Grudge Match - The Saga Continues......

Do we encourage the younger generation to try and get 100% for both languages

OR

Concede defeat and encourage them to master one at the expense of the other?

first option, the 2nd is not an option, most countries have their first and second language which includes Singapore. Of course, not everyone can attain both, but let the individual bloom and master what he may. Garner interest, lobby for extra time to learn the lanugage, but don't penalize. To concede defeat at this time when the use of Chinese is increasing important does not make sense.

Learn chinese language: the old way by repetition and spelling test or by watching movies and playing with some educational tools?

"Learn chinese language: the old way by repetition and spelling test or by watching movies and playing with some educational tools?"

Think the 2nd option is more practical.

The year is coming to an end and u are getting bonus from your employer..what are u gonna do with ur bonus?
Spend some of em to mod ur car
or
Nothing spent on mods whatsoever?

Mods, mods, mods!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Which to mod first:

Performance OR Aesthetics?

SL2,

Performance first and it's gonna be bigger rims..
Then body kits if the stock one looks crappy

Now...
Phillips or PIAA light bulbs?

TripleM,

Not sure about PIAA light bulbs, so I'll stick to Phillips.

Which is a more renowned brand: Ferrari or Lamborghini?

SL2,

Has to be Ferrari....
If u carry out some surveys, I am sure many would hv heard the name of Ferraris more than Lambo...
Actually Toyota is probably the most renowned hahahahaha...

Toothpaste:
Regular
or
Baking soda type?

TripleM,
Toothpaste:
Regular
or
Baking soda type?

Baking Soda Type?? :screwedu: I'd take the tried and tested Regular Type anyday! :thumbsup:

Hair Salon: Supercuts or Jean Yip?

SL2,

SuperCut....
JeanYip any good meh?

If ur rims are delayed for another month, what would u do?
Cancel the purchase and choose something else
or
Dun mind to wait for em?

TripleM,
If ur rims are delayed for another month, what would u do?
Cancel the purchase and choose something else
or
Dun mind to wait for em?

I'd wait. The reason why I decided on them in the first place is because I liked them, so it doesn't make any sense for me to switch to another brand or make.

Your home. Would you choose to buy:

Landed property(bearing in mind you'll have to clear the drain yourself if it chokes, fix your own roof blah blah blah)

OR

Condominium(where you pay for the maintenance fee and everything is taken care off by the management office)

SL2,

Condo for me...can park more cars oso hehe...
Landed prop like semi detached usually allows 1 space only..

Brake calipers;
2 piece calipers
Or
1 piece Monoblock ?

SL2 said:
Retirement: Vancouver or Perth?
Perth. Unless you prefer to fly over 20 hours each time you come back for Chinese New Year.
SL2 said:
Soaping the car half-way and it starts to pour. Do you continue soaping and hurry up wash OR stop totally and let the rain wash it off?
I've heard of Singing In The Rain. Never heard of Rinsing In The Rain.
SL2 said:
On a personal note, would you: Get a highly paid job with extreme stress, work till wee hours daily and living on the edge kind of environment(hire/fire company) OR Lesser paid job but very stable with almost zero stress, 9-5 environment?
My case sounds like the latter, and I am happy with that.
SL2 said:
The hot topic now: Bilingualism Do we encourage the younger generation to try and get 100% for both languages OR Concede defeat and encourage them to master one at the expense of the other?
I can speak both languages from driving taxi and working in MacDonald's in Simpang. And I could speak Malay from my exposure to the prata shop. Not to mention the 6 dialects that I've learnt from the wet market and the mahjong table. So, what's the problem?
SL2 said:
Which to mod first: Performance OR Aesthetics?
Heard of multi-tasking?
SL2 said:
Which is a more renowned brand: Ferrari or Lamborghini?
Ferrari. Everyone knows. As for the latter, some forumer named it as Lampaghini.
SL2 said:
Is Supercuts a mama-shop? Jean Yip sounds like those saloons with tinted glass panels...... so scary......
SL2 said:
Your home. Would you choose to buy: Landed property(bearing in mind you'll have to clear the drain yourself if it chokes, fix your own roof blah blah blah) OR Condominium(where you pay for the maintenance fee and everything is taken care off by the management office)
Landed. You are hopeless.
TripleM said:
Drizzling on a meet up day, u washed ur ride in the morning Do u go or u dont ?
Skip it. Herd mentality we are talking about, aren't we?
TripleM said:
Buying tyres.. Shop A is 100bux more expensive than shop B but the former has good service and lets u enjoy free top up of Nitro anytime while the latter is just like a one time biz kind of attitude and just fill up with normal air...
Service is important. That's why I love PML so much.
TripleM said:
Which one is a more painful news for u? BMW stops producing low cc cars, so say 3ltr onwards (bad for our Spore road tax system ) or Man U team completely disbanded ?
Do I care? I am only looking at the XR6 or the Monaro......
TripleM said:
The year is coming to an end and u are getting bonus from your employer..what are u gonna do with ur bonus? Spend some of em to mod ur car or Nothing spent on mods whatsoever?
I will be nice - buy a grand dinner for all the brothers here. Wouldn't you, Jack? Heard your employer is paying good bonus this year......
TripleM said:
Phillips. PIAA not approved by LTA?
TripleM said:
Toothpaste: Regular or Baking soda type?
Regular will do. If she uses the baking soda type, my foreskin will burn.
TripleM said:
If ur rims are delayed for another month, what would u do? Cancel the purchase and choose something else or Dun mind to wait for em?
Wait. SL2 can tahan elephant ears for so long, so what's the problem?
TripleM said:
Brake calipers; 2 piece calipers Or 1 piece Monoblock ?
2-piece. And I will not justify my choice, since I was flamed the last time I tried to justified my answer to your stupid question.
Winston said:
Learn chinese language: the old way by repetition and spelling test or by watching movies and playing with some educational tools?
How about learning it with the PRCs through some nite classes?

