gearbox change experience up north

Re: gearbox change experience up north

Alan reputation sweep floor liao.

gearbox change experience up north

The Guardian;1084961 said:
Ok. If thats the case, I rather drive a low maintenance car to be serivce/repair locally than to drive across the border unless I'm a frequent traveller.

Just like some people like to splurge on food, others like to splurge on doodads, to each his own.

Again this has been discussed to death, repair locally or repair up north. If you have major repairs, the savings can be in a few Ks.

As consumers and a passionate bmw owner, we all like to have more options. Most important to be a smart user of WS, we have to learn more about our ride or "be taken for a ride" no matter which WS we go to.

In that respect, IMHO this is what this forum is about, and the main reason what attracts me to this community, having benefited from others and helping each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

How come singaporean go Malaysia for car repair,
But i Malaysian repair my car in Singapore.......
Oversea moon bigger?

Simple... There are all kinds of people, and all kinds of WS out there.
Need to find one that is giam... sometime oversea better Lol.

when you have problem on the road, are they going home pickup passport, through custom to assist you?

Yes saving a few ks to repair up North is good saving provided you know the ws well and they are really good. But when things starts to go wrong, the time and energy to sort this mess I think is not worth it.

canuck78;1084988 said:
Just like some people like to splurge on food, others like to splurge on doodads, to each his own.

Again this has been discussed to death, repair locally or repair up north. If you have major repairs, the savings can be in a few Ks.

As consumers and a passionate bmw owner, we all like to have more options. Most important to be a smart user of WS, we have to learn more about our ride or "be taken for a ride" no matter which WS we go to.

In that respect, IMHO this is what this forum is about, and the main reason what attracts me to this community, having benefited from others and helping each other.

Chill and happy shopping.

Dear all,

The forum is for us to share our BMW related experiences where people can benefit the from the good experience and avoid the bad experience.

I have been consistently posting and keeping very close to the forum rules where I share my own personal experiences with my own car.

In return, I learnt a lot by reading other people's post too.

I thank the topic / thread starter for sharing his gear box problems and his difficulties to go back to the workshop.

I sincerely hope he can keep us updated the outcome of his gearbox so that we can learn from each other.

After all, we cannot guess and assume what is wrong with the gearbox by just reading from the postings.

I also think it's great that the brothers here voice out their concern about going overseas to service or repair our BMWs. This is a great reminder of some danger and safely issues and also the hassles of getting a simple job done by traveling so far.
Forum member must consider this first before setting foot to JB.

I believe we should get to know more workshops and share more experience so that our BMW community can grow closer and stronger and as one family.

Cheers !!!!!
Aaron

AARON FOR PAP!!!

swee!
the peoples champion!!

Nothing wrong with aaron post previously. Share experience nia.
The owner itself will hold on his own responsibility for decide where to send car for repair.
Zheng hu say high coe cost high transport cost go for mrt, bus , bike or lowball share car with neighbour doesn't mean we must follow.
At last, fxxk that coe.

totoseow;1085082 said:
AARON FOR PAP!!!

Pisssss off la... you know him very well meh, maybe he's already a member?

Just out of curiosity - other than cost savings, what are the compelling reason(s) to take the leap of faith and cross the border to service/repair your BMWs in Malaysia?

Are they technically superior, or more knowledgeable?

kenntona;1085086 said:
Just out of curiosity - other than cost savings, what are the compelling reason(s) to take the leap of faith and cross the border to service/repair your BMWs in Malaysia?

Are they technically superior, or more knowledgeable?

Exchange rate make the difference.
But still same thing, after sales service in big unknown. Another thing will be safety issue......
On my last car club, there's a member leave his car at Kulai for respray, end up all ICE was gone during night. Shop owner just answer that he dunno and offer help for police report nia....... Worth or not still on owner's hand.

christopher ngo said:
Exchange rate make the difference.
But still same thing, after sales service in big unknown. Another thing will be safety issue......
On my last car club, there's a member leave his car at Kulai for respray, end up all ICE was gone during night. Shop owner just answer that he dunno and offer help for police report nia....... Worth or not still on owner's hand.

So, there is nothing on endorsements on technical skills or knowledge (compare to the various workshops here) and the behaviour is purely based on savings?

Very weird considering the profile of premier marque owners.

kenntona;1085088 said:
So, there is nothing on endorsements on technical skills or knowledge (compare to the various workshops here) and the behaviour is purely based on savings?

Very weird considering the profile of premier marque owners.

I always lim kopi at my friend's garage and i found a weird thing.
Vios, Civic and CS3/5 owner are really willing spend money to mod, servicing and repairing.
When it comes to Audi, BMW, Benz owner..... always ask, got chiong parts boh?
Asking for servicing, then bring own schnell oil........ feel sad for their bmw.

christopher ngo said:
I always lim kopi at my friend's garage and i found a weird thing.
Vios, Civic and CS3/5 owner are really willing spend money to mod, servicing and repairing.
When it comes to Audi, BMW, Benz owner..... always ask, got chiong parts boh?
Asking for servicing, then bring own schnell oil........ feel sad for their bmw.

I can understand if the likes of JDM owners driving across the border for cheaper servicing costs.

I can also understand if the likes of BMW owners driving across the border for better technical support and knowledge.

But to drive over, save small $$$ (in relation to cost of premium car ownership) and take a risk on unproven credentials (they are, unlike the panels of BVO, R2D who are either established over the many years of operations or equipped with sound knowledge and experience).... that I do not understand.......

actually the answer is not cost savings.....its tell wife I go jb service car....then go blue wave zhang jui!

totoseow;1085091 said:
actually the answer is not cost savings.....its tell wife I go jb service car....then go blue wave zhang jui!

My wife will slap my face if i say go JB servicing car.......
Normally i servicing my car at Hatyai .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuebt788com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back