if go pml ... change 1 tyre for sure la .... hehe
hearsay, door dented abit ... suggest change whole door :lol:

Re: Help! I dented my 528i

wt_know;803894 said:
all well ends well :thumbsup:
$30 for internal patching is market rate and very reasonable
if go pml ... change 1 tyre for sure la .... hehe
hearsay, door dented abit ... suggest change whole door :lol:

Yes bro. Not hearsay, they did asked me to change my whole door!

primus22;803892 said:
Latest update : I saw my car again at 7.30pm and checked the tyres. Amazingly, all seem OK, not flat. I then called a tyre shop in Bkt Batok and the man assured me that it is safe to drive all the way to his shop so long as I go below 80 km/h. I then drove to his tyre shop and he was still waiting for me. His foreman checked the tyres and after 3 tyres, I thought to myself - maybe my BMW diagnostic screwed up... but wait - the 4th tyre did not have any air pressure at all!

We then found a nail in it, and the foreman, took out the tyre, took out the rim, and then did an internal patch. The cost? $30/=. I thought the price was a little on the high side, but my friend told me that when she had a puncture, the tyre shop will do the patching from outside the tyre, i.e. it never leaves the car - and the cost was S$15/= So, at least for mine, got some labour/work done.

I then promptly re-set the tyre pressure initialisation and drove off a satisfied customer - more satisfied with knowing that the BMW diagnostic works.

The tyre shop man also told me that luckily I didn't go back to BMW, because the default position is that they will change the tyre. I am not sure how true this is though ...

Yes, RFTs have re-enforced sidewalls so the tyre doesn't fully collapse when there is no air pressure, so the only indication of a flat is from the tyre pressure monitor. RFTs allow you to drive to the nearest tyre shop to get it fixed/replaced. And because of this re-enforced sidewalls, the ride quality is not as good as normal tyres. Trade-offs

And yes, PML always claims that RFTs cannot be patched, or say that the patch will not last long, so better replace the tyre.

douggie;803991 said:
Yes, RFTs have re-enforced sidewalls so the tyre doesn't fully collapse when there is no air pressure, so the only indication of a flat is from the tyre pressure monitor. RFTs allow you to drive to the nearest tyre shop to get it fixed/replaced. And because of this re-enforced sidewalls, the ride quality is not as good as normal tyres. Trade-offs

And yes, PML always claims that RFTs cannot be patched, or say that the patch will not last long, so better replace the tyre.

PML will also claim leaky, waterlogged LED adaptive headlights are normal, and cannot be changed. But lucky they never claim Fault Code: Low battery warning on my F02 is normal and cannot be helped.... KNN

Hi bros, someone just hit the back of my car. We were stuck in a traffic jam and he wasn't looking. I think the damage is only to my bumper. he was driving a Toyota Camry. He kept asking me to go to his Sin Ming workshop to fix it. But I thought, heck this is a new car, why should I live with the imperfection? Moreover, there may be "internal injuries" which the workshop outside wont know or be motivated to find out. In the circumstances, I have decided to send my car to PML to get fixed. Do you think I am right to do this or am I over reacting? He sad his budget is 1k ....

Go SWC aka Mike to change rear bumper, including spray painting, should be around 1K?

Primus, u r denting ur car alot....u need bathe in flower water

MW;835101 said:
Primus, u r denting ur car alot....u need bathe in flower water

Yeah bro. Have to go Bangkok and pai pai a bit ...so people don't bang me.

Bro primus, normally, it'll be fine to just give chance a bit and send to 3rd party. HOWEVER, you have PDC (reverse sensors) which may be misaligned or malfunctioning post rear-end. In this case, since yours is a PML car, and although PML is well known for being expensive, I think it's prudent that you bring it back to PML for a check :)

Good luck... And yes, Bangkok may be a good idea for some piak piak, I mean, pai pai

Some time ago, some bros here will remember that I KPKB about the suspension of my BMW 528i. I went to PML Alexandra, complained twice or thrice but they said that there was nothing wrong with my suspension. My complaint was that each time I go pass a hump when driving out from a basement carpark, the bottom of the car (front part) will always hit the hump. So after 2-3 complaints, I thought maybe BMW is macam Ferrari lah, cannot go fast when negotiating humps.

Anyway, I nearly gave up on this already until last week I decided to send my car for servicing at PML Dunearn. Dumped my car at the night service, scribbled on the service note "Pls check suspension. Hits hump when going over". Then I received a service SMS 1 day later telling me that there is something wrong with the mounting blah blah and that they will take 2 days to fix, but this is covered by warranty. Heng ah... now they "fixed" that, and I look forward to testing it on the hump at my office's carpark tomorrow.

