Grudge Match - The Saga Continues......

I have no clear intentions of siding with Shaun in this aspect, nor to side with you.

To be frank, i have not even read the complete "war", gave up after too many quoted paragraphs and remarks traded here and there. On a note, i believe that both of you could amicably sort things out between yourselves, and perhaps be good friends online or offline. Well, at least it happened with Clarence and Shaun. I still clearly remember the war of words back then.

Okay, i may be deemed to be sitting on the fence here, but i'm sure both of you and everyone else understand why. I'm fine with both of you guys swiping at each other, but till the point where others join in and word gets around that so&so is this..and so&so is that..other folks will in time to come, follow what cabrio_ken has said and, sadly, will continue to say, even if this is in the OT thread.

My "threat" of temporarily locking this thread, is to allow both and everyone else, who is reading, a chance to cool down and resort to better alternative means to resolving this.

My responsibility to bmw.sg is to try to keep it "safe" for everyone. Not you and Shaun.

Okay, that's all from me. Likewise, i welcome any suggestions on how to keep this forum in check. Thank you both for not resorting to "Tiong Chia" ways.

Kenntona said:
I will give you my assurance that I will not respond to Shaun’s postings hereon. Likewise I need him to stay clear of my path. The agreement is bilateral. Like any other forumers, he is welcomed to join the Grudge Match, but if he is gonna do the same critical fault-finding in this thread again, then it would not be fair to me or the participants here for the admin to lock this thread if I respond. Doing that will surely tip the scale of rules to Shaun’s end, in my opinion.

Back to Grudge Match:

Legality asides, the greater hypocrisy of upholding code of ethics:

(1) Using pirated softwares without regards to originators; or
(2) Installing replica auto parts without regards to OEM names?

If deemed, I should be pronounced guilty of both options in watching pirated DVDs, using replica auto parts, as well as other conviction without trial, all premised on the same principle.

Spidey wrote :
“I now exit this thread having never once resorted to vulgar anger.”

Smart Choice Spidey…… :wavey:

Tanzy..

Still looking fwd to your e-mail….kid..

Kenn,
I think using pirated softwares w/o regards to its orginators.

In the replica products , it's still acknowledged as replicas. Give ya an example replica wheels....there hasnt been a "real" issue with regard to upholding biz ethics and the products are freely and legitimately advertised world wide in major media such as magazines..

Now...
Car chase scenes,...which ones more thrilling..
Taxi3
or
Ronin?

Shaun,

"who and where? didn't he acknowledge the source? really"

I dont need to tell you where or whether he acknowledged the source or not coz u know why?...U would take complete credibility for what he said coz u assume he's well senior enough and hence he would know what he's talking bout..

FYI, when he told me...I joked and thanked him for his dedication and help, not questioning/poking him nor downgrading his credentials.

However, the situation above btwen u and Kenn wasnt like that. Many people are reading these recent posts and most likely than not, they know where you're coming from.

U take care young man.

Ken
If legality asides, Using pirated softwares without regards to originators.. y nt? No body is so free and boh liao to pin point u except the authorities…. :naughty:

Jack..
“Car chase scenes,...which ones more thrilling.. Taxi3 or Ronin?”

Taxi Taxi…. Still cnt believe they actually did the stunts with an E65.. 760 somemore… and lagi best the babes are the ones doing the stunts..!! :drool: :drool:

GM..
The 760 in Taxi, prefer
Red
Or
Blue

Hymics said:
GM..
The 760 in Taxi, prefer
Red
Or
Blue

haha, u thinking of installing the peel-off paint on your car izzit? :dance:

prefer red, more fierce! :furious:

GM...

Mama Mia or

Singing in the Rain?

Hymics said:
Tanzy..

Still looking fwd to your e-mail….kid..

I see no reason to further communicate with a brute. Let's do it here if you really wish to. Are you worried that I will ridicule you .... old man...? Further, I've already said all that is required. The ball is in your court.

quiksilver,

Havent seen both but heard Mama Mia is a blast..Everyone enjoyed it..

Alfa GT
or
Atra 2.0 Turbo ?

