• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

GB: Itronics In Car DVR

Re: GB: Itronics In Car DVR

noob question: how long did the installation take and did the installer rip out the interior of the car to run the wires?

leslie11;882429 said:
Together with TTY, I installed 2 ITB100 for front n rear. Both Power Magic tapped from front fuse box, concealed perfectly.

The workshop did a great job if you ask me. Everything was adjusted to my liking and then tested to show it works.

I just got home and viewed the videos and I got to say the video quality is better than those on Youtube. At Plaza Singapura, the surveillance mode showed me what it could do as it was in image sensing mode.

All in, I regret I didn't get it sooner as I can fully appreciate and see how useful it is now that I have it.

I'll post raw videos after i've uploaded.

any pics on where you mounted the cam? Able to hide behind rearview mirror?

Last edited by a moderator:

for those doing the install, do check with the installers on how they run the cable down the A-Pillar and make sure the airbag is not crossed. meaning the power cable for the camera cuts across the A-Pillar first then downwards. crossing the airbag may impede the airbag deployment in emergency situations. the installer should either tuck the cable between the windscreen and A-Pillar trim or remove the A-Pillar trim to run the cable down to prevent this from happening.

if you're not sure what i mean, take a read on my DIY install guide and look at the pic on the A-Pillar airbag to understand.
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-3-series-owners/69414-diy-car-cam-install-guide.html

BTW, for those planning to use a new bigger capacity SD card, either plug in the new card into the cam first to initialise the card. Or copy the "Setup" folder from the existing SD card to the new card using your computer. If not you will get the "settings cannot be saved" error if you try to configure the options on the ITB PC player.

twiddlebug;882630 said:
any pics on where you mounted the cam? Able to hide behind rearview mirror?

Sorry no time now, in a rush to get to the airport. But mine is totally concealed from the driver's vantage pt.

feynman82;882560 said:
noob question: how long did the installation take and did the installer rip out the interior of the car to run the wires?

30mins max for front n rear, only removed the trim that was necessary to conceal the wires.

I'll prob get it off ebay. Managed to get a quote of USD230 for itronics itb100HD + power magic + ems shipping. I figured the savings if i buy 2 from ebay can easily get me another unit in the event that one breaks down within 12 months, sorta like warranty.

feynman82;882808 said:
I'll prob get it off ebay. Managed to get a quote of USD230 for itronics itb100HD + power magic + ems shipping. I figured the savings if i buy 2 from ebay can easily get me another unit in the event that one breaks down within 12 months, sorta like warranty.

that's cheap. i got mine for USD215 with EMS and no power magic

feynman82;882808 said:

In case you don't know, any individual package which Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF) exceed S$400 will be taxed at the prevailing GST rates...

So its advisable to break up your 2 units of ITB100HD into 2 parcels to avoid payable GST. Personally, I feel the saving of $100+ is not worthwhile. Don't forget these electronics gadgets will go thru daily heat and sunlight, risk of lemon sets, lost parcels or bank higher exchange rates... Well, that's just my opinion :)

leslie11;882699 said:
Sorry no time now, in a rush to get to the airport. But mine is totally concealed from the driver's vantage pt.

Bro, you bought BV also I thought? 3 cams in car?

leslie11;882243 said:
Updates (newest on top):
28/8 Price is slightly lowered for the ITB100 but can't post here. Install for 2 cams is at $95
27/8 We have hit our MOQ, I'm calling Xavier on Tues to get a better price, esp on the install, $110 is steep.

As usual, leave your name and contact number.
1. Leslie ITB100 *2, 93809565 INSTALLED
2. Kardtoon ITB100 *2 INSTALLED
3. Kardtoon's neighbour ditto
4. TTY ITB100 * 1 INSTALLED
5. TTY's friend ITB100 * 1
6. kelnalevin ITB100 * 1
7. Guns_in_Roses ITB100 * 1

Bro, GB on liao??

GB on n some of us installed but closing soon. I will help for another 3 cars then close it.

Wow... bro Leslie really made it easy for you guys to invest in what IMHO... is a necessary addon nowadays. Don't wait til misfortune happen then bemoan why never install earlier. I have installed front and back ITB 100. So far very reliable.... go for it bros.

Bro Leslie so if keen what should I do? Just contact Xavier or go down autobay direct? Tks again for yr help

Growler;883997 said:
Bro Leslie so if keen what should I do? Just contact Xavier or go down autobay direct? Tks again for yr help

Bro Leslie is currently not in town.. Might take sometime for him to reply..

Thanks for the kind words st8800, I like to help people, it's a privilege for me.

Thanks for the help Leo. Hope you're sorted out.

Growler, just let me know n I'll add you to the gb list. I have a page for the gb n instructions are all there. Just need your name, contact n vrn.

Last edited by a moderator:

leslie11;884008 said:
Thanks for the kind words st8800, I like to help people, it's a privilege to me.

Thanks for the help Leo. Hope you're sorted out.

Growler, just let me know n I'll add you to the gb list. I have a page for the gb n instructions are all there. Just need your name, contact n vrn.

Hey Leslie, spoke to the supplier already.. Halfway there :) thank you

That's great, happy to hear that. Remind him about the settings to avoid batt drain. I changed the jumping setting but left before I could confirm it. I will ask my wife n post here.

My wife said there wasn't a msg for the batt drain but the comfort access didn't work. She will monitor n let me know.

leslie11;882243 said:
Updates (newest on top):
28/8 Price is slightly lowered for the ITB100 but can't post here. Install for 2 cams is at $95
27/8 We have hit our MOQ, I'm calling Xavier on Tues to get a better price, esp on the install, $110 is steep.

As usual, leave your name and contact number.
1. Leslie ITB100 *2, 93809565 INSTALLED
2. Kardtoon ITB100 *2 INSTALLED
3. Kardtoon's neighbour ditto
4. TTY ITB100 * 1 INSTALLED
5. TTY's friend ITB100 * 1
6. kelnalevin ITB100 * 1
7. Guns_in_Roses ITB100 * 1

Bro Leslie, thanks for organizing this GB!!!
Can you PM me the updated pricing for iTB100? Another friend and I have been discussing this purchase and I'm waiting for him to return back to SG this wknd before confirming the purchase.
Might join your GB list if time permits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk66ltd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back