How many of you thinking of switching to Mercedes

Re: How many of you thinking of switching to Mercedes

bmw build quality suckier than mercedes too...alot of minor problems....

but mercedes looks ugly... other than the C class and CLS and SL

ya loh.

bmw interior no match for Lexus & Merc, aircon also not as good as others, seat contour a bit wierd and takes time to get use to, bmw radio sucks big time, even the Logic 7

but the driving feel is good la, engine is so sweet even for my N52B25 not to mention those better endowed bmw engines

Jason8822;507286 said:
ya loh.

bmw interior no match for Lexus & Merc, aircon also not as good as others, seat contour a bit wierd and takes time to get use to, bmw radio sucks big time, even the Logic 7

but the driving feel is good la, engine is so sweet even for my N52B25 not to mention those better endowed bmw engines

You are right man............

+1

cheers

It's no harsh at all...in fact is very polite and being nice.
Talk about engine try compare BMW best 4-pot 2.0 NA against Honda best 4-pot 2.0 NA.
Talk turbo engine you try use BMW latest IL6 3.0 TT against 90s' Nissan IL6 R26B TT.

Not sure why Nissan and Honda engine come up here. I thot the topic is how many switching to Merc?:confused:

no way i'm switching to Merc... recently bypassed an SLK for a japanese "toy"..:p..heheh...

Solidgold;507376 said:
Not sure why Nissan and Honda engine come up here. I thot the topic is how many switching to Merc?:confused:

You happy just read, not happy keep it to yourself.
Why you concern lim peh kee lan at 12 o'clock position or 6 o'clock position!
You admin is it? If you buay song can go poh mata say I off topic in this thread.
You want serious make sure you can take it.........

You happy just read, not happy keep it to yourself.

No offence bro. I thout the Merc will be switching to Honda and Toyota engines soon.

Solidgold;507389 said:
No offence bro. I thout the Merc will be switching to Honda and Toyota engines soon.

Why would you think that? Arsenal62 was merely comparing BMW NA and turbo engines to the other 2 makes. And I thought he mentioned Nissan, not Toyota.

Back to the topic.

Other than BMW taking away the rear aircon vents and automatic climate control in the base models, I got a new surprise from BMW in the last 2 days. Apparently, a sensor inside the steering column (BVO checked and reset the fault codes) keep showing warning that the car is losing DSC and my signal lights won't stop blinking even after making a turn. The warning sign is a circular arrow with an exclamation sign inside a triangle. The warning even tells me tyre pressure is low. How can that be? I don't even have monitoring devices in my tyres!

In all my years of driving, I have never seen do many problems but to save face I always tell my friends that BMW is number 1.:liar:

So far, the list of my problems with the car;
- faulty oil sensor sending out wrong readings resulting in over-topping engine oil which resulted car having to be towed back to workshop
- engine oil leaking
- some minor water leaking problem into the passenger side which I have no idea how and where water got in
- wing mirrors resetting itself every time and fixed by PML
- irregular rpm due to faulty ignition coil fixed by BVO
- latest and greatest, faulty steering column sensor throwing out warnings and would cost me est $1,000 to fix

I think Merc will never have the above problems. My family has always been pro-Merc but I broke tradition and regretting it.:shakehea:

pengful;507434 said:
Back to the topic.

Other than BMW taking away the rear aircon vents and automatic climate control in the base models, I got a new surprise from BMW in the last 2 days. Apparently, a sensor inside the steering column (BVO checked and reset the fault codes) keep showing warning that the car is losing DSC and my signal lights won't stop blinking even after making a turn. The warning sign is a circular arrow with an exclamation sign inside a triangle. The warning even tells me tyre pressure is low. How can that be? I don't even have monitoring devices in my tyres!

In all my years of driving, I have never seen do many problems but to save face I always tell my friends that BMW is number 1.:liar:

So far, the list of my problems with the car;
- faulty oil sensor sending out wrong readings resulting in over-topping engine oil which resulted car having to be towed back to workshop
- engine oil leaking
- some minor water leaking problem into the passenger side which I have no idea how and where water got in
- wing mirrors resetting itself every time and fixed by PML
- irregular rpm due to faulty ignition coil fixed by BVO
- latest and greatest, faulty steering column sensor throwing out warnings and would cost me est $1,000 to fix

I think Merc will never have the above problems. My family has always been pro-Merc but I broke tradition and regretting it.:shakehea:

true lah. E90 seems to have more problems than E46. My E46 was rock solid.

but the last generation merc, A class, CLK, C class, S class all gave us hell lots of problems.
it doesnt help when C&C is out there to suck ur blood at every opportunity.

but a wise one once said, the time when u start to appreciate merc soft suspension, is also the time ur below is going soft.

hitmee;507439 said:
true lah. E90 seems to have more problems than E46. My E46 was rock solid.

but the last generation merc, A class, CLK, C class, S class all gave us hell lots of problems.
it doesnt help when C&C is out there to suck ur blood at every opportunity.

but a wise one once said, the time when u start to appreciate merc soft suspension, is also the time ur below is going soft.
well said. haha. frankly i doubt mercs reliability is any better. grass is always greener on the other side. my family once own a E200. plenty of problems till we had to sell the car

the old man instead of driving his E-klasse drives the E46 so much more now...boo...

pilotsnoopy;507448 said:
the old man instead of driving his E-klasse drives the E46 so much more now...boo...

he stronger than u... kee kee

Yesterday was declared car-test-drive-day by the Beng Alumni. Lim pay accordingly was bouncing around Leng Kee Road. Walked into C&C, no salesman attend to yours truly wearing turtle neck T-shirt(bot from pasar malam one), Bata scandals, Bermudas(given by my chao neighbour cos he grown bigger) and my $35 sunglasses that sees fark-off. Err hmm.....actually none of the Merc on display looked any good, except the new E-class-coupe. Didnt test drive cos C&C charges me $3.60 for a bottle of soft drinks! then off to Audi showroom liao and.....nevermind.

Ahbengdriver;507471 said:
Yesterday was declared car-test-drive-day by the Beng Alumni. Lim pay accordingly was bouncing around Leng Kee Road. Walked into C&C, no salesman attend to yours truly wearing turtle neck T-shirt(bot from pasar malam one), Bata scandals, Bermudas(given by my chao neighbour cos he grown bigger) and my $35 sunglasses that sees fark-off. Err hmm.....actually none of the Merc on display looked any good, except the new E-class-coupe. Didnt test drive cos C&C charges me $3.60 for a bottle of soft drinks! then off to Audi showroom liao and.....nevermind.
haha. and ppl are complaining bout PML service.

i went to C&C and was greeted upon entry leh...then brought me up the lift see some other models...see me to the carpark...

hehehe
$3.60....profit very high lei.

hitmee;507477 said:
hehehe
$3.60....profit very high lei.

KNN...$3.60 somemore must open the bottle myself. PCC also didnt use so much energy. seriously I think they see what u wear one. Next time I go in my Shanghai-beach-tuxedo and see still must pay for soft drinks or not...NNB.

Ahbengdriver;507478 said:
KNN...$3.60 somemore must open the bottle myself. PCC also didnt use so much energy. seriously I think they see what u wear one. Next time I go in my Shanghai-beach-tuxedo and see still must pay for soft drinks or not...NNB.

why didnt u stop ur bat mobile in front of the show room?
they will send out miss c&c to welcome u

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New88photos

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back