Winston said:
Kenntona I didn't know you studied at least somewhat, engine design. wah you know everything from engines to women to plato. very impressive!!!

regarding the extra cams, gears, and drives on the V6, what are your thoughts on single cam V6s and how it would be implemented?

what levels of applicability of the cooling statements about the V6, do you see with regard to the two main cooling options. Do you not think it is lopsided?

been trying to figure out the balance/out of balance (primary and secondary, couples if any) for 72 vs 90 deg V10s. Can you help? A paint or freehand sketch will help... only takes 5 minutes for guys like you. Firing order suggestions assuming no space for crossovers? can?

For all intention and purposes of what have been going on, I refer to the first posting made. The question posted was on engine design but strangely molted be a disguised forum on plagiarism. There was no need for such underhandedness, and it is indeed reprehensible and inexpiable. This outlandish behavior both perplexes and perturbs. Culpability deserving, suggest we remain objective and stay focus to what ignited this barrage of discussion.

erm winston....and in simple english it means????

tia boh....

ryan said:
I have no clear intentions of siding with Shaun in this aspect, nor to side with you.

To be frank, i have not even read the complete "war", gave up after too many quoted paragraphs and remarks traded here and there. On a note, i believe that both of you could amicably sort things out between yourselves, and perhaps be good friends online or offline. Well, at least it happened with Clarence and Shaun. I still clearly remember the war of words back then.

Okay, i may be deemed to be sitting on the fence here, but i'm sure both of you and everyone else understand why. I'm fine with both of you guys swiping at each other, but till the point where others join in and word gets around that so&so is this..and so&so is that..other folks will in time to come, follow what cabrio_ken has said and, sadly, will continue to say, even if this is in the OT thread.

My "threat" of temporarily locking this thread, is to allow both and everyone else, who is reading, a chance to cool down and resort to better alternative means to resolving this.

My responsibility to bmw.sg is to try to keep it "safe" for everyone. Not you and Shaun.

Okay, that's all from me. Likewise, i welcome any suggestions on how to keep this forum in check. Thank you both for not resorting to "Tiong Chia" ways.

Kenntona said:
I will give you my assurance that I will not respond to Shaun’s postings hereon. Likewise I need him to stay clear of my path. The agreement is bilateral. Like any other forumers, he is welcomed to join the Grudge Match, but if he is gonna do the same critical fault-finding in this thread again, then it would not be fair to me or the participants here for the admin to lock this thread if I respond. Doing that will surely tip the scale of rules to Shaun’s end, in my opinion.

remarkable effort ryan, i applaud ur handling of this fieiry situation, most other forums wld have locked the thread unannouced or sent warning emails to the guilty parties but you have chosen to let the fire and dust settle.

i'm proud to be a member of this forum.

Cheers!

Tanzy wrote :
“Let's do it here if you really wish to.”

Bhuahahahahah….. “Your do it here” is self defeating !…. Kiddo.. u r kiddin…. U dun give a damn tis thread close for 2 days…. I do!!!!
Listen… if u dun understand what ryan and fellow bros trying to drive last 2 days… tell u what..let me set the path easier for u to understand… here is my moble number.. (90023133)…. Jio a oldman in a proper manner… nt in te forum... I reckon!! cheaper 4U to make a local call compared to spidey….. :evil: :evil:
Looks like the ball is back to yr court now…!! :twisted: :twisted:

My last Grudge Match question pondered upon the greater hypocrisy of upholding code of ethics:

(1) Using pirated softwares without regards to originators; or
(2) Installing replica auto parts without regards to OEM names?

TripleM said:
I think using pirated softwares w/o regards to its orginators. In the replica products , it's still acknowledged as replicas. Give ya an example replica wheels....there hasnt been a "real" issue with regard to upholding biz ethics and the products are freely and legitimately advertised world wide in major media such as magazines..

Hymics said:
If legality asides, Using pirated softwares without regards to originators.. y nt? No body is so free and boh liao to pin point u except the authorities….

