Gearbox Solenoid Change - Jerking Problem Solved - E90

Re: Gearbox Solenoid Change - Jerking Problem Solved - E90

Nattsg;1085168 said:
But since i took the ride i only have noticed that at times when i am at stop in D mode and my foot on the brakes, the car some times will jerk forward. I read online there are things like its the e90 legacy (its like that), the soleniods, reprogramming, atf flush or the soft stop issue etc.

When i gt my ride same issue... after ws coded it.. no mre jerking

Aaron_BMW;1085282 said:
Yes, I am guessing u have the same problem.
It's not serious and easy to repair.

Additionally I want to share with u some servicing guide:

Normal servicing
- engine oil
- oil filter

30K KM
- air filter

40K KM
- gear oil
- gear oil filter

100K KM / 200K KM / 300K KM
- spark plugs
- water pump
- brake hose
- starter
- compressor
- fuel pump
- air-con / alternator belt

Yearly
- air-con filter

Every 2 years
- coolant

Based on worn off
- brake pad
- Tyres
- battery
- air-con / alternator belt

The rest is upon break down then replace

Hope this helps u....
Based on my experience, water pump is to be changed every 50k km.

Good reminder on water pump change at 50k interval. The part is only $70 last I bought one and it may lead to so much other issues if engine overheats,

Aaron bro. Can share with me where you do your gear box?
list of parts your changed?
Labour cost?
Parts cost?
Thanks

h4n;1089877 said:
Aaron bro. Can share with me where you do your gear box?
list of parts your changed?
Labour cost?
Parts cost?
Thanks

Ok, PM u now....

Aaron, thanks for providing the workshop contact.
I thought I was hearing some noise from my gearbox, so visited them yesterday. Was planning to replace atf and oil pan but mechanic told me it's due to wear and tear of some plates, nothing to worry about and replacing atf and oil pan may not get rid of the noise.

In the end I didn't do anything as my gearbox is running smooth.

I jumped the gun and bought the oil pan beforehand, am now willing to sell it for a discount to anyone planning to service your gearbox.
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/3-seri...ieds/85530-wts-e90-transmission-oil-sump.html

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I think I won't be using this part anytime soon so would rather benefit someone who needs it instead of letting it collect dust in the store room.

The mechanic who served me seemed knowledgeable, I will be going back there for some other issues.

Gearbox Solenoid Change - Jerking Problem Solved - E90

skip;1090781 said:
Aaron, thanks for providing the workshop contact.
I thought I was hearing some noise from my gearbox, so visited them yesterday. Was planning to replace atf and oil pan but mechanic told me it's due to wear and tear of some plates, nothing to worry about and replacing atf and oil pan may not get rid of the noise.

In the end I didn't do anything as my gearbox is running smooth.

I jumped the gun and bought the oil pan beforehand, am now willing to sell it for a discount to anyone planning to service your gearbox.
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/3-seri...ieds/85530-wts-e90-transmission-oil-sump.html

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I think I won't be using this part anytime soon so would rather benefit someone who needs it instead of letting it collect dust in the store room.

The mechanic who served me seemed knowledgeable, I will be going back there for some other issues.

U should change the oil pan with 7L gear oil every 40,000 KM.
Usually takes 1 or 2 years time to hit 40K KM depending on usage of car.
For me, is less than a year

Last edited by a moderator:

canuck78;1085407 said:
Good reminder on water pump change at 50k interval. The part is only $70 last I bought one and it may lead to so much other issues if engine overheats,

Can pls advise when changing water pump, is there substantial dismantle of other parts in order to access the water pump? Bit worried end up weakening other parts in the process of water pump change....tks..Mine's > 100K kilo liao..

lylcnn;1090819 said:
Can pls advise when changing water pump, is there substantial dismantle of other parts in order to access the water pump? Bit worried end up weakening other parts in the process of water pump change....tks..Mine's > 100K kilo liao..

Don't think so, it's all access from the bottom directly.

while going at a very slow speed 10-20 km/hr and when i let go the gas pedal, the car will have this jerk feeling and a slight "tong" sound, although not often but very "pek che".....

what could be the cause?

i just had the valve body serviced....

Ninja;1090892 said:
while going at a very slow speed 10-20 km/hr and when i let go the gas pedal, the car will have this jerk feeling and a slight "tong" sound, although not often but very "pek che".....

what could be the cause?

This is interesting.
Please have ur car checked and let us know too?

lylcnn;1090819 said:

View attachment 62501

View attachment 62502

This is where it is.....
U should change as ur mileage is due for water pump change and best before it breaks down

You can remove this by disabling the NIC (neutral idle control). Look for Codewerz

Ninja;1090892 said:

what could be the cause?

Good thing my doctor is not like that ......

open me up and see first - diagnostics no use ?

BMW engineers put in all those sensors for show only ya ?

Aaron_BMW;1080932 said:
U see, the gear box problem cannot be solved if u don't put ur car at a workshop to have it taken out and see if any parts needed to be replaced.

I need u to drive ur car down to ur own preferred workshop and have it fixed.

By calling up and giving the error code cannot solve ur gearbox problem.

Red_Bean_Bun;1090905 said:
Good thing my doctor is not like that ......

open me up and see first - diagnostics no use ?

BMW engineers put in all those sensors for show only ya ?

Ouch ...... :slaphead:

canuck78;1090903 said:
You can remove this by disabling the NIC (neutral idle control). Look for Codewerz

Codewerz bro any advise ?

Aaron_BMW;949025 said:
thanks
of course not~!

I am driving a 2008 320i with GM gearbox. I recently started to experience jerking at low gear change...from 1st to 2nd gear. Workshop told me it's mechatronic problem and need to replace. He also mention that GM transmission doesn't have solenoid like ZF transmission, therefore need to change the entire mechatronic. Is this true?

Ninja;1091012 said:
Codewerz bro any advise ?

Sent you a PM bro .....

Simeon;1091096 said:
I am driving a 2008 320i with GM gearbox. I recently started to experience jerking at low gear change...from 1st to 2nd gear. Workshop told me it's mechatronic problem and need to replace. He also mention that GM transmission doesn't have solenoid like ZF transmission, therefore need to change the entire mechatronic. Is this true?
Whether it's true depends on the ws reputation

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8823

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back