cable and viola! It works now with my iPhone... Quick and dirty solution I guess but sure beats the RF unit I got from iStore.

Where to find the AUX port in 525i? Sound like this is the solution to play iPOD in BMW.. where to buy ya...

too troublesome.. why can't someone make the interface to communicate with i-drive..

'Someone' alraedy did. soundwerkz does have a multimedia interface that allows connection to ipod, rev camera, gps etc
I'm still considering it as it is quite pricey

Any bros tried that out? how is it?

hi, did anyone buy this and has got a spare one lying around? i will pick it up from you. thanks.

gooiee;526741 said:
'Someone' alraedy did. soundwerkz does have a multimedia interface that allows connection to ipod, rev camera, gps etc
I'm still considering it as it is quite pricey

Any bros tried that out? how is it?

got Soundwrekz to do the job for me. Interface is good as now can select from the screen via the i drive but the ipod connector i was using was the mobridge one which is more direct rather than thru the AUX primarily because i jus want to upload my music into my ipod video and then dump in the glove compartment. However do note that the CD player is gone as the mobridge will take up the changer portion. Well with the ipod, i dont need the cd changer at all. The mobridge provide integration with the screen and let u select the stuff such as albums, artist and playlist so to me very good.

The GPS is there and it works although i seldom used in Spore. The reverse cam also work as me quite kayu driver when parallel parking. The cam module is also quite neatly done up. I didnt go for the DVD as i dont find it usefull.

xphobic;548195 said:
got Soundwrekz to do the job for me. Interface is good as now can select from the screen via the i drive but the ipod connector i was using was the mobridge one which is more direct rather than thru the AUX primarily because i jus want to upload my music into my ipod video and then dump in the glove compartment. However do note that the CD player is gone as the mobridge will take up the changer portion. Well with the ipod, i dont need the cd changer at all. The mobridge provide integration with the screen and let u select the stuff such as albums, artist and playlist so to me very good.

The GPS is there and it works although i seldom used in Spore. The reverse cam also work as me quite kayu driver when parallel parking. The cam module is also quite neatly done up. I didnt go for the DVD as i dont find it usefull.

Can PM me and share how much did your set-up cost you?
Is the ipod automatically charged whilst playing?

papbear77;548250 said:
Can PM me and share how much did your set-up cost you?
Is the ipod automatically charged whilst playing?

yes it does charge. for the cost before others ask me to PM is abt 3.3k, if i can remember if use y cable is cheaper i was told abt 2 odd. Was told that the MObridge connects direct as opposed to the aux. but importantly got to use bck my ipod

Last edited by a moderator:

i got the y cable from bmw with the free 200 bucks voucher i got for my new 318. costs about 160 and you can play your ipod songs from the player. cheers!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beijingwelcome

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back