The better female Singapore Idol contestant:

Olinda or Daphne?

kenntona,

I will be nice - buy a grand dinner for all the brothers here. Wouldn't you, Jack? Heard your employer is paying good bonus this year......

Hmm......must wait for 2 more mths :verysad:
U're probably gone liao?

Phillips. PIAA not approved by LTA?

Agreed..

2-piece. And I will not justify my choice, since I was flamed the last time I tried to justified my answer to your stupid question.

Why not, scared of what ? I dont require acknowledgement anyway...Kopi on you for being a chicken shit..

Olinda or Daphne?

Olinda anytime...

HSV Monaro GTO
or
Skyline GTR-34?

TripleM said:
U're probably gone liao?
Will still be around to makan your feast.
TripleM said:
Why not, scared of what ? I dont require acknowledgement anyway...Kopi on you for being a chicken shit..
You'd know I am not a chicken shit. Just too tired of engaging in this tussle of naivete.
TripleM said:
HSV Monaro GTO or Skyline GTR-34?

HSV Monaro GTO. And I can boast and brag that you have never driven one...... hahaha......

Who's worse?

Jerry Ong or Christopher Lee?

Oh, BTW, did you realise that there is a error in the title Singapore Idol? Should it not be Singaporean Idol, vis-a-vis American Idol......

Jerry Ong or Christopher Lee?
Oh, BTW, did you realise that there is a error in the title Singapore Idol? Should it not be Singaporean Idol, vis-a-vis American Idol......

Think Chris Lee is a decent actor

Noticed that error but Singaporean sounds very local in international scene...No?

What shud I do with the wording on my licence plate frame that says Performance Motor Limite?
Keep it
or
Personalize it with something else? Prob says something like AMG/S4 Eater? :laughlik:

TripleM said:
What shud I do with the wording on my licence plate frame that says Performance Motor Limite? Keep it or Personalize it with something else? Prob says something like AMG/S4 Eater? :laughlik:

AMG Eater sounds good. But doubt the local Merc drivers know what it means.

And try to park besides DJ during the meetup.

Who would you rather date - Maia or Daphne?

Who would you rather date - Maia or Daphne?

Maia...not only she sings better, she also moves better too

Channel A shows VS Lingerie Fashion show
Channel B shows Jap car drifting competition..
Which one will u watch?

TripleM said:
Channel A shows VS Lingerie Fashion show
Channel B shows Jap car drifting competition..
Which one will u watch?

Two things came to mind:

(1) Zapping the remote control furiously. The intervals will come in handy.
(2) Record the drifting (or SMS someone to tape it) and watch the VS show.

I WILL watch the VS show. Hard to come by......

Office slogans. Which one "encourages" you more?

"Aim Low, Reach Your Goals, Avoid Disappointment."

OR

"Indecision is the key to flexibility."

"Aim Low, Reach Your Goals, Avoid Disappointment."

keyword here is Reach Ur Goals so if u think u reached em, then you hv some power to do the talking..

Actually this slogan is also applicable to gent's room :wavey:

Having a dinner with a chio-bu on a first day, she wants some water...
Do u order Evian for her
or
Being cheapskate by asking the waitress for plain water

TripleM said:
Having a dinner with a chio-bu on a first day, she wants some water...Do u order Evian for her or Being cheapskate by asking the waitress for plain water

Neither. Will let her decide and I will pass the order to the waiter. Might even suggest Perrier to her. Evian might be too cheapskate for her. Never assume on women. Tio boh?

Same scenario. She is suggestive. Even provocative. Told you she want something erotic for desert. Would you suggest:

Chocolates; or

Strawberries with Whipped Cream?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hello88st

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups