How many of you thinking of switching to Mercedes

Ahbengdriver

Legendary 10 Years
Ok, me the beng included. I ve always felt BMW is more dynamic to drive tham Merc. Never impressed with any Merc I test drove before. But heh, one of my hiadee said recently:

1. Mygirlshoemaker is joing Merc F1 team. Merc AMG provide so many of their engines to other teams in F1. KNN...BMW withdraw after screwing around in F1 winning nothing.

2. Went to google some pics of new Merc models. Must say their design had become more stylish. The new 2011 SLK looks seepay cool.

Merc interior also nicer. Their AMG may also make a 3.6L Twin Turbo apparently...OMFG ! I think my next car may be a merc. pls dont say I :stfu:

Re: How many of you thinking of switching to Mercedes

have always thought about it. merc is one marc i never rule out.

am a closet merc fan. many bros here say wan

Grudge Match - C63 AMG or e90/2 M3?

me oso thinking abt it. always liked the shape of the W211 E-class... esp in black with AMG trims..

......................................................Toyota here I come!!!!!!

arsenal62;506837 said:
......................................................Toyota here I come!!!!!!

pretend only...this old one switched over to Merc already...

This Arse62 is a lao hypocrite. KNN also say bad things about Conti cars, but he drives a GTi and a C Class. Ninabey.

Okie................................Skoda here I come!

To me the Merd is one step behind the Bimmer in term of technology, I'll rather go for AUDI, their car r more interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alamak.......................................BMW here I come! Like this sibeh boh eng leh....

donaldho;506861 said:
To me the Merd is one step behind the Bimmer in term of technology, I'll rather go for AUDI, their car r more interesting.
in terms of engine yes, but rest of the cars technology not necessarily.

in fact i think they r at the fore front. merc has pioneered new technology over the yrs used by other marc. the auto suction door closing 1st seen in the S class 10 yrs back is used in 7 series and LS460 now. lately in the new mercs, they came out with safety features such as detection of driver drowsiness and 3 different ambient lighting in the cabin which u can adjust from.

audi on the contrary is riding on technology.

donaldho;506861 said:

+1

Slater;506863 said:
in terms of engine yes, but rest of the cars technology not necessarily.

in fact i think they r at the fore front. merc has pioneered new technology over the yrs used by other marc. the auto suction door closing 1st seen in the S class 10 yrs back is used in 7 series and LS460 now. lately in the new mercs, they came out with safety features such as detection of driver drowsiness and 3 different ambient lighting in the cabin which u can adjust from.

audi on the contrary is riding on technology.

even if buy merc also from PI
C&C cannot make it. blood sucking.
when u go claim parts on warranty, they will tell u wear and tear parts caused the fault. so u must pay for wear and tear. end of day, fault still there.

merc forum not as active as bmw.
meaning no one to discuss mod with u. sob sob.
no used parts to buy.
no one buy ur used parts too.

taxi is merc
cannot choose white color

hitmee;506864 said:
+1

even if buy merc also from PI
C&C cannot make it. blood sucking.
when u go claim parts on warranty, they will tell u wear and tear parts caused the fault. so u must pay for wear and tear. end of day, fault still there.

merc forum not as active as bmw.
meaning no one to discuss mod with u. sob sob.
no used parts to buy.
no one buy ur used parts too.

taxi is merc
cannot choose white color
yeah was told that merc parts and servicing quite ex.

but their technology and innovation no one can question la

BMW forever.....

halo....mai luan choo kong lah.........just think hard why many taxi operators choose MB as taxi.

just think hard why many taxi operators choose MB as taxi.

Because got bulk deal discount. Also Merc parts are easily available.
Mercele, to the general public, is "the luxury car". Just like Rolex is to all coffeeshop uncles
and aunties.

Neber hear the hokkien song meh..."Na si wa ow Jie Pa Bun". Translated it means "IF I Have
1M bucks. Watch the video...very funny.

So for those who wants "Sey" and look like big boss...Mercele lah. Cannot got wrong.

However, I have tried so many from C180 to C280, from E200 to E280. Kompressorr and non-kompressor type. Even the CLK, SLK and ML350. Also tried the latest E350 coupe.
I still think it is a car you want to sit at the rear seats with kopi-c in one hand and Business Times in the other. Just tell your driver where to go and enjoy the classical music in the pampered luxury ambient roomy setting& the quietness and comfort of a cruiser.

If you want to take the wheel and drive like MygirlShoemaker, then u will be disappointed. The lag is obvious when u floor the pedal. Handling got not much feel. At full throttle it does not sound exciting. So unless u go up to SLS AMG class, it will not make much difference.

Just my 2-cents worth.

when i reached zileng's age....may be my taste will change. heehee

audi best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, will consider to switch camp to audi but not merc
i did not get myself A4 previously due to its low OMV .... hope things will improve eventually.
turbo give more omph after modding :goodup:

Terry;506897 said:
audi best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Now lagi luan.....must have MB interior, BMW engine, Lexus smothness, GTR surefooted handling, Audi design and toyota pricing.....CB you all lah!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18winrent

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back