How good K&N air filter??

Re: How good K&N air filter??

is it difficult to install the filter? or do we have to do it at the workshop? thanks

It's actually really simple to install.
But its still best that u get it done at a workshop...
Got mine hooked up at BVO.
Took less than 15 minutes and viola!
U have ur K&N filter!

anthonyl;298979 said:
no lah, less than sgd150 can get

Bought mine at $158 yesterday. Maybe its in the mind, but I do feel the car lighter on the move very slightly.

Does a K&N filter allow more dirt to get into your engine compared to the stock filter?

Does installation of k&n filter void warranty?

Thanks.

I got mine for $100. Self installed, very easy job. Feel better response when throttle...

Where did you get yours?

I am thinking of getting one too and installing it myself. But I haven't really looked at the engine compartment yet.
How easy is it to install on my own?

Does the filter require cleaning? I saw there are K&N filter cleaning kit, bought a set to try. Open the bonnet, stare at my engine compartment, cannot figure out where is the filter, how to clean? Any shop offer cleaning service?

KNN filter does allow more air in. They are a washable filter, thats why you can buy cleaning kits, that means dont replace, just wash, simple really.

Ive had a K&N in every car ive owned, nope, cant tell the difference at all, its so marginal. Ive also drilled 40mm holes in my airbox so its got the roarrrrrrrrrrr sound, heheh, quite good lah. Like an open pod, but stock looking, cops cant tell.

Dont put the sticker on your car though, thats gay.

i m goin to remove my sticker....

Just a caution. I could feel some slight improvement with K&N on my 320i. I tried the same on my 335i and it was an absolute disaster.

wot happened ?

somehow i did feel the low end torque drop after i first installed. but after drving alittle seems the sensors adjusted itself back, now its quite shiok...
too bad hurricane dont have for the 318 :)

I bought my K & N from McVenture several years back. They provide a service where you can go back to them and they will wash it, air-dry it and oil it. Free service, no time limit.

Does BVO and any other company provide this service? (nothing bad about McVenture, just don;t like the traffice jam at Ubi/ Eunos).

I am looking for a K & N for my 525i

MapleLeaf;434185 said:
I bought my K & N from McVenture several years back. They provide a service where you can go back to them and they will wash it, air-dry it and oil it. Free service, no time limit.

Does BVO and any other company provide this service? (nothing bad about McVenture, just don;t like the traffice jam at Ubi/ Eunos).

I am looking for a K & N for my 525i

Vimauto of Defu Lane 10 offers such service too. :)

Got a K&N for E60 yesterday at McWell Venture Ubi. $148 inclu lifetime servicing.

When I using K&N for my E46, I went back to them for washing and oiling every six months. No issue with servicing

K&N allows more dirt to get in to the manifold eventually . Some guys did a vacuum cleaner test on the K&N and it came back much dirtiers with K&N. Used to have this on my old galant VRM in 2000, but never installed on bmws so far. With the MAF installed the ECU should adjust very quickly to the changes in airflow so do not expect any major improvement in the performance.

The problem with K&N filters is that i uses oil to help trap dirt. that is the detriment to this filter.
because of this oil dirt that do get pass the filter are abit oily. thus it will stick to the sensor, causing the MAF to fail.

Alot of the time is due to user over oiling and not letting enough time to "dry" before installing back into the car.

My last car after 130k KM on KNN my butterfly v/v was alittle stuck due to the dirt, so when you step on the throttle, there is a abit of sticky ness before it opens.

SO guys please oil the filter lightly after washing. as they say , alittle goes a long way!

Other filters like Hurricane , HKS and blitz etc dont have oil but they also have more dirt going through.
in the demo, using the vaccuum, i believe BLITZ filter was the best, followed by K&N, HKS cam be pretty poor.

I cant find that video anymore. i will post here if i find it .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
for88today

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back