Grudge Match - The Saga Continues......

BorisRS said:
A Golden Retriever any day of the week. Grew up with 5 of them (at various stages, damn things only live for a decade plus....!) and they are super dogs.

You are a lucky chap. Those retriever puppies are gorgeous.

BorisRS said:
new 997 in a bright colour or a dark subtle one?

Bright colour - Yellow or Red.

Over one fine day, with your lovely wife or girlfriend......

go for a hot air balloon ride, or cruise on own yacht?

Puny: Bladder, have a small lightweight racing fuel tank so that is always an issue for me!

Kenn: Hot Air balloon ride please. Boats always make us mildly queasy at best.

Answer the football question...

Puny said:
Cats with attitude:
1) Garfield
2) Puss in Boots (Shrek 2)

Garfield. Bo chap attitude.

Puny said:
Definitely the left one.. Don't be fooled by the innocent facade. This puppy has the potential to make it's owner do anything with it's deliberate head tilt and watery eyes....

Some gals can do the same, if not better......

Puny said:
Army days, which is more difficult?
- Staying awake during a humid lecture day for 4 hours.
- Holding your bladder for 1 hr after a 1 litre water parade.

Staying awake on a hot humid lecture day, especially after lunch. I can hold my bladder well.

BorisRS said:
Fantasy football time....who will win assuming both teams at full strength and playing in good form? Arsenal V England

Not a tough call at all. Arsenal. Close match in the midfield, comparing the Vieira-Gilberto-Pires-Ljunberg formation against Gerrard-Beckham-Scholes-Lampard combo. But upfront, who can be better than Henry-Reyes-Bergkamp? Owen-Rooney-Defoe-Smith are clearly not as threatening as the former three.

Arsenal or Real Madrid?

BorisRS said:
You are speaking with a blinkered Arsenal fan so the choice is obvious.

Hahaha..... Damn. Should not have open the topic. I will go talk to Alex. Clearly, the Van Nistelrooy-Saha-Rooney-Smith link has not show anything as yet.

BorisRS said:
Button or Montoya assuming same team i.e. same car

Jensen Button. Quite clear-cut, I'd thought.

Which is greater conspiracy: Roswell, or 1969 moon landing?

I would have to say Roswell cos I didnt know that there was any conspricy regarding the man on the moon!!

Go on, tell me about it. 8)

Okay, if you think Jensen is that quick,

Jensen or Kimi? Again, same car, fair fight over 1 season

Guess I hv missed alot of GM today...

Back to the dogs...My fav, whether before born, pup, adult,old or whatever the age is, is always goin to be Golden Retriever. I need a bigger apt thou in order to have that dog :(

Ok now, u boyz carry on first..busy here...

TripleM said:
Guess I hv missed alot of GM today...

Back to the dogs...My fav, whether before born, pup, adult,old or whatever the age is, is always goin to be Golden Retriever. I need a bigger apt thou in order to have that dog :(

Ok now, u boyz carry on first..busy here...

Must let you know that I still have the ashes of my most beloved GR, Yarra in my house. She sits in the cupboard watching over all of us. Greatest dog I ever had. Her fav party trick was to go for car rides and stick her nose out of the window. At the lights, she would sneakily lean forward and 'Wuff' into some poor unsuspecting motorcyclist's ear. Did it time and again and always was up for a car ride. In fact, many years ago, my old man wanted to get an SL and one owner was very kind and brought his pride and joy over to our house to show it to us (No. plate was a super cool SL300). Once he opened the door to get out, Yarra jumped right in, drool and all. The poor chap was most upset.....

I know. I know, OT in an IT thread.....

Back to the GM,

for sheer profit margin, nobody smells an opportunity like OHL so has to be him.

medium priced ladies evening watches (say between 5-7k),

Chopard or Jeager?

BorisRS said:
Must let you know that I still have the ashes of my most beloved GR, Yarra in my house. She sits in the cupboard watching over all of us. Greatest dog I ever had. Her fav party trick was to go for car rides and stick her nose out of the window. At the lights, she would sneakily lean forward and 'Wuff' into some poor unsuspecting motorcyclist's ear. Did it time and again and always was up for a car ride. In fact, many years ago, my old man wanted to get an SL and one owner was very kind and brought his pride and joy over to our house to show it to us (No. plate was a super cool SL300). Once he opened the door to get out, Yarra jumped right in, drool and all. The poor chap was most upset.....

I know. I know, OT in an IT thread.....

Quite a melancholy. A touching one. I have a pooch which I have not seen his last breath. He passed away when I was overseas.

Don't really care about the OT part. In any case, I am the thread initiator...... hahaha......

BorisRS said:
medium priced ladies evening watches (say between 5-7k), Chopard or Jeager?

Chopard. But both not my kind.

Panerai, or Breitling?

Panerai, or Breitling?
Breitling. Like it more......

Les is scared he kena OT polis......hahahahaha

which is worse? OT polis or spelling polis?

That's the biggest problem with dogs. They lifespans are just too short. Now that I have moved out and have the wife and 2 young kids, havent had a dog for a while. But plan to once the kids are old/responsible enough and then this cycle of bawling our eyes out will start all over again every decade or so....

Funny thing about elegant slim ladies evening watches is that they are so 'old-fashioned' compared to what is currently in vogue. But seeing a lady all dolled up for a formal dinner wearing a clock round her wrist is just still odd la.

Have to go with Brietling cos I think the Panerais are the result of a bit of a cynical marketing excercise (the always out of stock syndrome) but must admit that I dont really like either. There is the shop below your office that has another chunky italian brand? I prefer that one.

High end evening watch:
Lange or PP?

Shit stirrer Rodders: Spelling polis (BTW, did I spell Stirrer correctly?)

Ken: What ladies evening watch would you choose then?

rodders said:
which is worse? OT polis or spelling polis?

OT polis. No chance to argue. Sentence without trial.

For you, bro - Cordoba FCWE, or Takamine ESF48C?

kenntona said:
For you, bro - Cordoba FCWE, or Takamine ESF48C?

WTF? Former is a cup version of the Seat saloon and the latter is some Jap singing sensation like that morning mamasan that tanzy and Dvanos were talking about?

Cordoba FCWE, or Takamine ESF48C?

Takamine of course!! Like the pitch it produces.......though I prefer a Taylor any day....

Alto sax or trumpet?

WTF? Former is a cup version of the Seat saloon and the latter is some Jap singing sensation

Les ........can see that you're not into musical instruments.........just a 100% pure petrolhead!!

:shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

You know me well....was lucky enough to have parents who never forced us to do anything we didnt want and I never wanted to be indoors when young. So am musically illiterate. :laughlik:

Our friend must have gone to hover over the porcelain god for a bit.....

ok, keep this rolling, trumpet cos have been in a couple of jazz bars in NY and the sounds they make with the trumpet are awesomely fornicating.....

Hi-Fi question:

Tube amps or solid state

Tube amps or solid state

Depends on the type pf speakers used as well as the type of music.

For me I'll take the tube amp cos of the warmer sound it produces especially when I play my LPs

On the subject of Hi-Fi....

LPs or CDs?

CDs. My LPs are WAY dusty.

Agree with your point about speakers and amps.

Ribbon Speakers or conventional cones?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwincomdev
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back