Gearbox Solenoid Change - Jerking Problem Solved - E90

Re: Gearbox Solenoid Change - Jerking Problem Solved - E90

no.diagnose in.SG....ratio monitoring clutch A and C

Thhmarc;1080930 said:
no.diagnose in.SG....ratio monitoring clutch A and C

U see, the gear box problem cannot be solved if u don't put ur car at a workshop to have it taken out and see if any parts needed to be replaced.

I need u to drive ur car down to ur own preferred workshop and have it fixed.

By calling up and giving the error code cannot solve ur gearbox problem.

yes sir...now already thinking what to do.....recond or overhaul...

Thhmarc;1080934 said:
yes sir...now already thinking what to do.....recond or overhaul...

Recond how long is the warranty?

Overhaul at least you know what parts were changed.

Also gotta see how long more you intend to hold on to your car. If driving for few years, best to repair via overhaul option.

Everytime I accelerate I get the feeling of jerkiness. But no error codes. But the workshop person tells me the clutch ratios are healthy

Aaron,

can help to PM me the WS details, and the stockiest cost, and your total repair cost

Current ride at 150k km 2007 e90. Experiencing rumbling
Sound when at D and R only. There is also a loud thud sound when shift to P. No jerk so far.Just to check did u experience these symptoms bro?

Time to visit francis again..

Ninja;1081409 said:
Aaron,

can help to PM me the WS details, and the stockiest cost, and your total repair cost

Ok PM u now.....

propertyhans;1084914 said:
Sound when at D and R only. There is also a loud thud sound when shift to P. No jerk so far.Just to check did u experience these symptoms bro?

Something new to me......

totoseow;1084972 said:

OptimaWerkz can do ATF gearbox repairs?

Any guarantee given it's a sponsor WS?

Beware is a good warning esp to newbies to the preowned bmw camp - I would say for any WS, not just those up north.

Sounds like the mechatronic related change processes are incomplete .........

propertyhans;1084914 said:

canuck78;1084992 said:
OptimaWerkz can do ATF gearbox repairs?

Any guarantee given it's a sponsor WS?

Beware is a good warning esp to newbies to the preowned bmw camp - I would say for any WS, not just those up north.

CAN. gearbox or full engine overhaul. usually will ask u to come look at the damages and then u decide. only when u give go-ahead then we change. with a 6 mths warranty for any parts changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

totoseow;1085044 said:
CAN. gearbox or full engine overhaul. usually will ask u to come look at the damages and then u decide. only when u give go-ahead then we change. with a 6 mths warranty for any parts changed.

Good to hear.

Not many WS stand behind their work and reputation by giving warranty for their work done or parts installed.

Maybe another choice for those driving pre-owned bimmers facing a impending big repair bill.

Last edited by a moderator:

hi all, was researching on things for my ride. mileage so far 85K adi 2010 e90 ride. Recently i went for servicing at 80K my WS told me best to change ATF fluid and stuff didnt tell me need to change soleniods or reprogramme and told me all in around 600+

At that time cuz i have spent quite some $$ on replacing quite alot of stuff (engine mountings, valve cover gaskets even alternator) I said i would do so the next time.

Talked to some bros recently and they also advised me to change ATF fluid since 80K, dunno prev owner got ATF change before or not but i regularly check my car, didnt have a drop of leakage of anything except air con water and my ATF fluid looks still pale brown not black.

But since i took the ride i only have noticed that at times when i am at stop in D mode and my foot on the brakes, the car some times will jerk forward. I read online there are things like its the e90 legacy (its like that), the soleniods, reprogramming, atf flush or the soft stop issue etc.

I have not seen a red rambutan warning sign but just wanna ask if i should heed my mech advice and just go for atf flush.

Nattsg;1085168 said:
hi all, was researching on things for my ride. mileage so far 85K adi 2010 e90 ride. Recently i went for servicing at 80K my WS told me best to change ATF fluid and stuff didnt tell me need to change soleniods or reprogramme and told me all in around 600+

At that time cuz i have spent quite some $$ on replacing quite alot of stuff (engine mountings, valve cover gaskets even alternator) I said i would do so the next time.

Talked to some bros recently and they also advised me to change ATF fluid since 80K, dunno prev owner got ATF change before or not but i regularly check my car, didnt have a drop of leakage of anything except air con water and my ATF fluid looks still pale brown not black.

But since i took the ride i only have noticed that at times when i am at stop in D mode and my foot on the brakes, the car some times will jerk forward. I read online there are things like its the e90 legacy (its like that), the soleniods, reprogramming, atf flush or the soft stop issue etc.

I have not seen a red rambutan warning sign but just wanna ask if i should heed my mech advice and just go for atf flush.

By doing the ATF flush, it does not solve the solenoid problems.
If u have the solenoid problem, u have to get it replaced.

so does the jerking I described so far when stationary indicates it's likely my soleniods?

For a start - Get it scanned first ......

Nattsg;1085266 said:
so does the jerking I described so far when stationary indicates it's likely my soleniods?

Nattsg;1085266 said:

Yes, I am guessing u have the same problem.
It's not serious and easy to repair.

Additionally I want to share with u some servicing guide:

Normal servicing
- engine oil
- oil filter

30K KM
- air filter

40K KM
- gear oil
- gear oil filter

100K KM / 200K KM / 300K KM
- spark plugs
- water pump
- brake hose
- starter
- compressor
- fuel pump
- air-con / alternator belt

Yearly
- air-con filter

Every 2 years
- coolant

Based on worn off
- brake pad
- Tyres
- battery
- air-con / alternator belt

The rest is upon break down then replace

Hope this helps u....

Nattsg;1085168 said:

When i gt my ride same issue... after ws coded it.. no mre jerking

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back