Grudge Match - The Saga Continues......

Gotta be Jap given the huge population

The slogan that begins "One out of every three trucks on the road is" was used by General Motors.
True or False?

TripleM said:
Is it true or false: Converting a two tailpipe exhaust pipe (say 320) into quad pipe (functional!) like in M3 will have no performance impact whatsoever..

I am quite inclined to say it will have an impact on performance. We are talking about only the downstream. If the up-pipe is unaltered, having additional exhaust tips would be detrimental for the airflow. If the header is not flowing enough gases for the entire system, in this case via larger muffler and many pipes, the gases will loose their velocity. If the gases get too slow the car loses torque, and if too many exhaust tips are mounted, you can even lose top end power as well.

Just my guess.

Still on exhaust system, which of the following exhaust configurations is better (efficient) for a 4-cylinder engine?

4-2-1 configuration, or 4-1 configuration?

TripleM said:
The slogan that begins "One out of every three trucks on the road is" was used by General Motors. True or False?

It's gotta be GM.

What is the origin of the saying, "know thy enemy?"

Alexander, or Sun Tzu?

Both have advantages, but the 4-1 header design creates better torque.

Kinda agree with ur expl above

Now, rather interesting one:...
According to some automotive analysts:
Which 5 auto brands will survive in the long runs (ie other words, the smaller ones will be under their flags)
1) Toyota, VW, GM, Ford and Daimler-Chrysler
or
2) Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford and Daimler-Chrysler ?

kenntona said:
TripleM said:
The slogan that begins "One out of every three trucks on the road is" was used by General Motors. True or False?

It's gotta be GM.

What is the origin of the saying, "know thy enemy?"

Alexander, or Sun Tzu?

It's not GM. So the statement is false.
Think shud be Ford

My guess is Alexander

TripleM said:
According to some automotive analysts: Which 5 auto brands will survive in the long runs (ie other words, the smaller ones will be under their flags)
1) Toyota, VW, GM, Ford and Daimler-Chrysler or
2) Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford and Daimler-Chrysler ?

Gotta be Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford and Daimler-Chrysler. Don't think (1) VW is adequately sizeable to amass the entire German and European market; (2) Both Toyota and Honda have significant market shares.

Which classic film was promoted under the slogan: "Don't give away the ending - it's the only one we have?"

The Boston Strangler, or Psycho?

Unfortunately the answer is VW bro
Thou Honda has huge mkt share but it hasn't done much of acquisition or almost nothing compared to VW's aggressive buying frenzy in the last 10yrs.

Pyscho for that quote

Which flat screen sys lasts longer:
Plasma or LCD ?

TripleM said:
It's not GM. So the statement is false. Think shud be Ford

Think? You could not ascertain the answer? Damn. Never mind. One kopi on me.

TripleM said:
My guess is Alexander

Wrong. Caught you. This is a classic line from The Art of War by Sun Tzu. The full sentence is, "Know thy enemy and know thy self and you will win a hundred battles." One kopi on you. Squared.

Famous pick-up line: “Was that cannon fire, or is it my heart pounding?” from which movie?

The Postman Always Rings Twice, or Casablanca?

TripleM said:
Unfortunately the answer is VW bro Thou Honda has huge mkt share but it hasn't done much of acquisition or almost nothing compared to VW's aggressive buying frenzy in the last 10yrs.

I do not agree with the analysts. Simplistically, giants like GM has to keep multiple product lines to maintain exposure to various consumers: Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Oldsmobile, Saturn and Hummer. You need no scale nor size to remain profitable and maintain growth prospects. Scope is more important than scale in the automobile industry.

TripleM said:
Which flat screen sys lasts longer: Plasma or LCD ?

LCD manufacturers claim that their displays last, on average, 50,000 to 75,000 hours. In point of fact, an LCD TV will last as long as its backlight does - and those bulbs can actually be replaced! Since this is nothing more than light passing through a prismatic substrate, there is essentially nothing to wear out in an LCD monitor.

Plasma, on the other hand, utilizes slight electric currents to excite a combination of noble gases (i.e., argon, neon, xenon), which then glow red, blue, and/or green. This is an essentially active phenomenon, so the phosphoric elements in plasma displays fade over time. The half-life of these gases is approximately 25,000 to 30,000 thousand hours. At this point, the phosphors will glow half as brightly as they did when the set was new. There is no way to replace these gases; the display simply continues to grow dimmer with use.

More pick-up lines......

“We’re going to know each other eventually, why not now?”

Red Dust, or Across The Pacific?

"We’re going to know each other eventually, why not now?"
Sounds like Across the Pacific

Which model did NOT appear in the George Michael music video 'Too Funky
Gisele Bundchen
or
Karen Mulder?

Jack,
Gisele Bundchen... I think....

and to one and all... greetings from Bermuda...

speaking of bermuda,
when was it discovered?

1600s

or 1700s?

TripleM said:
Which model did NOT appear in the George Michael music video 'Too Funky Gisele Bundchen or Karen Mulder?

Gisele Bundchen.

MRacer77 said:
speaking of bermuda, when was it discovered? 1600s or 1700s?

Was discovered in 1609.

Des, enjoy your stay there.

Famous pick-up line: “Was that cannon fire, or is it my heart pounding?” from which movie?

The Postman Always Rings Twice, or Casablanca?

Casablanca 1940s

100m sprint WR holder
Maurice Green
Or
Tim Montgomery?

TripleM said:
100m sprint WR holder Maurice Green Or Tim Montgomery?

Montgomery ran 9.78 seconds in 2002. Lemme search this topic. Believe it has been covered. If I find it, half a dozen of soybean milk on you.

Social Dance - Swing, or Lindy Hop?

Gd Luck searching
Previously I asked u how many strides one....

Lindy Hop bro,...are u thinking of taking a dancing class?

Driest place in the world?
Sahara Desert
or
Acatama Desert?

TripleM said:
Lindy Hop bro,...are u thinking of taking a dancing class?

Perhaps. Need to find the partner first......

BTW, Lindy Hop is known as Jitterbug.

TripleM said:
Driest place in the world? Sahara Desert or Acatama Desert?

Acatama Desert.

Ballroom dancing - Tango or Salsa?

Acatama is correct...it has been recorded with as low as 0.004 inch rain per year :verysad: and not only that....some parts hadnt rained for 400years.... :screwedu: :whattheh:

Has to be Salsa bro...sexy moves man

Which one of this ancient world wonders is older?
The Temple of Artemis
Or
Colossus of Rhodes?

The Temple of Artemis AD 401
Colossus of Rhodes 282 B.C.

exotic plant:
Goldenberry, Cape Gooseberry (Physalis peruviana)
Kangaroo Apple (Solanum laciniatum)

Like anything that i berry so will go for Goldenberry, Cape Gooseberry , HalleBerry

Top income professionals in spore:
Doctors
or
Lawyers?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lodetructuyennet