TripleM/Hymics,

Purely argumentative here. If you think about it, both are piracy of intellectual property rights, at least in principle. In both cases, the manufacturers of the original products engaged creative engineers to design, sophisticated plants to manufacture, and extensive marketing effort to distribute the products. Undeniably, both pirated softwares and replica parts stole the design and product specifications, used low cost production techniques (hence the lower prices), and did not market these products like the OEMs do with a certain product endorsement. Thus, to a certain degree, the relevant authorities are hypocritical in championing the IP rights on pirated softwares and condoning replica parts. We know that replica parts do not truly possess any of what has been branded - only has put the effort to reverse engineer it, restructure it, and present it as a cheaper alternative sharing similar designs, if not identical. Mind you, the laymen (perhaps even a bimmer driver) on the road would never be able to tell the differences between a OEM product and a replica parts, even if the distributors acknowledge them as replicas at the point of sales. In both cases, you will see the irony of “copying” here, and presenting the products as if there are the original, even if the intention is not inherent to do so.

What hypocrisy. Philosophically, at least. Talk about integrity of one aspect (IP here), but condoning the other.

The talk and action are simply not coherent, if you apply the principle in a linear sense.

But, of course, there is always a different perspective to such issues. A more tolerant, if not indifferent, paradigm.

In reality, most of us, myself inclusive, do not give a damn about such issues, given our fanatical nature towards modding our rides. I have used replica parts for cosmetic mods. Do I care? No.

The point here is about our interests in modding our rides. Not about championing some morality issues. Else we would have practised a code of conduct so noble as to ban replica products and sanction distributors of replica products. But it would be ridiculous, would it not be?

I will just laugh it off. It is all a joke.

TripleM said:
Car chase scenes,...which ones more thrilling.. Taxi3 or Ronin?
Alfa GT or Atra 2.0 Turbo

Prefer that in Ronin. Actually should compare the 7’s in Transporter versus the 7’s in Taxi.

Hymics said:
The 760 in Taxi, prefer Red Or Blue

Blue. You are actually thinking about Gisele, are you not?

quiksilver said:
Mama Mia or Singing in the Rain?

Heard Mama Mia is more rave.

Another inconsistency in “moral judgement”. Which sounds more absurd:

Banning tobacco advertising but allowing alcohol sponsorship; or

Banning the use of Cantonese dialect in HK movies, but allowing Hokkien-peppered local sitcoms on TVs?

"Banning the use of Cantonese dialect in HK movies, but allowing Hokkien-peppered local sitcoms on TVs"...

....ok.. inconsistency in "moral judgement" aside,...I also personally prefer to watch movies in their original spoken language but with some sub-title..Worst is indian movies but dubbed in mandarin,..damn funny...

Which one looks more odd for a car says E46:
Fully body-kitted, lowered but rims size is 15
or
No bodykits, not lowered but 19inch rims and staggered?...Now try to use your imagination hahaha...gd luck

Fully body-kitted, lowered but rims size is 15
or
No bodykits, not lowered but 19inch rims and staggered?...Now try to use your imagination hahaha...gd luck

2nd option, but it does sound like puny's car for a while... kekeke...

Winnercafe, long time no hear from you....

just watched Gone in 60 seconds, GM, which is more exciting? Making love or stealing cars? And no you can't do both at the same time, you are not nicolas cage...

TripleM said:
Fully body-kitted, lowered but rims size is 15 or no bodykits, not lowered but 19inch rims and staggered?...Now try to use your imagination hahaha...gd luck

15"? No way. The second option sounds alright to me. Thought Winston's ride looks like that...... hahaha......

Winston said:
just watched Gone in 60 seconds, GM, which is more exciting? Making love or stealing cars? And no you can't do both at the same time, you are not nicolas cage...

Damn, when Angeline Jolie popped that question, I was thinking about posting that as well. Not at the same time, but surely you can make love in a stolen car? Haven't tried?

Didn't realise that there was an E39 cop car......

winnercafe said:
public holiday so many pple online play GM ah

I am sure the readership figure shot up over the last few days......

A bigger loser......

Cop with a burnt badge; or

Cop who has to take a cab to the crime scene?

Hymics,

No, the ball is still in your court. Refute my claims logically and answer properly if you are able to.

kenntona said:
A bigger loser......

Cop with a burnt badge; or

Cop who has to take a cab to the crime scene?

Cop with burnt badge. Cos the cop that takes a cab can always give excuse that he did not drive or was off duty then. No excuse allowed for a cop who lets his badge get taken away from him. :shoot:

GM:

Gisele or

Angelina Jolie?

:hmmidont:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
45678diy