Help! I dented my 528i

Re: Help! I dented my 528i

Gosh bro primus22 - your luck is almost as bad as mine!

Tyre Pressure Loss could be due toa leak or puncture. Usually, if you check thru the iDrive, they'll let you know which tyre is the culprit.

With PML, EVERYTHING is expensive! Probably cheaper to get a replacement from outside.

Good luck!

Yeah bro Wob... damn sui! I just hope its a false alarm. Change 1 tyre, dunno how much I will burn this time!

i presume you have 'free' tow service from your insurance
tow to your preferred tyre shop to replace the tyre if it's 100% when you return
alternatively, call bmw assist and tow to pml lor ... change tyre from pml confirm is more expensive

Last edited by a moderator:

Bro wt_know, do you know how much is will PML charge me and how much is it outside? If not too much, to avoid the hassle, maybe I will just go with PML since Tuesday is a public holiday anyway.

depends on size and brand and is it RFT?
aiya ... for peace of mind then tow to pml la ... the most it's more expensive by $100-$150 for changing 1 tyre?

primus22;802868 said:
Bro wt_know, do you know how much is will PML charge me and how much is it outside? If not too much, to avoid the hassle, maybe I will just go with PML since Tuesday is a public holiday anyway.

If it is a RFT, you should be able to drive to your tire shop of choice to check and change. Unless there is a monster hole you can see.

good point ... but after overnight parking at airport not sure still got enuff air or not
finger crossed la .... :D

qus;802871 said:
If it is a RFT, you should be able to drive to your tire shop of choice to check and change. Unless there is a monster hole you can see.

yeah, its RFT. If its a real puncture, I m sure the air will all be gone by the time I get back to the airport. If not, then this is probably a false alarm..

primus22;803076 said:
yeah, its RFT. If its a real puncture, I m sure the air will all be gone by the time I get back to the airport. If not, then this is probably a false alarm..

How much is your parking going to cost you? Not BT i hope.

3 weeks ago, I also got tire pressure loss message after leaving my house for 3km with entire family. I quickly proceed to the nearest petrol station, pressure was at 170 from usual 240-250. I pumped it to 250, then drove home at around 40-50km per hour.

Next day, I called tow truck to tow to Hurry Tires and was charged $20 to patch up the tire. Singapore really no need RFT la... unless u drive up down m'sia frequently.

But in your case, 3 days in airport... could be just touch and go.... tires could be flat then. BMW electronics should be quite accurate for a new car. Worst case, get a tow truck to the airport to tow to tire shop lor.

spencer dude, why u need to call tow truck to go Hurry? Get those tyre foam pump and put in ur car lah, pump liao u can just drive down to any tyre shop to patch up.

Unless of cos the tow truck is FOC one...

MW;803288 said:
spencer dude, why u need to call tow truck to go Hurry? Get those tyre foam pump and put in ur car lah, pump liao u can just drive down to any tyre shop to patch up.

Unless of cos the tow truck is FOC one...

I was wondering how effective are those. I saw them at Hurry.

st8800;803178 said:
3 weeks ago, I also got tire pressure loss message after leaving my house for 3km with entire family. I quickly proceed to the nearest petrol station, pressure was at 170 from usual 240-250. I pumped it to 250, then drove home at around 40-50km per hour.

Next day, I called tow truck to tow to Hurry Tires and was charged $20 to patch up the tire. Singapore really no need RFT la... unless u drive up down m'sia frequently.

But in your case, 3 days in airport... could be just touch and go.... tires could be flat then. BMW electronics should be quite accurate for a new car. Worst case, get a tow truck to the airport to tow to tire shop lor.

Thanks bro. I also think jialat already lah. I will have to get someone to tow my car to the shop and get the flat fixed. Sigh.... damn sian $$$

Oh yes, any bros here know whether the BMW Assist tow truck is free one or not? If not, how much?

My wife got AA so tow is free for me. Hehehe.

Maybe need to look at buying one of the foam sets just to be on the safe side.

I also got AA, bro. But frankly at 8pm tonight, I also don't know where to tow my car to!

Sorry, does any bro here know what is the tyre size for new F10 528i? 245/45/18 ? I can't see my car from here, so I am trying to make arrangements with the tyre shop to make sure they have the stock, and then once I touch down later, I will get AA to tow my car to the tyre shop to fix the flat.

primus22;803548 said:
I also got AA, bro. But frankly at 8pm tonight, I also don't know where to tow my car to!

Can try Pitshop at Caltex Whitley road. They open till quite late.

primus22;803549 said:
Sorry, does any bro here know what is the tyre size for new F10 528i? 245/45/18 ? I can't see my car from here, so I am trying to make arrangements with the tyre shop to make sure they have the stock, and then once I touch down later, I will get AA to tow my car to the tyre shop to fix the flat.

Yes for 18" it is 245/45/18.

Latest update : I saw my car again at 7.30pm and checked the tyres. Amazingly, all seem OK, not flat. I then called a tyre shop in Bkt Batok and the man assured me that it is safe to drive all the way to his shop so long as I go below 80 km/h. I then drove to his tyre shop and he was still waiting for me. His foreman checked the tyres and after 3 tyres, I thought to myself - maybe my BMW diagnostic screwed up... but wait - the 4th tyre did not have any air pressure at all!

We then found a nail in it, and the foreman, took out the tyre, took out the rim, and then did an internal patch. The cost? $30/=. I thought the price was a little on the high side, but my friend told me that when she had a puncture, the tyre shop will do the patching from outside the tyre, i.e. it never leaves the car - and the cost was S$15/= So, at least for mine, got some labour/work done.

I then promptly re-set the tyre pressure initialisation and drove off a satisfied customer - more satisfied with knowing that the BMW diagnostic works.

The tyre shop man also told me that luckily I didn't go back to BMW, because the default position is that they will change the tyre. I am not sure how true this is though ...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
777vinname

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back