Moral of the story? Go to different BMW workshops for different mechanics to check your car. Outcome may be different.

pml diagnostic is heng swee one

Last edited by a moderator:

Further to my "happy" post that PML Dunearn fixed my suspension. Guess what? Now when I toggle between Comfort and Sports mode, I can no longer feel the chasis stiffening. Previously, when I toggle between modes, I am feel that the car sort of jerks a little and the suspension feels like it changed. Now I feel nothing. Of course PML Dunearn tells me that this is normal (i.e not feeling the change when I had felt it previously), and if I want to investigate further I have to go back to PML Alexandra 'cos only them have the "diagnostic tools" for the suspension.

Sigh... when will this end? Any bros out there have any experience in this? I.e. when you toggle between the modes, can you "feel" it?

primus22;891420 said:
Further to my "happy" post that PML Dunearn fixed my suspension. Guess what? Now when I toggle between Comfort and Sports mode, I can no longer feel the chasis stiffening. Previously, when I toggle between modes, I am feel that the car sort of jerks a little and the suspension feels like it changed. Now I feel nothing. Of course PML Dunearn tells me that this is normal (i.e not feeling the change when I had felt it previously), and if I want to investigate further I have to go back to PML Alexandra 'cos only them have the "diagnostic tools" for the suspension.

Sigh... when will this end? Any bros out there have any experience in this? I.e. when you toggle between the modes, can you "feel" it?

I save myself the headache. Everytime I get into the car & fire up the engine, I toggle it to Sports Mode. This way, no feel what chassis do frig-all.

Real men drive Sports Mode.

I da man.

:lol2:

OK, jokes aside, bro primus22, when I toggle (from Comfort to Sports), I feel engine braking quite clearly and I get a real kick when I see the rev counter spike. However, there is too much fat in my butt to "feel" the chassis stiffening leh... I'm more likely to feel another part of my anatomy stiffening, given the hungry growl that emanates from the pipes once the F13 is set into Sports Mode heheh :lol2:

primus22;891420 said:

Did you check the setting of your sports mode that you include chassis as well?

qus;891445 said:
Did you check the setting of your sports mode that you include chassis as well?

I don't know how to do that bro? I played around the iDrive but didn't find any setting to change. Can you enlighten me pls? Thx!

wobbles;891427 said:
I save myself the headache. Everytime I get into the car & fire up the engine, I toggle it to Sports Mode. This way, no feel what chassis do frig-all.

Real men drive Sports Mode.

I da man.

:lol2:

OK, jokes aside, bro primus22, when I toggle (from Comfort to Sports), I feel engine braking quite clearly and I get a real kick when I see the rev counter spike. However, there is too much fat in my butt to "feel" the chassis stiffening leh... I'm more likely to feel another part of my anatomy stiffening, given the hungry growl that emanates from the pipes once the F13 is set into Sports Mode heheh :lol2:

Its not the engine lah bro. My engine also rev when in sports mode. Its the chasis. You can feel it tightening or stiffen or harden (for lack of a better term) when the mode is toggled from comfort to sports.

primus22;891459 said:
I don't know how to do that bro? I played around the iDrive but didn't find any setting to change. Can you enlighten me pls? Thx!

In Sports Mode, there is an option for engine only or engine & chassis together. I'll see if I can snap some photos tmr for you...

primus22;891420 said:

Yes. Whenever there's issue with the car, it's best to do your homework before sending in to PML. You need to prepare how to convince them that it's not normal!

But regarding your question. Yes, there's some difference when I toggle to sport mode. I can feel the steering a little heavier and the throttle response is sharper. The transmission shifts at higher rpms. Chassis wise, I find not much difference - still bouncy with floating feeling.

Did they explain what did they do to "fix" your original suspension problem?

douggie;891512 said:
Yes. Whenever there's issue with the car, it's best to do your homework before sending in to PML. You need to prepare how to convince them that it's not normal!

But regarding your question. Yes, there's some difference when I toggle to sport mode. I can feel the steering a little heavier and the throttle response is sharper. The transmission shifts at higher rpms. Chassis wise, I find not much difference - still bouncy with floating feeling.

Did they explain what did they do to "fix" your original suspension problem?

Thanks for the reply bro. Before I sent the car in, whenever I toggle between comfort and sports mode when stationary, I can immediately feel a tightening of the chassis, not when driving.

Well, they said that the mounting of the suspension, some kind of rubber hardened, so the suspension wasn't absorbing. To think that I have been driving the bloody car for 9 months now and this is what they tell me! I have been complaining about this since I took delivery of the car in January !! KNN ...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
777vinname

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back