How many of you thinking of switching to Mercedes

Re: How many of you thinking of switching to Mercedes

Solidgold;506891 said:
Because got bulk deal discount. Also Merc parts are easily available.
Mercele, to the general public, is "the luxury car". Just like Rolex is to all coffeeshop uncles
and aunties.

Neber hear the hokkien song meh..."Na si wa ow Jie Pa Bun". Translated it means "IF I Have
1M bucks. Watch the video...very funny.

So for those who wants "Sey" and look like big boss...Mercele lah. Cannot got wrong.

However, I have tried so many from C180 to C280, from E200 to E280. Kompressorr and non-kompressor type. Even the CLK, SLK and ML350. Also tried the latest E350 coupe.
I still think it is a car you want to sit at the rear seats with kopi-c in one hand and Business Times in the other. Just tell your driver where to go and enjoy the classical music in the pampered luxury ambient roomy setting& the quietness and comfort of a cruiser.

If you want to take the wheel and drive like MygirlShoemaker, then u will be disappointed. The lag is obvious when u floor the pedal. Handling got not much feel. At full throttle it does not sound exciting. So unless u go up to SLS AMG class, it will not make much difference.

Just my 2-cents worth.
+1 "Jie Pa Bun"

in that case, merc has achieved the objective in its design

Solidgold;506891 said:
I have tried so many from C180 to C280, from E200 to E280. Kompressorr and non-kompressor type. Even the CLK, SLK and ML350. Also tried the latest E350 coupe.
I still think it is a car you want to sit at the rear seats with kopi-c in one hand and Business Times in the other. Just tell your driver where to go and enjoy the classical music in the pampered luxury ambient roomy setting& the quietness and comfort of a cruiser.

Solidgold;506891 said:
However, I have tried so many from C180 to C280, from E200 to E280. Kompressorr and non-kompressor type. Even the CLK, SLK and ML350. Also tried the latest E350 coupe.

Just my 2-cents worth.

confusion of target audience.
should be:

kopi c + wan bao + hokkein songs
or
starbuck + business times + classical music

it's 1 statement target many audience la :lol2:

kopi-c = towkeys who manage several foodstalls or kopitiams

business times = company cfo or senior management going to work

classical music = richie rich who don't need to work and their pass time is to attend social events

hitmee;506909 said:
confusion of target audience.
should be:

kopi c + wan bao + hokkein songs
or
starbuck + business times + classical music

I'll have the say the only car I've considered from Merc is the C63 AMG.

The looks and styling are more aggressive than the M3. The exhaust note is unbeatable for a stock exhaust and the HP it puts out is phenomenal.

But the 8300rpm redline, handling, lighter weight, 8 ITBs, DCT and being an all time M3 lover sealed the deal.

For a cruiser, the C63 is really a good option if that is what you prefer. The amount of power on tap is intoxicating.

yeah think C63 is a fantastic cruiser
on track, too front heavy and suspension v soft...car understeers all over.

arsenal62;506899 said:
Now lagi luan.....must have MB interior, BMW engine, Lexus smothness, GTR surefooted handling, Audi design and toyota pricing.....CB you all lah!

Yah..you sibey luan. Don't know if you wanna be like the replica chio bu at CV or Orchard Towers' Crazy Horse.

rodders;506924 said:
Yah..you sibey luan. Don't know if you wanna be like the replica chio bu at CV or Orchard Towers' Crazy Horse.

You still alive arh? Bear in mind that your gay topic is not allowed here.
Happy new year to you............... the chow ah kua rod
whahahahahahahaha...............

arsenal62;506928 said:
You still alive arh? Bear in mind that your gay topic is not allowed here.
Happy new year to you............... the chow ah kua rod
whahahahahahahaha...............

Happy nude year to you too chee leng.

Like some here, I find the usual Merc very soft. tested A class, B class, C class, E class, M class.....farking torque is just not there:thinking:.

I never driven but heard the AMGs are very diff and very good. Well the F1 safety car is an AMG so it has to be good.

For the entire Mercedes lineup... I only have eyes for the SL65 Black Series

I will consider switching for the up-to-date electronics the Merc offers. BMW gives you nothing except a great engine.

pengful;507222 said:
I will consider switching for the up-to-date electronics the Merc offers. BMW gives you nothing except a great engine.
wow, thats harsh bro.

pengful;507266 said:
Just do a comparo and you will know what I mean.
i did. look at the 7 series and s class. 7 series beats the merc in features. TOP Gear comparison of the 2 cars also yields same results. if u r refering to C class and 3 series then its not a fair comparison. the c class came out a good 3 yrs after the 3 was introduced. the new 3 shld cream the c class flat.

It's no harsh at all...in fact is very polite and being nice.
Talk about engine try compare BMW best 4-pot 2.0 NA against Honda best 4-pot 2.0 NA.
Talk turbo engine you try use BMW latest IL6 3.0 TT against 90s' Nissan IL6 R26B TT.
BMW produces good smooth in-line six enigne ---- me 100% agree (cos I driven 3 bmws before)
BMW produces great engine?? You decide me no comment.
Better stop here arh boh neh ah pui kenn will come in and say I talk bad things about conti cars again.

Okie just to make you guys happy.....hear say many people commented drive BMW sibeh tok kong and sart one cos ah lian and ah huay...errr sorry and paiseh....should be sweet and chio ladies with ang mo name like Adeline, Michelle, Jasmine, etc like to sit in BMW.

Muahahhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............Kia here I come!

TripleM;506917 said:
yeah think C63 is a fantastic cruiser
on track, too front heavy and suspension v soft...car understeers all over.

looks like if one is not a hardcore tracker, c63 looks to be a very fun car to have. great exhaust (stock is already intoxicating, imagine with an aftermarket exhaust), power on tap, just that the handling is caught out when you bring it on track. road tax however makes one think twice whether is it worth it? :wavey:

e33extra;507276 said:
looks like if one is not a hardcore tracker, c63 looks to be a very fun car to have. great exhaust (stock is already intoxicating, imagine with an aftermarket exhaust), power on tap, just that the handling is caught out when you bring it on track. road tax however makes one think twice whether is it worth it? :wavey:

i think C63 win in power dept due to the BIG engine - as someone here have signature "no replacement for displacement"

but i feel that the roadtax for 6.3L is not an issue if the buyer can fork out the amt for a C63

perhaps we should compare the F10 against the E class as a measure of what Merc and BMW is capable of lately

Think the main thrust/idea behind my road tax idea is that a c63 prob costs around 350k range from C&C? M3/GTR would be in that range as well, and they deliver similar, if not better performance, but without the additional payment in road tax.

F10 and E class both have their pros and cons I guess? Always a thinking carved into people's minds already that a bimmer would be built for driving while a merc may be more comfortable while in the back seat? Of course, these are all ideas that the media and PR dept of the car companies have drilled into us over the years.

And i fully agree, no replacement for displacement! 6.3L of yummy V8. Slurp.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18winrent

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back