• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

good buy?

Re: good buy?

regret;458188 said:
i call liao..mileage 150000km...u WAN??? :)

Bro Regret,

Was able to show u this url...but u seen it liao. Dealer asking $20k above paper...average depreciation is about $7200. Worth to consider cos I think BMW's body by the 5th year is at least $10k right? Your potential loss if you scrap the car at 5th year is about $10k if you can close the deal at $62k.

my 2 cents, if you dont mind.

But of course, the key issue here is also the amount of wear and tear this car suffered for the last 4 yrs...100+k mileage!

bt i think by the time i wan to export the car nobody wan the body!! mileage super high!! :(

i was wondering if it's okie to get a 05 car. Seems like there is a high risk of getting problem leh. How is the experience like for ppl who is driving 5yr old car here?

Hi youkeat,

check the mileage so long not like 110km onwards is fine...........

happy hunting

cheers

regret;458213 said:
bt i think by the time i wan to export the car nobody wan the body!! mileage super high!! :(
Smart guy, think the body value at 5th year is zero (scrap metal value as repair cost > body value), so the depreciation is more than $10K a year, excluding the $$ you have to spend on repairs in 1 year

youkeat;458223 said:
i was wondering if it's okie to get a 05 car. Seems like there is a high risk of getting problem leh. How is the experience like for ppl who is driving 5yr old car here?
Its depends from car to car and how the ex owners treat their cars. There are 4 to 5 years cars in super good condition and also there are 1 year old cars that require thousands of $$$ to repair, it really depends. Suggest when in doubt, engage a mechanic to check, $$$ that cannot be saved

achee;458286 said:
Smart guy, think the body value at 5th year is zero (scrap metal value as repair cost > body value), so the depreciation is more than $10K a year, excluding the $$ you have to spend on repairs in 1 year

Hi achee,

when u say body value at 5th year is zero, it is because the car cant be exported to certain countries anymore? How about body value in local market? I still see some 6-7 yr old 3 series selling ard 5-10K above paper in the local market...am looking ard for used 3 series (ard 3yrs)..so need to find out more.

Thanks

silverfern7;458348 said:
Hi achee,

when u say body value at 5th year is zero, it is because the car cant be exported to certain countries anymore? How about body value in local market? I still see some 6-7 yr old 3 series selling ard 5-10K above paper in the local market...am looking ard for used 3 series (ard 3yrs)..so need to find out more.

Thanks

Yeah, I am also curious leh...

For my previous E36, I scrapped it in the 7th year and the body value was about S$3k...

silverfern7;458348 said:
Hi achee,

Thanks
Bro regret is right, it depends on demand. If everyone thinks like bro regret and I, then body value is zero (no buyer).

BTW, just to share, a few months back I wanted to give my 4-year old Mazda 3 to my friend in NZ FOC, he did'nt want cos he told me the export cost and car tax he had to pay was equivalent to buying a similar 2nd hand Mazda 3 there, so no point.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23winfarm

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back