Help! I dented my 528i

Re: Help! I dented my 528i

Singapore Brummie;789378 said:
If it is not apparent and only noticeable if you stare at that particular point, I would keep the original paintwork and leave it. The worst thing is getting it resprayed and the colour match is way off. I have seen many doors resprayed where the colour is so different, especially on matt finishes and it looks awful.

Thanks bro. I thought about it also and decided to trust Revols. I mean if they are not confident, they won't promise me because I will be back here behind this computer writing a review about it. So I think they have the know how and expertise to do a good job. I will surely KPKB if they screw up on me...

primus22;789322 said:
Thanks MA.

I just got back from Revols, and they told me that the dent on my door is quite long. Unlike bro Woffles' dent, mine is longish, and they said that they can fix it but may have to panel beat it a bit. Thereafter, they will be smoothing it with cement and finally, they will then need to re-spray that part with paint. They also spotted another dent (which PML didn't) near the rear wheel. That part, again needs to be beaten, cemented, and the re-sprayed. I can't do the paintless removal because it won't be perfect.

I raised a concern on whether the paint will look exactly the same, and with same quality etc. They told me as a matter of fact that it will be very very close to the original. However, this is not like original BMW paintwork (if there is such a thing). It will be perfect if not close.

As it will take 2 days at least, I did not leave my car there but promised to return on Friday morning to get it fixed.

Total costs? S$1,318 - which is actually $1,218 for a grooming package for 5 times plus 6 free car wash. The dent repair, cement, respray? - Grand sum of S$100 if I sign up for the package.

I am not an accountant or anything, but it sounds like a no-brainer... Will update later after the experience... At least I got home today a bit happier - now that there is some light at the end of the tunnel :)

Sorry, just realized that I kept getting mixed up bro wobbles' name with the great doctor woffles. Paiseh!

primus22;789387 said:
Thanks bro. I thought about it also and decided to trust Revols. I mean if they are not confident, they won't promise me because I will be back here behind this computer writing a review about it. So I think they have the know how and expertise to do a good job. I will surely KPKB if they screw up on me...

Ask them to check undercarriage if really you have been brushing against humps?

primus22;789388 said:
Sorry, just realized that I kept getting mixed up bro wobbles' name with the great doctor woffles. Paiseh!

No worries bro primus - Woffles is the name of a rabbit in a children's book (by Enid Blyton - way before JK Rowling became famous). Me, I'm nicknamed after the way my beer gut moves as I walk.

I don't think you would regret going with Revol. I have to state for the record I don't get any freebies from them (any more than what anyone else would get anyway), and I don't get any commission, nor any special pricing from these guys.

All I got from them was a lot of satisfaction. Grooming quality AND my dent repaired.

Good things must share, bad things must KPKB on the forum to warn.

Luckily, thus far, only good things from Revol :)

primus22;789388 said:

Don't worry....I also keep calling him wrongly earlier on...haha

Just don't call him Bubbles

Otar;789216 said:
change door for a small dent? the fellow 'tao nao pai' sibo?

that's pml tao nao for you.... or maybe that day.. that fellow was suffering from high fever..

if i get dents.. first visit is always to the pdr guy at sin ming... he will tell you can or cannot...
once he told me.. can only do 95%... after he is done... i can't see the original dent...

qus;789590 said:
Ask them to check undercarriage if really you have been brushing against humps?

bro, I don't think they will be able to do that right? Or maybe I will be surprised .... the PML guy hoisted my car up and couldn't see any damage on the undercarriage.

anyway bros, after FURTHER reflection this morning, I decided to ask Revols to just try the PDR. I don't think I want to subject the car to a removal of the door panels, the panel beating, the cementing, the re-spraying and heat drying later. It is just too much for a 3 month old baby!

I will live with some imperfection ..

good choice.
after 1 year ... you have good reason to respray the whole car to restore to showroom condition :D

primus22;790021 said:
anyway bros, after FURTHER reflection this morning, I decided to ask Revols to just try the PDR. I don't think I want to subject the car to a removal of the door panels, the panel beating, the cementing, the re-spraying and heat drying later. It is just too much for a 3 month old baby!

Last edited by a moderator:

primus22;790021 said:

Think that's the wise decision - better choice to live with PDR and slight imperfection than panel beating and respray, especially since your car is so new. Nothing like original paint on metal parts unless the condition is really bad. Bumpers I am less concerned :)

Hey bro, why not go back to the same wisma carpark and dent the other side so that it will equal out both sides? ;) just KD.

Anyways, dents are sooner or later my friend.

primus22;790021 said:

Hi bros, I finally sent my car to Revols today for grooming and to fix my dent.
The results?? Damn bloody good! They managed do a paintless dent removal of the dent, and unless you really stare hard at it and know where it was, you really couldn't see it.

Thank you Steve and team at Revols!

I should start collecting commission from you people.... Congrats bro primus :)

Sibei steam right, Bro primus? Car looks damn good, and I think Revol gave you a good deal too :) congrats again!

I have never regretted going to and/or recommending Revol.

* Tire Pressure Loss **

Hi guys, I just got an error message in my car - "tyre pressure loss" while driving on the ECP on the way to the airport. I had a flight to catch, so I parked in the airport. When I got out of the car, I checked my tyres - and they looked OK. When I get back to Spore in the next few days, I am going to check it again - but if I have a puncture, should I just call PML BMW Assist to help me? Is PML's replacement tyre expensive? If not, can I just call someone outside to go to the airport's carpark to change the tyre??

Will appreciate if any bros out there can give some guidance. My car is only 3 mths old, and never driven off-road, not sure why got this problem!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
777vinname

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back