Gearbox Solenoid Change - Jerking Problem Solved - E90

Re: Gearbox Solenoid Change - Jerking Problem Solved - E90

Sorry meant BVO...

About the 42k mileage...thats is a good question whether true or not. As a noob, I convinced myself it was true:
* PML receipts since 05 all the way to 2010. 2008 was about 12k. On 2010 receipts mileage about 22k or so. Then gradual increase in 2011 about 27k. And the 42 k in 2013.
* interior well kept. (Much better than my gently used '05 CRV I traded in) . Gas pedals and brake not worn off (just anedoctal as someone can just use cover on them)
* Owner was Indonesian sometimes in town as dealer told.

Funny I found on trunk all the BMW car care products still sealed: shampoo, wax, etc

daz3;1061764 said:
Did you mean BVO workshop or evo?

satomi;1061833 said:
Sorry meant BVO...

About the 42k mileage...thats is a good question whether true or not. As a noob, I convinced myself it was true:
* PML receipts since 05 all the way to 2010. 2008 was about 12k. On 2010 receipts mileage about 22k or so. Then gradual increase in 2011 about 27k. And the 42 k in 2013.
* interior well kept. (Much better than my gently used '05 CRV I traded in) . Gas pedals and brake not worn off (just anedoctal as someone can just use cover on them)
* Owner was Indonesian sometimes in town as dealer told.

Funny I found on trunk all the BMW car care products still sealed: shampoo, wax, etc

Ok thanks.So they charged you $85 for the reprogramming?Who did you approach?

The mechanic boss, Tay drove the car and did the reprogramming himself. Once done, tested again.

daz3;1061843 said:
Ok thanks.So they charged you $85 for the reprogramming?Who did you approach?

hi there, been to e workshop which Aaron recommended, would say e service provided is way better then some workshop in Singapore... n most important, e charges r very reasonable..

once again, thks a lot Aaron for sharing this gd place!!!~~~...

My E90 also suddenly having transmission jerking problem. PML quoted me about $5K to change the mechatronic. Need to get it sorted out urgently, could a kind bro PM me the workshop contact Aaron recommended. Thanks.

vnordost;1073047 said:
My E90 also suddenly having transmission jerking problem. PML quoted me about $5K to change the mechatronic. Need to get it sorted out urgently, could a kind bro PM me the workshop contact Aaron recommended. Thanks.

JB workshop or in Singapore? Their contacts are all over this forum

Thanks for the helpful info, a few bros have PMed me the JB and Spore workshops contacts. I'm a newbie to this forum thing.
BMW really is Bring Me Worries... lol

After worries solved will Bring More Women so no worries, lol!

canuck78;1073053 said:
After worries solved will Bring More Women so no worries, lol!

Ha ha....
I know this is true for u

vnordost;1073052 said:
Thanks for the helpful info, a few bros have PMed me the JB and Spore workshops contacts. I'm a newbie to this forum thing.
BMW really is Bring Me Worries... lol

Don't worry a thing.
There are many people around to help u.

Bro ,
Can you pm me the workshop that you have sent ye car to and the cost for labour...thanks so much.....

----------

Aaron_BMW;949010 said:
Dear all,

This post is especially for those who have gear box jerking problem and are at a lost at what to do.

For those whom are deciding to buy a pre-owned BMW and yet you have hear of scary tales of the expensive gear box repair, this post is to assure you that having to maintain a BMW is not so bad and I do recommend you to go ahead with the purchase of a BMW and join our big family.

Problem:
My BMW jerked forward when coming to a complete stop.
It’s not a very bad jerk but I do not enjoy it.
This is also known as common problem for E90 and I would deem this under fair wear and tear of the gear box solenoid.

Solution:
Simply replace the solenoid and with a reprogramming of the gear box.
My gear box works perfectly fine immediately after replacing the solenoids.

Function of solenoids:
Simply for the gear change from 1 to 6 and the 7th solenoid is for reverse.

Value for money recommendation:
Our BMW has a 40,000 KM gear oil change interval together with the oil pan which is actually the in-build gear oil filter. So I recommend to do the solenoid replacement together with the gear oil change as part of the servicing.

Items needed:
Please see pics below.
IMG_3460.jpg

Oil pan with build in oil filter

IMG_3461.jpg

Gear oil * 7 bottles

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_4222_zpsb539c58f.jpg

Replacement solenoid to solve the jerking problem.

Conclusion:
Our gear box is still great and should last us for a long time. The solenoid in the gear box might not last as long but this does not mean our gear box is damaged unless proven otherwise that the gear box is really damaged and needs to overhaul. I hope this sharing helps to assure a lot of our bros and sis here for our BMW.

What should you do if you want to ask me for the workshop and contacts?
You should PM me and make my life easier to just reply u in the PM.
The forum rules do not allow anyone to post workshop name or price.

lime888;1074310 said:
Bro ,
Can you pm me the workshop that you have sent ye car to and the cost for labour...thanks so much.....

----------

hi bro, pls pm me the WS and the cost of repair. thanks

lime888;1074310 said:
Bro ,

----------

Ok, PM u now....

topprize123;1074659 said:
hi bro, pls pm me the WS and the cost of repair. thanks

PM u now.............

Hi Aaron, could you kindly pm me the workshop contact too? I have additional symptom, sometime when I step accelerator from 2nd to 3 gear, it doesn't engaged immediately and will have a short interval of like stuck in between 2nd n 3rd gear. Is this also likely caused by the solenoid?

skii;1076755 said:
Hi Aaron, could you kindly pm me the workshop contact too? I have additional symptom, sometime when I step accelerator from 2nd to 3 gear, it doesn't engaged immediately and will have a short interval of like stuck in between 2nd n 3rd gear. Is this also likely caused by the solenoid?

PM u now too

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helpdeskaustralia
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back