gearbox change experience up north

Re: gearbox change experience up north

I go up north to r2d. He charged me sing $ not ringgit leh.

Question: why do these BMWs need so much repairs?

I had a used E46 for more than six years, until one week before the COE expired. The single biggest tab (at J4C) was like... $2k? Soft top operated daily, red-lined the engine, even brought the car to Sepang once. You couldn't pay me to go to some dodgy workshop based on a "forum bro" recommendation.

totoseow;1085091 said:
actually the answer is not cost savings.....its tell wife I go jb service car....then go blue wave zhang jui!

U have answered kenntona's question to why some go there to service car

:)

Oilman;1085096 said:
Question: why do these BMWs need so much repairs?

I had a used E46 for more than six years, until one week before the COE expired. The single biggest tab (at J4C) was like... $2k? Soft top operated daily, red-lined the engine, even brought the car to Sepang once. You couldn't pay me to go to some dodgy workshop based on a "forum bro" recommendation.

You are lucky. I repair quite alot after take over my E60. Nearly 18k for fully restore from lawm mover into BMW.
Chasis, suspension parts nearly 90% replacement. Audio replacement blah blah blah.......
But i forgot all cost when i drive it.
Driving experience with smile = PRICELESS!

totoseow said:
actually the answer is not cost savings.....its tell wife I go jb service car....then go blue wave zhang jui!

Print screen for potential blackmail.

Oilman said:
You couldn't pay me to go to some dodgy workshop based on a "forum bro" recommendation.

Depends on the basis of recommendation.

christopher ngo;1085099 said:
You are lucky. I repair quite alot after take over my E60. Nearly 18k for fully restore from lawm mover into BMW.
Chasis, suspension parts nearly 90% replacement. Audio replacement blah blah blah.......

18k! U shd just burn your car n throw in a talisman with the previous owner's name on it n wish he grows a monkey tail.

But if u the 1st owner, means u never take care of car, n u shd grow a monkey tail and elephant ears

I am the fxxking 2nd hand owner.
I should burn my car during bmw gathering , best if park next to your yaM5

christopher ngo;1085099 said:

that's the way. buy 2nd hand cannot expect brand new experience. n drive bmw means just spend the money sort our the problem....instead of cat cunt cat cock..

totoseow said:
....instead of cat cunt cat cock..

4 words 3 animals.

Try cat pussy cat cock.

4/4

totoseow;1085105 said:
that's the way. buy 2nd hand cannot expect brand new experience. n drive bmw means just spend the money sort our the problem....instead of cat cunt cat cock..

True, want drive cheapo 2nd hand, just lan lan suck thumb repair all defects.
Buy cheap some more complain lemon law, laMWyer letter to dealer...... Bang table during peak hour is the best.
I am cheapo but not on repair car.

u not cheapo..but rear bird become chicken!

jon..u like my birdies? im gonna name them jon n kenn.

hey try taking 1 away and hide it...see what happen next??

no chance the papa n mama work 12 hours shifts each. never neglected

Viper Warrior;1085045 said:
Yes saving a few ks to repair up North is good saving provided you know the ws well and they are really good. But when things starts to go wrong, the time and energy to sort this mess I think is not worth it.

Good comment.

The point is that this WS up north that we go too (Aaron inclusive) is really good (service, technical expertise and value).

If their skills lousy but price is cheap, trust me none of us will go.

Also none of us are saying this is the only WS that we must patronize. In fact, many of us also go to sponsor WS or other WS in Singapore too for different repairs.

Nuff said, hope the threadstarter can keep us posted on his outcome on valve body issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Did a diagnosis ..... Don't think its a valve body issue. And re-calibrated the mechatronic etc .....

It's a gear lever selector issue ........

How to repair gear lever selector? Got such parts to replace only?

So your problem resolved after mechatronic reset by Codewerz?

raymysterio;1084855 said:
Hi bros,

Need to seek some advice.

I did the overhaul of my gearbox up north when the red rambutan warning came and the workshop advise on doing the overhaul with the replacement of the clutch plates and solenoids. Proceed to did the change and everything seems ok.

6 months down the road, the gearbox red warning came up again, this time i thought it may be due to the previous overhaul that was not done properly and went back to the workshop. The workshop told me need to change the valve body this time round.

It does not sound logical as I do not experience any jerking after the overhaul and isn't the overhaul and valve body change the same with the solenoids and clutch plate replacement?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuebt788com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back